The United States of Esoterica

Official forum of binnallofamerica.com
It is currently Mon Oct 15, 2018 4:58 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

PostPosted: Thu Feb 20, 2014 10:05 am 
Modern Day Nephilim

25th anniversary show promises to be epic. (With epic long lines unfortunately)

Bret the hitman Hart has confirmed.

That alone makes this a must attend event.

PostPosted: Thu Feb 20, 2014 12:43 pm 
Site Admin

Bret Hart is a bitter old man. Good luck, RSS.

I'll keep my fingers crossed in the hopes that Joyce DeWitt will be allowed, by her parole officer, to attend this year's festivities.

"An artist has got to be constantly in a state of becoming." -- Bob Dylan

PostPosted: Thu Feb 20, 2014 10:49 pm 
Modern Day Nephilim

I really want to ask him if the carpet in his home was piss stained when he was growing up.

PostPosted: Thu Mar 27, 2014 1:17 am 
Modern Day Nephilim

Just a quick update on the awesomeness ....

The bionic man and the bionic woman are appearing. Lee majors and Lindsay Wagner, and Richard Anderson (Oscar Goldman)
This is epic
:mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen:

Drea de Matteo. Finally someone from the sopranos!!

The one and only boomer from the original battle star galactic a returns. He's always a cool guy to chat with.

William shatner. I fear the line will be massive for him. I'd like to talk to Denny crane, not capt. Kirk.
Actually, I'd like to talk to him about the battle of the network stars, when he represented abc for his to hooker

Dawn wells.

Billy zabka.. You know, sweep the leg....karate kid.

And then comic guests

Mark waid.
Awesome guy. Awesome writer.

Jim calafiore.

Chris Claremont. Okay, I met him before and not a fan after meeting him.well see if the last time was just him having a bad day,

Jose Luis Garcia-Lopez

PostPosted: Thu Apr 24, 2014 7:11 am 
Skull and Bones Flunkie

I will be attending a similar event this weekend, the Chicago Comic and Entertainment Expo. There will be a slew a old wrestlers there including Hulk Hogan, Hacksaw Jim Duggan, (who I see is also attending Motor City Comic Con) Kevin Nash, Jerry Lawler (you can buy a drawing of his for like 20$ lol) Al Snow, Jimmy Hart, Mick Foley and I'm sure an unofficial appearance from Virgil who seems to lurk around every year. I probably won't be waiting in line to meet any of them as last year there were a shitload of people everywhere. Maybe if Virgils prices are reasonable ill get a picture and post it here lol. :P :mrgreen:

PostPosted: Fri Apr 25, 2014 4:20 pm 
Modern Day Nephilim

Superdanwonder5 wrote:
I will be attending a similar event this weekend, the Chicago Comic and Entertainment Expo. There will be a slew a old wrestlers there including Hulk Hogan, Hacksaw Jim Duggan, (who I see is also attending Motor City Comic Con) Kevin Nash, Jerry Lawler (you can buy a drawing of his for like 20$ lol) Al Snow, Jimmy Hart, Mick Foley and I'm sure an unofficial appearance from Virgil who seems to lurk around every year. I probably won't be waiting in line to meet any of them as last year there were a shitload of people everywhere. Maybe if Virgils prices are reasonable ill get a picture and post it here lol. :P :mrgreen:

Virgil frequently attends the Motor City Comic Con. Never really liked his gimmick, as I'm more a territory days wrestling fan and remember Ted DiBiase's being a better heel before he was the Million Dollar Man. Virgil is all about the WWE too, which was annoying.

Talked to Duggan last year at Motor City Comic Con. He was great. One of my favorites from the Mid-South days.

Brutus Beefcake was a late add to the Motor City Comic Con. I talked to Greg Valentine last year, so it'll be fun to talk to Brutus this year.

Bret Hart is also attending, but i think he's going to be charging VIP prices, so I probably won't get to meet him.

Of the Chicago group, I'd definitely want to talk to Lawler. He basically kept an entire territory afloat by himself.

PostPosted: Mon Apr 28, 2014 8:26 pm 
Skull and Bones Flunkie

Well it was a successful C2E2. Best of the day was the 3 fat guys dressed like the Shield. Didn't get to talk to any of the wrestlers but some observations I made were Kevin Nash was high, Jim Duggan seems like a cool dude and Al Snow is still ripped and if he isn't wrestling anymore he definatly could. Hulk Hogan was in the autograph area and was charging 99$ for an autograph so I stayed far away from that. Only disappointment was I didn't get to see Stan Lee.

PostPosted: Mon Apr 28, 2014 10:18 pm 
Site Admin

Jesus, $99 for an autograph! That is insane.

"An artist has got to be constantly in a state of becoming." -- Bob Dylan

PostPosted: Sat May 17, 2014 5:09 pm 
Modern Day Nephilim

Prices, sadly were astronomical this year.
While the Con made major improvements to handle the massive amount of people who come to the Con -- making more ticket and entry lines this year and adding shuttles for offsite parking -- the guests who came charged $10-20 more OR EVEN MORE for autographs.

Much as I wanted to meet Lee Majors, I wasn't paying $40 for an autograph.

I did throw down $30 for Brutus Beefcake. He was cool. He said he hasn't watched the WWE Network yet, but is glad a new generation of fans will be watching his matches.

I would have bought an autograph from the Nasty Boys, but one of them acted like a complete piece of shit and asked me to move when I was standing slightly into their space while talking to Beefcake's handler. At the time, they had absolutely nobody seeking their autograph and it came off that they were bitchy because Beefcake had more fans in his area.

Oh, there was one other highlight....I met Baroody!!
:mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: