Official forum of binnallofamerica.com
It is currently Wed Aug 15, 2018 5:09 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: WrestleMania XXX
PostPosted: Tue Mar 11, 2014 1:28 am 
Site Admin

http://www.wwe.com/shows/wrestlemania

WrestleMania XXX ... April 6th ... New Orleans, LA

Randy Orton v. Batista v. Daniel Bryan (if victorious earlier in evening)
Daniel Bryan v. HHH
Undertaker v. Brock Lesnar
John Cena v. Bray Wyatt
Andre The Giant Memorial 30 Man Battle Royal

2014 Hall of Fame: Ultimate Warrior, Jake Roberts, Lita, Paul Bearer, Carlos Colon

"An artist has got to be constantly in a state of becoming." -- Bob Dylan

Post subject: Re: WrestleMania XXX
PostPosted: Tue Mar 11, 2014 1:29 am 
Site Admin

Glad they did right by Daniel Bryan and seem to be positioning him to win the belt @ WM in a big moment. Should have two killer matches, I'm sure, and it saves the main event from being so damned bland.

Wyatt v. Cena will hopefully be a spectacle.

Taker v. Brock should be brutal albeit predictable.

Love the addition of the Andre battle royal. Was just bitching about the need for a good battle royal as part of WM and I'm glad they made it mean something instead of some throwaway match. Plus it gives spots to guys who I don't want to see in individual matches, like Seamus and Christian.

I expect the remaining matches should mean something, like a Shield implosion match and maybe Swagger v. Cesaro or something. And a tag team showcase of sorts. Plus your standard diva showcase.

PostPosted: Tue Mar 11, 2014 7:07 am 
Skull and Bones Flunkie

I agree with the Andre battle royal. It's the perfect opportunity to have just about everyone on the show. The only question I have is who Big E and Ambrose are gonna wrestle for the titles. I can't imagine they wouldn't defend them, right? I heard about maybe a unification match but I'm not sure I like that idea. Will there be a predictions contest this year? I missed out on last years by a couple weeks haha.

PostPosted: Tue Mar 11, 2014 11:01 am 
Site Admin

Yes, there will be a prediction contest. JV and I are also talking about doing a one-off LIVE WrestleMania preview show for The Good Parade. More details on that as they become available.

I wouldn't be surprised if Big E doesn't defend the title. I'd heard about the possibility of a unification match as well. If they were going that route, I'd have Mark Henry win the US title tonight on the LIVE Main Event (on WWEN) and then have Big E v. Mark Henry battle of big men match to unify the belts. Shift Ambrose over to a Shield 3-way match and you've got it covered.

Otherwise, I think Big E is just in the Battle Royal and there's no IC title bout. I think they've done it before when the IC champion was in the MITB match at WM a few years back.

PostPosted: Tue Mar 11, 2014 2:10 pm 
Bilderburger Attendee

Came in this morning to the news a co-worker won DeAngelo Williams and Gary Barnidge's Wrestlemania contest. 5th row seats. Pretty sure I hate him now.

PostPosted: Tue Mar 11, 2014 4:53 pm 
Bilderburger Attendee

And I see on Deangelo Williams' facebook page someone has referred to him as "Earthquake's son". Even thought he is barely 200lbs. Still he's insulted. I find some satisfaction in that end result.

PostPosted: Tue Mar 18, 2014 5:26 am 
Skull and Bones Flunkie

I still think Daniel Bryan will leave WM as champ but I won't be the least bit surprised if HHH gives himself the belt.

PostPosted: Tue Mar 18, 2014 9:20 am 
Modern Day Nephilim

My guess is hhh screws Bryan for a controversial win, then wins the belt. That would set up Bryan beating hhh for the belt in the main event of the next event.

With punk gone, they have to milk every ounce of the Bryan support that they can muster. Eventually he has to win the belt.

I could also see steph interfering to give Bryan the win over he husband. Why? "Best for business."
And that way, Bryan never really cleanly beats hhh for the title.

PostPosted: Tue Mar 18, 2014 7:01 pm 
Skull and Bones Flunkie

I can see this happening. I'm gonna guarantee Batista and Randy Orton aren't winning.

PostPosted: Wed Mar 19, 2014 9:18 am 
Bilderburger Attendee

First thought was HHH wins and sets up next PPV. But that puts three heels in the main event and I can't see a mega schmoz in the WMXXX main. But weirdness is abound so we'll see.

PostPosted: Wed Mar 19, 2014 12:29 pm 
Site Admin

After all this build, Daniel Bryan has to win at WM. All the HHH twists from this past Monday are just to make it seem like Bryan won't win, but WWE always goes for the simplest storylines for WrestleMania since it is the biggest mainstream audience of the year, so I am extremely skeptical that they would deviate from the 'underdog finally wins the big one' narrative that they've been pushing.

Then you just have Bryan v. Batista at the next PPV and follow that up with HHH finding new guys to constantly try and take the belt off of Bryan, ala the early days of Vince v. Austin or Hogan v. Heenan. It's all there is the basic playbook for how to build a top guy. Whether WWE follows through with it is another story. They could fuck up and keep making Bryan the 'little guy champion' like they did to Rey Mysterio, but I'm hopeful that they don't / won't.

Plus, HHH v. Batista v. Orton, while an intriguing match-up to me, would get insanely booed out of the building at WM, because everyone wants Bryan to win the match. I don't think they want that kind of bad karma on their hands, especially since it seems pretty likely that there will be a shitload of snafus with the live stream of WM on the network and they'll need all the good karma to offset that. If Bryan got screwed and the live stream crashed all night, a healthy amount of fans might be pissed off enough to walk away from the product for a while, which is the last thing WWE wants. If Bryan wins, but the live stream has problems, people might be more forgiving, since they got the result they wanted and can still watch WM later that night or the next day on demand.

PostPosted: Thu Mar 27, 2014 1:22 am 
Modern Day Nephilim

Jim Ross wrote sort of a recap/oral history of wrestlemania for fox sports.com. Lots of quotes from the participants. A trip down memory lane for those who have been watching since the very first one.

First of 3 parts was just posted.

PostPosted: Sat Apr 05, 2014 9:15 pm 
Skull and Bones Flunkie

Is it just me or does Mick Foley kinda look like Charles Manson? :P

PostPosted: Sun Apr 06, 2014 1:36 am 
Site Admin

HoF stream was flawless for me on PS3. Let's hope that bodes well for tomorrow.

PostPosted: Sun Apr 06, 2014 7:48 am 
Skull and Bones Flunkie

Not I, it would have good spurts then it would have moments where it was very choppy. Luckily I'm going to a friends house where they buy the ppv. Unfortunately that's just more money for Vince.