The United States of Esoterica

Official forum of binnallofamerica.com
It is currently Sun Oct 21, 2018 11:51 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Re: WrestleMania XXX
PostPosted: Sun Apr 06, 2014 7:49 am 
Modern Day Nephilim

I had one glitch at 11:30. Like it switched shows because it ran long...

What a trainwreck the HOF was....

Jake the Snake was good, except part of me is cynical enough to think part of what he said is for making the documentary powerful.

PostPosted: Sun Apr 06, 2014 7:51 am 
Skull and Bones Flunkie

I agree on the trainwreck. Especially that very awkward Mr. T, Kane encounter. I mean goddamn Mr. T loves his momma. :)

PostPosted: Sun Apr 06, 2014 10:29 am 
Site Admin

Mr.T's speech was atrocious. Lita's was fucking terrible too and way too long. She put a damper on the whole night because after her speech everything was running long.

The best speech was Jake Roberts'. Just insanely captivating stuff.

Warrior was pretty great and far less insane than I expected. And Kane's speech about Paul Bearer was pretty heartwarming.

Overall a fun show.

I'm hearing that even The Rock is in New Orleans today. So I expect some epic moment tonight where we see Rock, Austin, Hogan, Warrior, Flair, etc. all together at last in the same ring.

"An artist has got to be constantly in a state of becoming." -- Bob Dylan

PostPosted: Sun Apr 06, 2014 1:30 pm 
Modern Day Nephilim

binnall wrote:
Mr.T's speech was atrocious. Lita's was fucking terrible too and way too long. She put a damper on the whole night because after her speech everything was running long.

The best speech was Jake Roberts'. Just insanely captivating stuff.

Warrior was pretty great and far less insane than I expected. And Kane's speech about Paul Bearer was pretty heartwarming.

Overall a fun show.

I'm hearing that even The Rock is in New Orleans today. So I expect some epic moment tonight where we see Rock, Austin, Hogan, Warrior, Flair, etc. all together at last in the same ring.

That would be cool.

PostPosted: Sun Apr 06, 2014 1:58 pm 
Skull and Bones Flunkie

Not sure what to make of this but CM Punk has been spotted in New Orleans. Maybe he's just there for AJ?

PostPosted: Sun Apr 06, 2014 3:40 pm 
C2C 1st Hour Pop-In Guest

O.M.F.G. !!!

Just signed up for the WWE Network and got the app downloaded for the X-Box. After a few minutes of angst we are watching the pre-show pre-show so we don't miss anything.

The son is excited and I am greatly relieved to finally have this in place.

Enjoyed the Good Parade which is what motivated me to go ahead and sign up with WWE.

Woo-hoo! Bring it on!!

Miriam.

PostPosted: Sun Apr 06, 2014 6:02 pm 
Site Admin

Got bacon-wrapped scallops, seven layer dip, two types of chicken wings, and an unhealthy amount of alcohol. It's time for WrestleMania !!

PostPosted: Sun Apr 06, 2014 6:23 pm 
Skull and Bones Flunkie

Ok here are my predictions:

Usos
The Shield
Rusev
Naomi
Wyatt
Undertaker
Daniel Bryan x2

PostPosted: Sun Apr 06, 2014 11:20 pm 
Site Admin

Well you were wrong about the Undertaker. We all were. I am stunned. It was probably a bad move to give the streak breaking to Brock, but I'm willing to bet that it was 'Taker's decision and that WWE probably also disagreed with it, but really couldn't disallow it. Wonder if that was 'Taker's last match?

Good to great show, altogether. Would have liked a bit more nostalgia and legends, but it seems like a ton of them were confined to the preshow. More thoughts later after I decompress.

Favorite match: Stunningly had to be the Battle Royal. Awesome, unexpected finish. Obviously, the Bryan matches were fantastic. Surprised by the Cena finish and the rest was pretty paint-by-numbers for WM. Sad to see no sign of Sting. And the 'Taker match was pretty atrocious and the first time I can recall saying that it was probably time to end the streak 'gimmick,' not necessarily the streak itself.

Also, my stream was about 90% quality. It skipped every so often, but never enough to make me reach for the controller to try and fix things and then it always went back to being fine. If anything, it would 'roll back' like someone his the fast-backward button to five or ten seconds. Usually, I didn't mind it, because it was a crazy move when it did that. All things considered, I'd say it was a great success as far as streaming goes, but I've just begun digging into the post-show coverage, so it may very well have been disastrous for the rest of the world.

PostPosted: Sun Apr 06, 2014 11:53 pm 
Site Admin

Oh yeah ... and this:

PostPosted: Sun Apr 06, 2014 11:56 pm 
Skull and Bones Flunkie

Im more shocked they had Brock end the streak than the streak ending. I wouldn't be the least bit surprised if he came out at Raw tomorrow and retired. It was a very lackluster match, the crowd didn't even seem to dig it. The opening segment was great. Hogan saying Silverdome and then Stone Cold and The Rock giving him shit for it was funny. I was surprised not to see more legends also. My favorite match also had to be the battle royal probably. Cesaro made picking up Big Show look easy, I would've loved to see the swing on Show also. Not sure why they had Cena win but I'm willing to wait to see where it goes tomorrow. Both Bryan matches were great also. But the divas match...Well it was the divas match haha. Overall not too bad of a show.

PostPosted: Mon Apr 07, 2014 12:01 am 
Site Admin

I think 'Taker realized he was done and decided to end it this year.

No matter what, I'm sure we'll find out more soon, lol.

PostPosted: Mon Apr 07, 2014 12:04 am 
Skull and Bones Flunkie

The look on those peoples faces were priceless tho. :x :cry: :( :shock:

PostPosted: Tue Apr 08, 2014 1:26 pm 
Low Initiate Freemason

Maybe Brock wasn't supposed to win.
http://www.wwe.com/shows/wrestlemania/30/the-undertaker-suffers-injury-26222677

PostPosted: Tue Apr 08, 2014 9:05 pm 
Modern Day Nephilim

I' m sure there are plans for when something like that happens. If he wasn't meant to lose, they would have rushed the ring or had some way to not have a decision.