The United States of Esoterica

Official forum of binnallofamerica.com
It is currently Mon Oct 14, 2019 11:19 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Re: '09 NFL Discussion
PostPosted: Sun Dec 20, 2009 3:07 pm 
Oil Industry Executive

redsonsuperman wrote:
how do you play so badly for three quarters and then play so well in the final quarter? saints blew it.

I have no idea what the hell they were doing out there. If they played for the entire game like they played the last ten minutes, they would've won by forty points. They got beat by a very, very mediocre Dallas Cowboys team. I'd rather them lose now than in the playoffs, but it's still very unsettling. The last three weeks they've looked like last years team (all pass, no run, swiss cheese defense). I'll chalk some of it up to being tired and mounting injuries, but they need to refocus for the post-season. The perfect season is out the window, but the goal is still a Super Bowl. If they want to make that happen, they need to get it together.

PostPosted: Sun Dec 20, 2009 5:23 pm 
Modern Day Nephilim

Orpheus wrote:
redsonsuperman wrote:
how do you play so badly for three quarters and then play so well in the final quarter? saints blew it.

I have no idea what the hell they were doing out there. If they played for the entire game like they played the last ten minutes, they would've won by forty points. They got beat by a very, very mediocre Dallas Cowboys team. I'd rather them lose now than in the playoffs, but it's still very unsettling. The last three weeks they've looked like last years team (all pass, no run, swiss cheese defense). I'll chalk some of it up to being tired and mounting injuries, but they need to refocus for the post-season. The perfect season is out the window, but the goal is still a Super Bowl. If they want to make that happen, they need to get it together.

Hey, the Steelers have been doing what the Saints just did for weeks. It's mind-boggling how bad the Steelers have been, when they have enough talent to at least get back to the AFC championship

PostPosted: Sun Dec 20, 2009 6:05 pm 
Site Admin

Orpheus wrote:
Fuck the Dallas Cowboys.

Sorry to hear about the Saints' loss, Orpheus.

Trust me, though, it may be for the best. There is nothing more soul crushing than having your team go 18-0 and then lose in the Super Bowl (on a crazy fluke catch, no less). The Pats have never quite recovered from that debacle and that season still haunts the New England area.

"An artist has got to be constantly in a state of becoming." -- Bob Dylan

PostPosted: Sun Dec 20, 2009 6:20 pm 
Member of Trilateral Commission

Quote:
Hey, the Steelers have been doing what the Saints just did for weeks. It's mind-boggling how bad the Steelers have been, when they have enough talent to at least get back to the AFC championship

Losing Polamalu has hurt the defense worse than expected and a lot of the key players such as Farrior and Woodley are on the downward slope of their career.

There's also a lot of stuff going on in the locker room...basically those who support Roesthelisberger and those who don't. A lot of infighting that's starting to become public.

Overall it comes down to underachieving and lack of preparation.

PostPosted: Sun Dec 20, 2009 7:45 pm 
Modern Day Nephilim

jboston wrote:

There's also a lot of stuff going on in the locker room...basically those who support Roesthelisberger and those who don't. A lot of infighting that's starting to become public.

Overall it comes down to underachieving and lack of preparation.

I support Hines Ward.

PostPosted: Sun Dec 20, 2009 9:40 pm 

Quote:
I support Hines Ward.

Big Ben has a reputation for being a prick. Although I've actually seen Hines being a prick so...

PostPosted: Mon Dec 21, 2009 2:08 am 
Site Admin

Crazy win today for the Steelers. I think I shat myself.

"An artist has got to be constantly in a state of becoming." -- Bob Dylan

PostPosted: Mon Dec 21, 2009 7:49 am 

Quote:
Crazy win today for the Steelers. I think I shat myself.

Ben Roesthelisberger continues to amaze me. When he first came into the league I thought he was overrated but now I'd put him in the Hall of Fame. The guy is unconscious in clutch situations. Nothing rattles him.

PostPosted: Mon Dec 21, 2009 11:19 am 
Modern Day Nephilim

jboston wrote:
Ben Roesthelisberger continues to amaze me. When he first came into the league I thought he was overrated but now I'd put him in the Hall of Fame. The guy is unconscious in clutch situations. Nothing rattles him.

I don't care how they do the rest of the year, yesterday was like an early Christmas present.

1st, they beat the Packers (the equivalent of the Yankees to anyone from the D)

2nd, Big Ben put up 500 :!: :!: :!: yards passing

3rd: Mike Wallace continues to blossom. (He's the perfect example of why my 1A team, the Lions, will always suck, and why my 1B team, the Steelers, will always be great. The Lions took Derrick Williams with the 82nd overall pick, and he has 6 catches on a team devoid of talent other than Calvin Johnson. THe Steelers took Wallace two picks after Williams, and he has 32 catches for 557 yards and 4 TDs on team overloaded with receiving talent.

4. Heath Miller had a career-high 118 yards receiving, including that 20-yard sideline catch on 3rd-and-15 to set up the winning touchdown.
AND surpassed Eric Green for club record for receptions in a season by a tight end.

8) 8) 8)

PostPosted: Tue Dec 22, 2009 3:34 pm 
Oil Industry Executive

Looks like Minnesota is imploding in the locker room. Now it's being reported that Childress's attempt to bench Favre wasn't the first, and that after the game "Chilly" laid into the team and cursed out Favre, who then took the story of the attempted benching to the media, which further pissed CHildress off.

Oops!

PostPosted: Tue Dec 22, 2009 4:43 pm 

Quote:
Looks like Minnesota is imploding in the locker room. Now it's being reported that Childress's attempt to bench Favre wasn't the first, and that after the game "Chilly" laid into the team and cursed out Favre, who then took the story of the attempted benching to the media, which further pissed CHildress off.

Oops!

I used to be a big fan of Brett Favre but now he's showing his true colors. He said he wanted to play for Minnesota because he liked their offensive philosophy...Bullshit!!! He wanted to beat Green Bay who he held hostage for years by constantly threatening to retire, then not retiring, over and over again in essence holding the Packers in a situation where they couldn't seriously build an offense for the future. Towards the end of his time in Green Bay many fans were WANTING him to retire. They realized what was happening and where the team was headed.

In New York he alienated his teammates by "giving up" with a few games left in the regular season when he saw that they weren't serious Super Bowl contenders.

Now in Minnesota Favre is once again showing how self-absorbed he really is. Showing that amount of disrespect towards the head coach is unbelievable. You don't refuse to be benched. I don't care who the QB is. Even if Brett had a point you can't throw Childress under the bus like that. It's going to do three things: 1.) Brad Childress is going to lose the respect of the players and the organization. 2.) Brett is going to divide the locker room. 3.) It will further tarnish Favre's image.

I truly believe that he thinks that he is "1997 Brett". He may "love" the game but the bigger issue is that he can't let go of the spotlight. He used to be one of the greats, now he is going the route of Michael Jordan. His ego won't allow him to move on. It's actually more sad than anything.

And don't even get me started on the way Brett is worshiped by the media.

PostPosted: Sun Jan 03, 2010 8:43 pm 
Modern Day Nephilim

pat white knocked out. :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen:

PostPosted: Mon Jan 04, 2010 12:32 am 

Quote:
pat white knocked out.

You knew it was bad when the first thing James Farrior did was jump up and call for the medical team.