The United States of Esoterica

Official forum of binnallofamerica.com
It is currently Fri May 25, 2018 1:21 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 187 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 13  Next
PostPosted: Thu Nov 05, 2009 11:28 am 
Site Admin

I expect big moves from Boston, the Cubs, the Mets, Toronto, the Dodgers, and the White Sox.

Overall, it is a pretty lousy class of free agents. Top names include: Matt Holliday (LF), Jason Bay (LF), John Lachey (SP), Hideki Matsui (DH / RF), Johnny Damon (LF), Vlad Guerrero (DH / RF), Chone Figgins (3B), Bobby Abreu (RF), and that's about it.

Complete list of free agents here: http://www.mlbtraderumors.com/2008/12/2010-mlb-free-a.html

Josh Beckett, Carl Crawford, Cliff Lee, Brandon Webb, and Victor Martinez all have club options that I expect will be picked up by their respective teams. Manny Ramirez has a player option, so who knows if he takes that or not, he's crazy.

Boston is already in talks w. Beckett & Bay about a contract extension & re-signing, respectively. That said, I wouldn't be surprised to see Bay end up in NY, unfortunately.

"An artist has got to be constantly in a state of becoming." -- Bob Dylan

PostPosted: Thu Nov 05, 2009 12:56 pm 
Shadow Person

binnall wrote:
I expect big moves from Boston, the Cubs, the Mets, Toronto, the Dodgers, and the White Sox

Even though the Yankees won,they need more starting pitching !!!! Lachey !!!!!!!!!

PostPosted: Thu Nov 05, 2009 1:56 pm 
Modern Day Nephilim

MYSTERYMAN wrote:
Even though the Yankees won,they need more starting pitching !!!! Lachey !!!!!!!!!

That's like saying they needed more tanks at Tiananmen Square.

You probably wish the Enola Gay had one more "Little Boy" to drop on Hiroshima too.

PostPosted: Thu Nov 05, 2009 2:16 pm 
Site Admin

MYSTERYMAN wrote:

I told you, MM, Lachey is 8-shades of awful. He puts in a good performance now and again, but he is due for a complete meltdown and he couldn't handle the pressure of NY. So, it's probably best, for everyone, if the Spankees sign him.

PostPosted: Thu Nov 05, 2009 6:47 pm 
Shadow Person

binnall wrote:
MYSTERYMAN wrote:

I told you, MM, Lachey is 8-shades of awful. He puts in a good performance now and again, but he is due for a complete meltdown and he couldn't handle the pressure of NY. So, it's probably best, for everyone, if the Spankees sign him.

Sounds like AJ Burnett ! lol. I'll take him !

PostPosted: Thu Nov 05, 2009 7:23 pm 
Friend of the Illuminati

Now that McGwire is officialy the hitting coach at St. Louis, I expect to see Holliday re-sign with them. He was a big reason he decided to go there when he did by telling him what a great organization it is and how great the fans are.

PostPosted: Thu Nov 05, 2009 7:34 pm 
Shadow Person

redsonsuperman wrote:
MYSTERYMAN wrote:

That's like saying they needed more tanks at Tiananmen Square.

You probably wish the Enola Gay had one more "Little Boy" to drop on Hiroshima too.

I thought you're Tigers were gonna beat my Yankees ? Wha hoppened ?

PostPosted: Thu Nov 05, 2009 8:18 pm 
Site Admin

Take Bobby Abreu off the table. Angels have already re-signed him for 2 years.

PostPosted: Thu Nov 05, 2009 8:36 pm 
Shadow Person

binnall wrote:
Take Bobby Abreu off the table. Angels have already re-signed him for 2 years.

He laid an egg vs the Yankees !!! lol.

PostPosted: Fri Nov 06, 2009 3:21 pm 
Site Admin

Phillies have exercised their option on Cliff Lee and are rumoured to be talking extension. Given the shitty performance of Cole Hamels, that's a good idea.

PostPosted: Sat Nov 07, 2009 8:54 am 
Shadow Person

Primus wrote:
Now that McGwire is officialy the hitting coach at St. Louis, I expect to see Holliday re-sign with them. He was a big reason he decided to go there when he did by telling him what a great organization it is and how great the fans are.

If the Yankees want him,he'll probably run to them !!! lol.

PostPosted: Sat Nov 07, 2009 12:54 pm 
Site Admin

Diamondbacks exercised their option on Brandon Webb, so he is staying in Arizona.

Manny exercised his option, so he is staying in LA.

Surprisingly, the White Sox bought out Jermaine Dye's option so he is now a free agent.

PostPosted: Sat Nov 07, 2009 1:50 pm 
Shadow Person

The Yankees are eyeing Matt Holliday !!! Hate to see Matsui go !!!

PostPosted: Sat Nov 07, 2009 4:15 pm 
Site Admin

I heard that NY probably won't go after Lachey because they expect Wang to be back to full force next year and that is almost the same as a big free agent signing.

If Wang is as good as he was 2 years ago, I agree w. that. He's better than anyone on the free agent market.

PostPosted: Sat Nov 07, 2009 4:51 pm 
Shadow Person

binnall wrote:
I heard that NY probably won't go after Lachey because they expect Wang to be back to full force next year and that is almost the same as a big free agent signing.

If Wang is as good as he was 2 years ago, I agree w. that. He's better than anyone on the free agent market.

Thinking Wang is gonna be What he used to be is a mistake !!!!!! Not going for Lachey is a bigger mistake !!!! Joba isn't a starter and Hughes hasn't proven it either !!!! If they don't get Lachey,I think they will end up having to trade for a starter mid-season ! I hear the Yankees are concerned about getting their payroll down ???? Ha ha ,that's a joke !!!!!! Just win baby !!!!!!!!
The best way to ensure that, is to grab up ever damn player worth his salt !!!!! Pitching wins !!!! Grab him !!!! I can hear all the Yankee haters gasp in horror !!!! Ohhhhhh !!!!!!!

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 187 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 13  Next