The United States of Esoterica

Official forum of binnallofamerica.com
It is currently Sun May 20, 2018 9:48 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 187 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13  Next
PostPosted: Tue Jan 12, 2010 12:46 am 
Modern Day Nephilim

Or he'll have difficulty controlling his rocket arm and will walk a ton of batters in between the strikeouts and long balls he gives up.

he's playing for the reds, which means he's going to be a buster.

PostPosted: Tue Jan 12, 2010 1:02 pm 
Site Admin

Primus wrote:
I'm still reeling from the Cards signing Holiday for what they did. They NEVER spend that kind of money. I guess they were being honest with Pujols when they said they would do their best to field a team that can win. According to him, that's more important than the amount of a contract for him. (Can you imagine what baseball would be like if more players were that way)

Are you concerned at all about the Cardinals being able to re-sign Pujols?

I'm sure he is going to want $30 million per year (at least that is the rumour).

With two massive contracts (Pujols & Holliday), will the Cards be able to field a decent team around them with less money?

"An artist has got to be constantly in a state of becoming." -- Bob Dylan

PostPosted: Thu Jan 14, 2010 12:48 am 
Shadow Person

:roll: This is bull-shit !!!! The Yankees won't talk contract with manager Girardi till the end of the 2010 season !!!! :shock: I WASN'T A GREAT FAN OF THE WAY GIRARDI MANAGED THE PLAY-OFFS,BUT HE DESERVES AN EXTENSION !!!!!!!!!! HE WON !!!!!! :roll: Give the guy his reward already !!! :x
You aren't gonna let him walk at the end of the year !!!! :lol: :roll:
For the full story and a good article on McGwire with GOT JUICE photo half way down the page ; :lol:

http://www.lennysyankees.com/

PostPosted: Thu Jan 14, 2010 3:06 pm 
Site Admin

For some reason, I hate Joe Girardi, not sure why, he just looks too sullen for me.

Some minor Hot Stove news ...

Tigers retain Joel Zumaya for another year ... good move

Braves are going after Johnny Damon

More of the same from the lowly Pittsburgh Pirates: "Pittsburgh's signing of Ryan Church could pay huge dividends for the club, says ESPN's Rob Neyer. If Church is healthy and generates interest from other clubs, the Pirates will be able to move him for a more valuable commodity."

PostPosted: Thu Jan 14, 2010 3:59 pm 
Shadow Person

binnall wrote:
For some reason, I hate Joe Girardi, not sure why, he just looks too sullen for me.

Some minor Hot Stove news ...

Tigers retain Joel Zumaya for another year ... good move

Braves are going after Johnny Damon

More of the same from the lowly Pittsburgh Pirates: "Pittsburgh's signing of Ryan Church could pay huge dividends for the club, says ESPN's Rob Neyer. If Church is healthy and generates interest from other clubs, the Pirates will be able to move him for a more valuable commodity."

:shock: Surprising that you hate Girardi as a Sox fan ! :P He led the YANKS to the championship !!!!!!!!!!!!!! :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: 8)
In all honesty though,I WASN'T SURE THEY WOULD MAKE IT ,THE WAY HE WAS MANAGING :!: :roll: :shock: :lol: :lol: :lol:

PostPosted: Thu Jan 14, 2010 7:16 pm 
Friend of the Illuminati

binnall wrote:
Primus wrote:
I'm still reeling from the Cards signing Holiday for what they did. They NEVER spend that kind of money. I guess they were being honest with Pujols when they said they would do their best to field a team that can win. According to him, that's more important than the amount of a contract for him. (Can you imagine what baseball would be like if more players were that way)

Are you concerned at all about the Cardinals being able to re-sign Pujols?

I'm sure he is going to want $30 million per year (at least that is the rumour).

With two massive contracts (Pujols & Holliday), will the Cards be able to field a decent team around them with less money?

I'm sure they'll do whatever they can to resign him. As for fielding a competitive team that might make for some interesting contract negotiations with other players, but I have a feeling after this season LaRussa will be gone and Jose Oquendo will take over as manager freeing up a few million a year that way.

PostPosted: Mon Jan 25, 2010 5:56 pm 
Site Admin

Minor Hot Stove News of the past week as we get closer to Spring Training (thank God) ...

Felix Hernandez re-signs with Mariners for 5 yrs / 78 million ... great move for Seattle, they are killing this off-season

Red Sox re-sign Papelbon to 1 year deal for about 10 million ... Pap is as good as gone once he is a free agent, IMO

Angels sign Joel Piniero ... meh

Orioles sign Miguel Tejada ... they are the A's of the East Coast

Mets get Gary Matthews Jr. from Angels in trade for scraps ... quite a downturn for Matthews, he was a big free agent a few years ago

Kansas City Royals sign Rick Ankiel ... this is the year, baby !

Colorado Rockies sign Jason Giambi ... meh

PostPosted: Mon Jan 25, 2010 9:39 pm 
Shadow Person

binnall wrote:
Minor Hot Stove News of the past week as we get closer to Spring Training (thank God) ...

Felix Hernandez re-signs with Mariners for 5 yrs / 78 million ... great move for Seattle, they are killing this off-season

Red Sox re-sign Papelbon to 1 year deal for about 10 million ... Pap is as good as gone once he is a free agent, IMO

Angels sign Joel Piniero ... meh

Orioles sign Miguel Tejada ... they are the A's of the East Coast

Mets get Gary Matthews Jr. from Angels in trade for scraps ... quite a downturn for Matthews, he was a big free agent a few years ago

Kansas City Royals sign Rick Ankiel ... this is the year, baby !

Colorado Rockies sign Jason Giambi ... meh

Have you heard anything about Damon lately ?

PostPosted: Mon Jan 25, 2010 9:44 pm 
Site Admin

Heard that the Yankees offered a 1 year deal and that the A's are also interested.

PostPosted: Wed Jan 27, 2010 2:15 pm 
Site Admin

A's sign Ben Sheets

Twins sign Jim Thome

Padres sign John Garland

Yankees say Damon is too expensive for them (ha ha, that's hilarious) Rumour has it that the A's are still interested and that Boras is trying to get Damon a deal w. Detroit or Cinncinnatti.

Also, minor drama in the Red Sox nation over my man Tim Wakefield's role next season. Rumours are circulating that he may be the odd man out of the 5 man rotation, which is fucking ridiculous.

Here's Wake's take:

Quote:
"I did make the All-Star team last year," Wakefield told the Herald. "It seems every year, and I don't know why, my name gets brought up like this when I don't feel I need to prove myself every day. I don't know where the rumors are coming from, but I try not to pay attention. I know my role and I know what my approach is going to be when I get to spring training: be a starter and help us win the World Series.

"Hopefully they respect me enough to give me the ball when we get to spring training as a member of this rotation. I think I've earned the right to be a full-time starter and go from there."

I agree 100% with this. When you consider that Dice-K is a fucking flake and totally unreliable, that Buchholz isn't really consistent enough, and that starting Wakefield in game 1 of a three game series helps disorient the other team for the following two games, it's clear that Wakefield should be a starter. Of course, I am biased.

PostPosted: Wed Jan 27, 2010 3:30 pm 
Shadow Person

:wink: The Yankees are playing poker with Damon . Let's see who blinks first !!!!! :lol:

PostPosted: Wed Jan 27, 2010 4:36 pm 
Site Admin

Breaking News: Yankees sign outfielder Randy Winn. Buster Olney just said on ESPN that this effectively ends Damon's chances of coming back to NY.

Winn hit .262 with 2 HRs and 51 RBIs with the Giants last year. In other words, he stinks.

PostPosted: Wed Jan 27, 2010 5:28 pm 
Shadow Person

binnall wrote:
Breaking News: Yankees sign outfielder Randy Winn. Buster Olney just said on ESPN that this effectively ends Damon's chances of coming back to NY.

Winn hit .262 with 2 HRs and 51 RBIs with the Giants last year. In other words, he stinks.

:evil: Damon's an idiot !!!! :P Let him go play on some loser. :idea: If the Yanks need a hitter,they'll go get one by the break . :D
One thing to remember with the Yankees hitting for 2010. Jesus Montero is gonna be a star hitter !!!!!! He will be up by mid-season .

PostPosted: Fri Jan 29, 2010 10:37 pm 
Shadow Person

MYSTERYMAN wrote:
binnall wrote:

:evil: Damon's an idiot !!!! :P Let him go play on some loser. :idea: If the Yanks need a hitter,they'll go get one by the break . :D
One thing to remember with the Yankees hitting for 2010. Jesus Montero is gonna be a star hitter !!!!!! He will be up by mid-season .

http://www.lennysyankees.com/

:roll: DAMON IS AN IDIOT :P

DAMON INTERVIEW :roll:
http://www.wfan.com/topic/play_window.p ... Id=4351637

PostPosted: Sun Feb 14, 2010 5:04 am 
Site Admin

Looks like Johnny Damon may end up with the Tigers or White Sox.

I hope it is the Tigers, RSS's team could use a little boost.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 187 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13  Next