The United States of Esoterica

Official forum of binnallofamerica.com
It is currently Sat Feb 24, 2018 2:09 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 187 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 9, 10, 11, 12, 13  Next
PostPosted: Sun Feb 14, 2010 11:16 am 
Modern Day Nephilim

MYSTERYMAN wrote:
:wink: The Yankees are playing poker with Damon . Let's see who blinks first !!!!! :lol:

Looks like the Yankees blinked. They went out and got an absolute bum. :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen:

PostPosted: Sun Feb 14, 2010 4:35 pm 
Site Admin

redsonsuperman wrote:
MYSTERYMAN wrote:
:wink: The Yankees are playing poker with Damon . Let's see who blinks first !!!!! :lol:

Looks like the Yankees blinked. They went out and got an absolute bum. :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen:

lol, you are setting yourself up for a multiple exclamation point / emoticon rant from the Notorious MM.

"An artist has got to be constantly in a state of becoming." -- Bob Dylan

PostPosted: Sun Feb 14, 2010 5:53 pm 
Shadow Person

binnall wrote:
redsonsuperman wrote:
MYSTERYMAN wrote:

lol, you are setting yourself up for a multiple exclamation point / emoticon rant from the Notorious MM.

:roll: I think they are both idiots........Cashman.........and Damon !!!! Damon,for listening to the devil......A.K.A. Scott Bor ass.........and Cashman,for not doing a better job in replacing him !!!!!!!!!!He also let Matsui go too !!!!!!!!!!!!! I think he took a job as the Red Sux undercover agent to sabotage the great Yankee Championship team !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :twisted:

PostPosted: Sun Feb 21, 2010 12:12 pm 
Site Admin

It's official: The Tigers signed Johnny Damon yesterday to a one year, $8 million deal.

Congrats, RSS, this is a strong addition to the team. While probably not a complete replacement for Granderson, Damon brings a ton of intangibles to the table and it extremely clutch. The Red Sox made a big mistake in not keeping him in 2005 and, I hope, so did the Yankees this year.

Here's some cool info: "Damon is a .363/.413/.550 hitter in 189 career plate appearances at Comerica Park."

He had 24 home runs last year, but that's probably inflated because the Yankees play at that little league field. So I expect he'll hit about 20 home runs this year. Still, though, intangibles, big time.

PostPosted: Sun Feb 21, 2010 3:08 pm 
Modern Day Nephilim

the D isn't exactly overjoyed about this turn of events.

Damon's agent, Boras, got the Tigers to enter a ghost market and overbid for his services (the White Sox and Braves were only slightly interested, and they weren't offering close to $8 million).

the only good thing is that they only have him one year. it would have been a nightmare scenario had he signed for two years at $14 million or more.

the tigers aren't going to be in a legit contender next season and it sucks that boras got them to agreed to a no-trade clause, so they can't even dump him for a prospect late in the year.

boras 1, tigers 0.

PostPosted: Sun Feb 21, 2010 7:23 pm 
Shadow Person

binnall wrote:
It's official: The Tigers signed Johnny Damon yesterday to a one year, $8 million deal.

Congrats, RSS, this is a strong addition to the team. While probably not a complete replacement for Granderson, Damon brings a ton of intangibles to the table and it extremely clutch. The Red Sox made a big mistake in not keeping him in 2005 and, I hope, so did the Yankees this year.

Here's some cool info: "Damon is a .363/.413/.550 hitter in 189 career plate appearances at Comerica Park."

He had 24 home runs last year, but that's probably inflated because the Yankees play at that little league field. So I expect he'll hit about 20 home runs this year. Still, though, intangibles, big time.

:P Damon is one of the most stupid people I have ever seen !!!!!!!! He was offered ABOUT the same money by the Yankees earlier on !!!!! The BESTorganisation ,and coming off the best team !!!!!a DREAM SITUATION !!!!!! What an ASSHOLE !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :twisted:

PostPosted: Sun Feb 21, 2010 7:46 pm 
Modern Day Nephilim

MYSTERYMAN wrote:
binnall wrote:

:P Damon is one of the most stupid people I have ever seen !!!!!!!! He was offered ABOUT the same money by the Yankees earlier on !!!!! The BESTorganisation ,and coming off the best team !!!!!a DREAM SITUATION !!!!!! What an ASSHOLE !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :twisted:

he was offered 1 year for six million by the yankees. he got 2 million more out of the tigers.

PostPosted: Sun Feb 21, 2010 8:26 pm 
Shadow Person

redsonsuperman wrote:
MYSTERYMAN wrote:
binnall wrote:

he was offered 1 year for six million by the yankees. he got 2 million more out of the tigers.

Look..........Johnny Damon would have made that back in endorsements and post-season money in NY !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! He is an idiot !!!!!!!!

PostPosted: Sun Feb 21, 2010 8:38 pm 
Site Admin

lol, I love how MM changes the story from "NY offered as much money" to "he could have made up the difference."

How does that Spankee Kool-Aid taste, MM ? lol

Baseball season is right around the corner, prepare for the trash talk, my friend.

PostPosted: Sun Feb 21, 2010 8:51 pm 
Shadow Person

binnall wrote:
lol, I love how MM changes the story from "NY offered as much money" to "he could have made up the difference."

How does that Spankee Kool-Aid taste, MM ? lol

Baseball season is right around the corner, prepare for the trash talk, my friend.

That guy made so much money in his career ,that 2 mil shouldn't be the difference between playing on a winner(Yankees) and playing on a loser (Tigers)!
:lol: He will regret it !!!!!!!!!!!!!! Unfortunately,the Yankees and WE the fans may suffer for it !!!!!!!!! :cry:

PostPosted: Sun Feb 21, 2010 11:24 pm 
Site Admin

Anytime the Yankees and their fans suffer, it is a good thing.

I think you will revise your opinion of Damon as the season get underway, RSS. Yes, he's a bit of a rental player, but he's a strong addition that you'll be happy to have at some point in the season.

PostPosted: Mon Feb 22, 2010 2:55 pm 
Shadow Person

:lol: Yankees are signing Chan Ho Park to a 1 yr deal . Look out Yankee haters :!:

PostPosted: Mon Feb 22, 2010 4:40 pm 
Site Admin

lol, CHP looks decent. Nice pick-up by the Yankees.

It's usually middle relief that makes or breaks an inordinate number of games in the season, so this is a good signing, I won't rip on the Spankees for this one.

PostPosted: Thu Mar 11, 2010 2:27 pm 
Site Admin

Figured we'd just keep cooking in this thread till the season starts @ the end of the month.

Red Sox rumoured to be very close to signing a contract extension w. Josh Beckett.

My boy, Tim Wakefield, pitched 3 shut out innings the other day. Still fighting for a spot in the rotation and looking bad ass in the process.

Also, a picture that may make MM cry ... Yankee Stadium destroyed:

PostPosted: Thu Mar 11, 2010 3:28 pm 
Shadow Person

binnall wrote:
Figured we'd just keep cooking in this thread till the season starts @ the end of the month.

Red Sox rumoured to be very close to signing a contract extension w. Josh Beckett.

My boy, Tim Wakefield, pitched 3 shut out innings the other day. Still fighting for a spot in the rotation and looking bad ass in the process.

Also, a picture that may make MM cry ... Yankee Stadium destroyed:

:cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry:

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 187 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 9, 10, 11, 12, 13  Next