The United States of Esoterica

Official forum of binnallofamerica.com
It is currently Sat Feb 24, 2018 2:09 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]




Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 187 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 9, 10, 11, 12, 13  Next
Author Message
PostPosted: Sun Feb 14, 2010 11:16 am 
Offline
Modern Day Nephilim

Joined: Sat Jan 19, 2008 11:52 am
Posts: 3423
Location: the D
MYSTERYMAN wrote:
:wink: The Yankees are playing poker with Damon . Let's see who blinks first !!!!! :lol:



Looks like the Yankees blinked. They went out and got an absolute bum. :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen:

_________________
"I didn't need to learn what I learned today." -- Jesse Ventura.
"There is but one special interest that we should be working for, and that would solve just about all of our problems, and that is our liberty. " - Ron Paul.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Sun Feb 14, 2010 4:35 pm 
Offline
Site Admin
User avatar

Joined: Mon Mar 21, 2005 8:06 pm
Posts: 15949
Location: Boston
redsonsuperman wrote:
MYSTERYMAN wrote:
:wink: The Yankees are playing poker with Damon . Let's see who blinks first !!!!! :lol:



Looks like the Yankees blinked. They went out and got an absolute bum. :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen:


lol, you are setting yourself up for a multiple exclamation point / emoticon rant from the Notorious MM.

_________________
"Give a lunatic a keyboard and a modem and that's what happens." -- Jeff Rense, 2.25.5

"An artist has got to be constantly in a state of becoming." -- Bob Dylan


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Sun Feb 14, 2010 5:53 pm 
Offline
Shadow Person

Joined: Sat Apr 04, 2009 5:28 pm
Posts: 1490
binnall wrote:
redsonsuperman wrote:
MYSTERYMAN wrote:
:wink: The Yankees are playing poker with Damon . Let's see who blinks first !!!!! :lol:



Looks like the Yankees blinked. They went out and got an absolute bum. :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen:


lol, you are setting yourself up for a multiple exclamation point / emoticon rant from the Notorious MM.


:roll: I think they are both idiots........Cashman.........and Damon !!!! Damon,for listening to the devil......A.K.A. Scott Bor ass.........and Cashman,for not doing a better job in replacing him !!!!!!!!!!He also let Matsui go too !!!!!!!!!!!!! I think he took a job as the Red Sux undercover agent to sabotage the great Yankee Championship team !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :twisted:


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Sun Feb 21, 2010 12:12 pm 
Offline
Site Admin
User avatar

Joined: Mon Mar 21, 2005 8:06 pm
Posts: 15949
Location: Boston
It's official: The Tigers signed Johnny Damon yesterday to a one year, $8 million deal.

Congrats, RSS, this is a strong addition to the team. While probably not a complete replacement for Granderson, Damon brings a ton of intangibles to the table and it extremely clutch. The Red Sox made a big mistake in not keeping him in 2005 and, I hope, so did the Yankees this year.

Here's some cool info: "Damon is a .363/.413/.550 hitter in 189 career plate appearances at Comerica Park."

He had 24 home runs last year, but that's probably inflated because the Yankees play at that little league field. So I expect he'll hit about 20 home runs this year. Still, though, intangibles, big time.

_________________
"Give a lunatic a keyboard and a modem and that's what happens." -- Jeff Rense, 2.25.5

"An artist has got to be constantly in a state of becoming." -- Bob Dylan


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Sun Feb 21, 2010 3:08 pm 
Offline
Modern Day Nephilim

Joined: Sat Jan 19, 2008 11:52 am
Posts: 3423
Location: the D
the D isn't exactly overjoyed about this turn of events.

Damon's agent, Boras, got the Tigers to enter a ghost market and overbid for his services (the White Sox and Braves were only slightly interested, and they weren't offering close to $8 million).


the only good thing is that they only have him one year. it would have been a nightmare scenario had he signed for two years at $14 million or more.


the tigers aren't going to be in a legit contender next season and it sucks that boras got them to agreed to a no-trade clause, so they can't even dump him for a prospect late in the year.


boras 1, tigers 0.

_________________
"I didn't need to learn what I learned today." -- Jesse Ventura.
"There is but one special interest that we should be working for, and that would solve just about all of our problems, and that is our liberty. " - Ron Paul.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Sun Feb 21, 2010 7:23 pm 
Offline
Shadow Person

Joined: Sat Apr 04, 2009 5:28 pm
Posts: 1490
binnall wrote:
It's official: The Tigers signed Johnny Damon yesterday to a one year, $8 million deal.

Congrats, RSS, this is a strong addition to the team. While probably not a complete replacement for Granderson, Damon brings a ton of intangibles to the table and it extremely clutch. The Red Sox made a big mistake in not keeping him in 2005 and, I hope, so did the Yankees this year.

Here's some cool info: "Damon is a .363/.413/.550 hitter in 189 career plate appearances at Comerica Park."

He had 24 home runs last year, but that's probably inflated because the Yankees play at that little league field. So I expect he'll hit about 20 home runs this year. Still, though, intangibles, big time.


:P Damon is one of the most stupid people I have ever seen !!!!!!!! He was offered ABOUT the same money by the Yankees earlier on !!!!! The BESTorganisation ,and coming off the best team !!!!!a DREAM SITUATION !!!!!! What an ASSHOLE !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :twisted:


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Sun Feb 21, 2010 7:46 pm 
Offline
Modern Day Nephilim

Joined: Sat Jan 19, 2008 11:52 am
Posts: 3423
Location: the D
MYSTERYMAN wrote:
binnall wrote:
It's official: The Tigers signed Johnny Damon yesterday to a one year, $8 million deal.

Congrats, RSS, this is a strong addition to the team. While probably not a complete replacement for Granderson, Damon brings a ton of intangibles to the table and it extremely clutch. The Red Sox made a big mistake in not keeping him in 2005 and, I hope, so did the Yankees this year.

Here's some cool info: "Damon is a .363/.413/.550 hitter in 189 career plate appearances at Comerica Park."

He had 24 home runs last year, but that's probably inflated because the Yankees play at that little league field. So I expect he'll hit about 20 home runs this year. Still, though, intangibles, big time.


:P Damon is one of the most stupid people I have ever seen !!!!!!!! He was offered ABOUT the same money by the Yankees earlier on !!!!! The BESTorganisation ,and coming off the best team !!!!!a DREAM SITUATION !!!!!! What an ASSHOLE !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :twisted:


he was offered 1 year for six million by the yankees. he got 2 million more out of the tigers.

_________________
"I didn't need to learn what I learned today." -- Jesse Ventura.
"There is but one special interest that we should be working for, and that would solve just about all of our problems, and that is our liberty. " - Ron Paul.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Sun Feb 21, 2010 8:26 pm 
Offline
Shadow Person

Joined: Sat Apr 04, 2009 5:28 pm
Posts: 1490
redsonsuperman wrote:
MYSTERYMAN wrote:
binnall wrote:
It's official: The Tigers signed Johnny Damon yesterday to a one year, $8 million deal.

Congrats, RSS, this is a strong addition to the team. While probably not a complete replacement for Granderson, Damon brings a ton of intangibles to the table and it extremely clutch. The Red Sox made a big mistake in not keeping him in 2005 and, I hope, so did the Yankees this year.

Here's some cool info: "Damon is a .363/.413/.550 hitter in 189 career plate appearances at Comerica Park."

He had 24 home runs last year, but that's probably inflated because the Yankees play at that little league field. So I expect he'll hit about 20 home runs this year. Still, though, intangibles, big time.


:P Damon is one of the most stupid people I have ever seen !!!!!!!! He was offered ABOUT the same money by the Yankees earlier on !!!!! The BESTorganisation ,and coming off the best team !!!!!a DREAM SITUATION !!!!!! What an ASSHOLE !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :twisted:


he was offered 1 year for six million by the yankees. he got 2 million more out of the tigers.


Look..........Johnny Damon would have made that back in endorsements and post-season money in NY !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! He is an idiot !!!!!!!!


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Sun Feb 21, 2010 8:38 pm 
Offline
Site Admin
User avatar

Joined: Mon Mar 21, 2005 8:06 pm
Posts: 15949
Location: Boston
lol, I love how MM changes the story from "NY offered as much money" to "he could have made up the difference."

How does that Spankee Kool-Aid taste, MM ? lol

Baseball season is right around the corner, prepare for the trash talk, my friend.

_________________
"Give a lunatic a keyboard and a modem and that's what happens." -- Jeff Rense, 2.25.5

"An artist has got to be constantly in a state of becoming." -- Bob Dylan


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Sun Feb 21, 2010 8:51 pm 
Offline
Shadow Person

Joined: Sat Apr 04, 2009 5:28 pm
Posts: 1490
binnall wrote:
lol, I love how MM changes the story from "NY offered as much money" to "he could have made up the difference."

How does that Spankee Kool-Aid taste, MM ? lol

Baseball season is right around the corner, prepare for the trash talk, my friend.


That guy made so much money in his career ,that 2 mil shouldn't be the difference between playing on a winner(Yankees) and playing on a loser (Tigers)!
:lol: He will regret it !!!!!!!!!!!!!! Unfortunately,the Yankees and WE the fans may suffer for it !!!!!!!!! :cry:


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Sun Feb 21, 2010 11:24 pm 
Offline
Site Admin
User avatar

Joined: Mon Mar 21, 2005 8:06 pm
Posts: 15949
Location: Boston
Anytime the Yankees and their fans suffer, it is a good thing.

I think you will revise your opinion of Damon as the season get underway, RSS. Yes, he's a bit of a rental player, but he's a strong addition that you'll be happy to have at some point in the season.

_________________
"Give a lunatic a keyboard and a modem and that's what happens." -- Jeff Rense, 2.25.5

"An artist has got to be constantly in a state of becoming." -- Bob Dylan


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Mon Feb 22, 2010 2:55 pm 
Offline
Shadow Person

Joined: Sat Apr 04, 2009 5:28 pm
Posts: 1490
:lol: Yankees are signing Chan Ho Park to a 1 yr deal . Look out Yankee haters :!:


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Mon Feb 22, 2010 4:40 pm 
Offline
Site Admin
User avatar

Joined: Mon Mar 21, 2005 8:06 pm
Posts: 15949
Location: Boston
lol, CHP looks decent. Nice pick-up by the Yankees.

It's usually middle relief that makes or breaks an inordinate number of games in the season, so this is a good signing, I won't rip on the Spankees for this one.

_________________
"Give a lunatic a keyboard and a modem and that's what happens." -- Jeff Rense, 2.25.5

"An artist has got to be constantly in a state of becoming." -- Bob Dylan


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Thu Mar 11, 2010 2:27 pm 
Offline
Site Admin
User avatar

Joined: Mon Mar 21, 2005 8:06 pm
Posts: 15949
Location: Boston
Figured we'd just keep cooking in this thread till the season starts @ the end of the month.

Red Sox rumoured to be very close to signing a contract extension w. Josh Beckett.

My boy, Tim Wakefield, pitched 3 shut out innings the other day. Still fighting for a spot in the rotation and looking bad ass in the process.

Also, a picture that may make MM cry ... Yankee Stadium destroyed:

Image

_________________
"Give a lunatic a keyboard and a modem and that's what happens." -- Jeff Rense, 2.25.5

"An artist has got to be constantly in a state of becoming." -- Bob Dylan


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Thu Mar 11, 2010 3:28 pm 
Offline
Shadow Person

Joined: Sat Apr 04, 2009 5:28 pm
Posts: 1490
binnall wrote:
Figured we'd just keep cooking in this thread till the season starts @ the end of the month.

Red Sox rumoured to be very close to signing a contract extension w. Josh Beckett.

My boy, Tim Wakefield, pitched 3 shut out innings the other day. Still fighting for a spot in the rotation and looking bad ass in the process.

Also, a picture that may make MM cry ... Yankee Stadium destroyed:

Image


:cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry:


Top
 Profile  
 
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 187 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 9, 10, 11, 12, 13  Next

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot post attachments in this forum

Search for:
Jump to:  
Powered by phpBB® Forum Software © phpBB Group