The United States of Esoterica

Official forum of binnallofamerica.com
It is currently Wed Oct 28, 2020 9:52 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 187 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13  Next
PostPosted: Thu Dec 31, 2009 11:48 pm 
Site Admin

Wow, MM is rather cocky here @ the end of the year.

I'm willing to bet that not only do the Yankees not repeat, they will not even get to the ALCS in 2010.

It is then that we shall see the return of indignant, bitter MM and his disdain for Cashman, et al, will be evident once again.

"An artist has got to be constantly in a state of becoming." -- Bob Dylan

PostPosted: Fri Jan 01, 2010 12:09 am 
Shadow Person

binnall wrote:
Wow, MM is rather cocky here @ the end of the year.

I'm willing to bet that not only do the Yankees not repeat, they will not even get to the ALCS in 2010.

It is then that we shall see the return of indignant, bitter MM and his disdain for Cashman, et al, will be evident once again.

I think they have as good a chance as anyone else but,i don't like losing Matsui and Damon ......that is ,if they don't resign him . Nick (DL) Johnson is a bad bet !!!!!! :roll: Cashman's overall ability to judge talent sucks !!!!!!!
Yeah,he won last year,but,he signed the 3 top free agents :lol: I would put my baseball smarts up against him and beat him most of the time for sure !!!!!! Most of the bad moves he made,I was against !!!!!! To be fair,some were not his,but,he admitted to alot of them !!!
He decided not to sign Papi,Shilling and Ramirez !!!!! :twisted: You Sox's should send him flowers and candy :lol: I would have signed all 3 ,and ONLY GOD KNOWS HOW MANY RINGS THE YANKEES WOULD HAVE ............
3 MORE ,I THINK AND SOX NOTHING !!!!!!????? :lol:Vasquez,Weaver and Brown were his guys ! I wanted to keep Lilly ,and I think he would have beaten your Sox in 2004 !!!!!! They had trouble against him !!!

PostPosted: Fri Jan 01, 2010 1:54 am 
Rense Guest

Ya'll might both be in for a rude surprise when Ichiro-san finally makes a playoff appearance! :wink:

PostPosted: Fri Jan 01, 2010 6:24 am 
Shadow Person

schontafari wrote:
Ya'll might both be in for a rude surprise when Ichiro-san finally makes a playoff appearance! :wink:

:P You hope !!! ? I don't think you really want another piece of the Yankees,do ya ? :lol:

PostPosted: Fri Jan 01, 2010 2:49 pm 
Rense Guest

Hell, I live in reality....which means I'd be VERY, VERY happy to see the Phils win a third straight pennant and play anybody in the World Series again. Especially your spray-tanned pretty boy Yanks. :D

PostPosted: Fri Jan 01, 2010 4:16 pm 
Shadow Person

schontafari wrote:
Hell, I live in reality....which means I'd be VERY, VERY happy to see the Phils win a third straight pennant and play anybody in the World Series again. Especially your spray-tanned pretty boy Yanks. :D

Yankee fans are only happy with a Championship !!!!!!!! :lol: 8)

PostPosted: Fri Jan 01, 2010 4:55 pm 
Modern Day Nephilim

MYSTERYMAN wrote:

Translation: Yankee fans are glad a bumbling former owner is the commissioner for the sport that allows them to have an unfair advantage over almost every other team, thus allowing them to field all-star teams each season while the rest of the league tries to figure out how the eventually trade off their best players and try to make it seem like it is in the best interest of the long-term future of the franchise when in fact it just continues the cycle of distrust for their fan base.

PostPosted: Fri Jan 01, 2010 5:00 pm 
Shadow Person

redsonsuperman wrote:
MYSTERYMAN wrote:

Translation: Yankee fans are glad a bumbling former owner is the commissioner for the sport that allows them to have an unfair advantage over almost every other team, thus allowing them to field all-star teams each season while the rest of the league tries to figure out how the eventually trade off their best players and try to make it seem like it is in the best interest of the long-term future of the franchise when in fact it just continues the cycle of distrust for their fan base.

:shock: Give me a break ...will ya ??? It's not my fault the Tigers traded away your favorite player !!!!!!! HAPPY NEW YEAR !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :lol:

PostPosted: Fri Jan 01, 2010 7:48 pm 
Modern Day Nephilim

MYSTERYMAN wrote:
redsonsuperman wrote:
MYSTERYMAN wrote:

:shock: Give me a break ...will ya ??? It's not my fault the Tigers traded away your favorite player !!!!!!! HAPPY NEW YEAR !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :lol:

This is why you have to love Curtis Granderson.
Asked why he took No.14 with the Yankees, he said: "The Yankees gave me the option to have No. 28 when I came, but [manager] Joe Girardi took [and wore] No. 27 last year to bring them their 27th championship. So his daughter was like, "Well Daddy, you know what that means? That means you gotta be No. 28 next year." So when they told me that, I was like, "If I take No. 28 and we don't win … ." Man, I'm not trying to be that jinx.

PostPosted: Fri Jan 01, 2010 10:07 pm 
Rense Guest

MYSTERYMAN wrote:

I am the new guy here so I am going to bite my tongue and defer to the BoA baseball predictions winner until the actual baseball season starts. I mean....really....with the absurd salary (et. al) the Yanks' fans should only be happy with a championship. Rooting for the Yanks is liking rooting for the ATF when you are watching the Waco compund get burned to the ground. :lol: :lol: :lol:

PostPosted: Sat Jan 02, 2010 1:19 am 
Shadow Person

schontafari wrote:
MYSTERYMAN wrote:

I am the new guy here so I am going to bite my tongue and defer to the BoA baseball predictions winner until the actual baseball season starts. I mean....really....with the absurd salary (et. al) the Yanks' fans should only be happy with a championship. Rooting for the Yanks is liking rooting for the ATF when you are watching the Waco compund get burned to the ground. :lol: :lol: :lol:

8) The Yanks play by the rules . Fans of other teams are jealous and spew their hate at them ! They wish their teams did the same :lol:

PostPosted: Sat Jan 02, 2010 2:01 am 
Oil Industry Executive

MYSTERYMAN wrote:
schontafari wrote:
MYSTERYMAN wrote:

8) The Yanks play by the rules . Fans of other teams are jealous and spew their hate at them ! They wish their teams did the same :lol:

MLB is broken and is benefits the Yankees. If there was even a halfassed attempt at parity in that league, reality would hit them like a ton of bricks. Thankfully for them, they've got a league that doesn't seem interested in actual competition.

PostPosted: Sat Jan 02, 2010 3:35 am 
Shadow Person

They would just adjust to it ! Focus more on their farm system ! :D They would still be great, because that is their tradition and that is what is expected of them ! Players want to play for them ! 8)

PostPosted: Mon Jan 04, 2010 9:58 pm 
Site Admin

Rumour has it that third baseman Adrian Beltre has agreed to a one year deal w. the Red Sox for 9 million.

I think I like this move. It's an improvement over Lowell, that's for sure.

"An artist has got to be constantly in a state of becoming." -- Bob Dylan

PostPosted: Mon Jan 04, 2010 10:14 pm 
Shadow Person

binnall wrote:
Rumour has it that third baseman Adrian Beltre has agreed to a one year deal w. the Red Sox for 9 million.

I think I like this move. It's an improvement over Lowell, that's for sure.

What were his 2009 stats :?:

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 187 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13  Next