The United States of Esoterica

Official forum of binnallofamerica.com
It is currently Sat Nov 28, 2020 6:41 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 187 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 13  Next
PostPosted: Tue Dec 08, 2009 7:34 pm 
Modern Day Nephilim

MYSTERYMAN wrote:
I would like RSS's opinion of how good he is . Is he good,very good,or great ? He doesn't hit lefties,and has a low on -base percentage .
Tim, what do you think of Granderson and the impact he will have on the Yankees ?

Granderson will never equal in NY what he meant to Detroit.
He can't hit lefties.
He strikes out too much to be a leadoff hitter.

You'll win another World Series because of his defense.

Meanwhile, the Tigers have sold their soul by making this deal.
They got rid of a good guy, a guy who actually cared about the community he played in.

They already had a ton of pitching. So what three more arms going to do? They did this to get a bunch of cheap contracts, in hopes that they'll be a good team again in a couple years when they unload the GIGAN-ENORMOUS overpaid contracts of folks like Ordonez and Willis.

PostPosted: Tue Dec 08, 2009 8:19 pm 
Shadow Person

Is he a great player or potentially great ? A list or B ? His defense is that good ,that he could be a difference maker in the playoffs ?

PostPosted: Tue Dec 08, 2009 10:14 pm 
Modern Day Nephilim

he's one of the best defensive centerfielders in baseball and he could hit 40 HRs in that abomination you call a ballpark.

PostPosted: Tue Dec 08, 2009 11:10 pm 
Shadow Person

redsonsuperman wrote:
he's one of the best defensive centerfielders in baseball and he could hit 40 HRs in that abomination you call a ballpark.

40 HOMERS added to that line-up is pretty scary !!! 8) They need a strong arm in the out-field !

PostPosted: Tue Dec 08, 2009 11:21 pm 
Modern Day Nephilim

MYSTERYMAN wrote:

40 HOMERS added to that line-up is pretty scary !!! 8) They need a strong arm in the out-field ![/quote]

BASEBALL SUCKS !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

PostPosted: Tue Dec 08, 2009 11:57 pm 
Shadow Person

redsonsuperman wrote:
MYSTERYMAN wrote:

40 HOMERS added to that line-up is pretty scary !!! 8) They need a strong arm in the out-field !

BASEBALL SUCKS !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!![/quote]

Take it easy RSS !!!! I think you got some good prospects !!!!

PostPosted: Wed Dec 09, 2009 2:16 am 
Shadow Person

I found this clip of Granderson making a great catch !!! Pretty good 8)

http://www.lennysyankees.com/2009/12/it ... on-in.html

PostPosted: Wed Dec 09, 2009 2:45 am 
Modern Day Nephilim

According to ESPN, the Red Sox were also interested in Granderson, but wouldn't give up Bucholz AND Ellsbury. :shock: :shock: :shock:

PostPosted: Wed Dec 09, 2009 2:59 am 
Shadow Person

redsonsuperman wrote:
According to ESPN, the Red Sox were also interested in Granderson, but wouldn't give up Bucholz AND Ellsbury. :shock: :shock: :shock:

Why are you surprised ? You think it was a mistake ?

PostPosted: Wed Dec 09, 2009 9:40 am 
Site Admin

redsonsuperman wrote:

I thought it was an "or" situation. I don't know enough about Granderson to say if it was a good move or not. I was stunned to see that he hit 30 homers last year. If it weren't for the fact that NY plays in a little league field, I'd say that those numbers should go down.

I think the Sox want to hold the Buchholz chip for a more valuable trade and that Ellsbury is essentially off the table unless some insane deal comes up.

I'd be disappointed if the Sox didn't make some big move this off-season, but the acquisition of Victor Martinez at the trade deadline last year really improves the team a lot this year and it sounds like they want to sign him to an extension.

Plus, you have to expect Ortiz to be better than last year and Dice K to pitch next year, which is better than he did last year, which was a loss, because of the WBC. Those are two good "acquisitions." If Dice K can return to form, he'll be a valuable addition to the rotation that they really needed last year.

Ideally, I'd like the Sox to get a big bat, rather than more starting pitcher. I don't think Bay constitutes that big bat, either. I'm of the opinion that he will probably regress over the next 3 years. I'd like to see Prince Fielder, Miguel Cabrera, or maybe Adrian Gonzalez (though I'm not sold on hm, personally). They need someone of Manny caliber to fill the void of Manny's departure and Papi's decline. In an ideal world, the Sox would wait a year or so and then throw 30 million per year @ Pujols and get him, but I just don't see that happening.

"An artist has got to be constantly in a state of becoming." -- Bob Dylan

PostPosted: Wed Dec 09, 2009 3:39 pm 
Site Admin

Ugh.

Buster Olney just reported on ESPN that the Red Sox have the option of swapping Mike Lowell for Milton Bradley. That would be a disaster of epic proportions. Lowell is a total pro and Bradley is a fucking nutcase who wouldn't last one season in Boston w. the rabid Red Sox media coverage.

Hopefully cooler heads prevail on this one.

PostPosted: Wed Dec 09, 2009 5:07 pm 
Shadow Person

binnall wrote:
Ugh.

Buster Olney just reported on ESPN that the Red Sox have the option of swapping Mike Lowell for Milton Bradley. That would be a disaster of epic proportions. Lowell is a total pro and Bradley is a fucking nutcase who wouldn't last one season in Boston w. the rabid Red Sox media coverage.

Hopefully cooler heads prevail on this one.

Lowell was a Yankee prospect and it kills me he ended up with the Sox !!!! :x
Cashman is talking to Lachey and Jays about Halladay !!!!! They want to much for him !!!!! Montero,a pitcher and more !!!! I hope they don't do it !!!!
I want to see Montero become a great Yankee !!!! They say he's the goods !!!

Last edited by MYSTERYMAN on Thu Dec 10, 2009 12:02 am, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Wed Dec 09, 2009 11:29 pm 
Site Admin

Now the talk is Mike Lowell to the Rangers for some catcher I know nothing about along w. the Sox paying over half Lowell's salary for next year ($6 million at least).

Given the earlier news, I think it's safe to say that Lowell is done in Boston. I only hope this is the start of something bigger in the works for the Sox.

PostPosted: Thu Dec 10, 2009 12:04 am 
Shadow Person

The Yankees have to sign Lachey !!!! They can't give up all that talent for Halladay !!! He's better than Lachey,but not that much !!!!!

PostPosted: Thu Dec 10, 2009 11:31 am 
Site Admin

Sox acquire Boof Bonser from Twins. Not sure how good a pick-up that is.

Also, the Lowell to Texas trade is almost a done deal. Must be a pre-cursor to the Sox getting a big bat to play 1st and sliding Youkilis over to 3rd.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 187 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 13  Next