The United States of Esoterica

Official forum of binnallofamerica.com
It is currently Sat Nov 28, 2020 6:42 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 187 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7 ... 13  Next
PostPosted: Thu Dec 10, 2009 2:50 pm 
Site Admin

Sigh. Lots of talk (and outrage) in Boston that 2010 will be a "transitional year."

If I don't see much improvement in the roster, I'll be picking them for the wildcard spot and even that will be a stretch.

"An artist has got to be constantly in a state of becoming." -- Bob Dylan

PostPosted: Thu Dec 10, 2009 3:31 pm 
Shadow Person

binnall wrote:
Sigh. Lots of talk (and outrage) in Boston that 2010 will be a "transitional year."

If I don't see much improvement in the roster, I'll be picking them for the wildcard spot and even that will be a stretch.

I don't believe that ! Yanks sign Pettitte !!! :D They are talking to Damon !

PostPosted: Thu Dec 10, 2009 4:36 pm 
Bilderburger Attendee

The heart of Detroit was cut out and shipped to Satan's children in pinstripes (sorry Mysterman). Phuck.

As one of the local sports guys always says here in Detroit, is that rooting for the Yankees is like cheering on the tanks in Tiananmen Square.

Granderson is the best guy and a tremendous player. Two years ago he was the first 20-20-20-20-20 man.

The Tigers are garbage. They constantly send mixed messages, do they want to be the Twins on a shoe-string budget or are they going to spend money?

Granderson is great and will be the next captain of the Yankees. OF course, once his charisma takes hold in NY, they're gonna act like they discovered him.

This is why baseball blows. The only job that requires no accountability (besides meteorologists) is a Yankees minor league manager.

Don't bother developing prospects, the Yankees treat the rest of MLB as their minors. Cherry-picking the guys who've already been developed and their home teams can't afford.

Baseball really is an abortion sometimes.

"This series presents information based in part on theory and conjecture. The producer's purpose is to suggest some possible explanations, but not necessarily the only ones, to the mysteries we will examine."

PostPosted: Thu Dec 10, 2009 6:53 pm 
Shadow Person

Lone Gunman wrote:
The heart of Detroit was cut out and shipped to Satan's children in pinstripes (sorry Mysterman). Phuck.

As one of the local sports guys always says here in Detroit, is that rooting for the Yankees is like cheering on the tanks in Tiananmen Square.

Granderson is the best guy and a tremendous player. Two years ago he was the first 20-20-20-20-20 man.

The Tigers are garbage. They constantly send mixed messages, do they want to be the Twins on a shoe-string budget or are they going to spend money?

Granderson is great and will be the next captain of the Yankees. OF course, once his charisma takes hold in NY, they're gonna act like they discovered him.

This is why baseball blows. The only job that requires no accountability (besides meteorologists) is a Yankees minor league manager.

Don't bother developing prospects, the Yankees treat the rest of MLB as their minors. Cherry-picking the guys who've already been developed and their home teams can't afford.

Baseball really is an abortion sometimes.

Austin Jackson might be the next Granderson !!! :)

PostPosted: Thu Dec 10, 2009 8:04 pm 
Shadow Person

The Yankee reporter i listen to said the Yankees are waiting to see what happens with Halladay before they make a move on Lachey to make the team that trades for him have to give up more .They are afraid of the Sox getting him.

PostPosted: Fri Dec 11, 2009 1:55 am 
Bilderburger Attendee

If Austin Jackson becomes the next "Granderson" Mysteryman, don't worry -- we won't be able to afford to keep him and you'll get him back! :wink:

"This series presents information based in part on theory and conjecture. The producer's purpose is to suggest some possible explanations, but not necessarily the only ones, to the mysteries we will examine."

PostPosted: Sat Dec 12, 2009 7:03 pm 
Shadow Person

I'm very sad to hear that the Yankees let Chien Ming Wang go !!!! They don't believe he will ever recover his previous form . :cry: Damned National League baseball is the cause of it !!!! He hurt himself while batting,which he never should have been doing !!!! :x

PostPosted: Sat Dec 12, 2009 7:29 pm 
Site Admin

Yes, very surprising to see the Yankees part ways with Wang.

I thought he had shoulder issues this year. Not sure how that can be related to his foot injury from '07.

PostPosted: Sat Dec 12, 2009 8:18 pm 
Shadow Person

binnall wrote:
Yes, very surprising to see the Yankees part ways with Wang.

I thought he had shoulder issues this year. Not sure how that can be related to his foot injury from '07.

Herb Score broke his toe in an all-star game and he had to change his delivery . He ended up with other injuries .

Check this out :

http://bleacherreport.com/articles/1851 ... -have-seen

PostPosted: Sun Dec 13, 2009 11:44 am 
Modern Day Nephilim

Bay rejects 4-yr, $60 million offer from BoSox.

this is why baseball is broken.

Can't wait to see him sign with a less competitive team for 5-7 million more.

PostPosted: Mon Dec 14, 2009 2:36 pm 
Shadow Person

It looks like the Sox are gonna sign Lachey . I am pissed !!!!!!! :evil: I wanted him !!! The Yankees need another pitcher !!!! They are gonna be sorry !!! Mid -season ,they are gonna realise they need another arm and are gonna get held up !!!
But why don't the Angels want Lachey back ? Maybe they think he's gonna break down ? :?
I remember you were down on him Tim . Now he may be in your rotation !!!! :lol: So much for it being a transitional year ! :lol:

PostPosted: Mon Dec 14, 2009 2:47 pm 
Shadow Person

binnall wrote:
MYSTERYMAN wrote:
Even though the Yankees won,they need more starting pitching !!!! Lachey !!!!!!!!!

I told you, MM, Lachey is 8-shades of awful. He puts in a good performance now and again, but he is due for a complete meltdown and he couldn't handle the pressure of NY. So, it's probably best, for everyone, if the Spankees sign him.

You probably aren't happy about the signing from this old post !!! :shock:

PostPosted: Mon Dec 14, 2009 4:12 pm 
Shadow Person

MYSTERYMAN wrote:
binnall wrote:
MYSTERYMAN wrote:
Even though the Yankees won,they need more starting pitching !!!! Lachey !!!!!!!!!

I told you, MM, Lachey is 8-shades of awful. He puts in a good performance now and again, but he is due for a complete meltdown and he couldn't handle the pressure of NY. So, it's probably best, for everyone, if the Spankees sign him.

You probably aren't happy about the signing from this old post !!! :shock:

Sox sign Lachey 5YRS FOR 85 MILLION DOLLARS !!!!!!! :shock: Where are you Tim ? :lol:

PostPosted: Mon Dec 14, 2009 5:19 pm 
Shadow Person

Wow !!!! All hell is breaking loose in baseball ! Phillies to trade Lee to Mariners,(who give up prospects)and get Halladay in a 3 way trade !!!! Matsui may go to the Angels .
:(
Yankees looking at Sheets and other pitchers :?

PostPosted: Mon Dec 14, 2009 5:25 pm 
Site Admin

I worked last night, so I just woke up ... what the fuck !!! I gotta check my baseball news.

Lachey fucking sucks. He is a huge whiner and will not make it in Boston. Ugh. Why are the Sox signing him ?! I am not a fan of this move, even though the experts are saying it is a good one. I guess with Lester, Beckett, Lachey, Dice K, Wakefield / Buchholz, that is a pretty good rotation.

I also guess that w. this signing, Jason Bay is gone. The Sox probably were waiting to see what Bay would do and ended up pulling the trigger on Lachey because he would want way too much money.

I have mixed feelings about the Halladay trade. Nice to see Cliff Lee go to the Mariners, who are going to make a serious run at the AL West now. Also, glad to see that the Spankees did not get Halladay, which was my worst case scenario. Very pissed that the Sox could not get this deal done, but I guess it was too rich for their blood. Looks like Phillies are a lock for the NL East now.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 187 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7 ... 13  Next