The United States of Esoterica

Official forum of binnallofamerica.com
It is currently Fri Nov 24, 2017 11:03 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

PostPosted: Fri Jan 22, 2010 1:50 pm 
Site Admin

As noted at the beginning of this week's BoA:Audio (#510 w. Adam Davies), I spilled coke on my digital audio recorder that we've been using to tape the show for the last 5 years.

To say I was pissed would be an understatement. I was, and am, pretty irate. This new recorder I got is terrible for taping BoA:Audio both via phone and the voiceovers, which is why I sounded like a fart in a mitten during this week's intro & outro.

Unfortunately, they do not make my old school recorder anymore, but I am close to getting a new one via ebay. I'm hoping that, within the next 24 hours, we'll be back on track towards our usual taping style.

"An artist has got to be constantly in a state of becoming." -- Bob Dylan

PostPosted: Fri Jan 22, 2010 3:48 pm 
Shadow Person

binnall wrote:
As noted at the beginning of this week's BoA:Audio (#510 w. Adam Davies), I spilled coke on my digital audio recorder that we've been using to tape the show for the last 5 years.

To say I was pissed would be an understatement. I was, and am, pretty irate. This new recorder I got is terrible for taping BoA:Audio both via phone and the voiceovers, which is why I sounded like a fart in a mitten during this week's intro & outro.

Unfortunately, they do not make my old school recorder anymore, but I am close to getting a new one via ebay. I'm hoping that, within the next 24 hours, we'll be back on track towards our usual taping style.

:roll: :?: I hope ,at least ,that it wasn't diet Coke ! :) :D :lol: 8) That shit is vulgar and puke-provoking..... :shock: :x :evil: :twisted: :!:

PostPosted: Fri Jan 22, 2010 4:40 pm 
Friend of the Illuminati

How exactly do you know what a fart in a mitten sounds like? You have an awful lot of free time between shows, don't you?

PostPosted: Sun Jan 24, 2010 3:07 am 
Site Admin

Good news, gang, I won two separate eBay auctions and will soon be getting my hands on the old school BoA:Audio recording equipment (plus a back-up to prevent this from happening again).

So hopefully our short audio nightmare is over.

I'm still committed to developing a new method of taping shows, but that will have to wait for our hiatus break or the off-season.

PostPosted: Sun Jan 24, 2010 5:15 am 
Skull and Bones Flunkie

Hey Tim, just out of curiosity, what type of recorder is it? Like a digital 8-track sorta deal? Like one someone would also use for music recording?

I have a sweet Tascam digital 8 track. It has some newer tech, but still functions like an old-school tape based recorder, which is cool, cause that's what I learned on, so the switch was easy. But I have used some over the years that had a real steep learning curve to go along with the bible sized user manual. So I can imagine your frustration when having to try out that new one.

I too have killed many electronics with good old coca cola, but lucky for me they have been relatively smaller items, PS3 controller, some TV remotes, etc. So you are not alone in that regard.

Good to hear you found replacements for your fallen gear.

PostPosted: Sun Jan 24, 2010 12:15 pm 
Modern Day Nephilim

I have three Olympus recorders, two VN-5200s and the newer VN-6200.

PostPosted: Sun Jan 24, 2010 4:29 pm 
Skull and Bones Flunkie

redsonsuperman wrote:
I have three Olympus recorders, two VN-5200s and the newer VN-6200.

That's a cool looking little recorder. Different type then I was thinking of. My buddy has a little Sony recorder like that. It used to turn on in his pocket all the time by accident, which one time was a good thing when one of our drunk friends fell off a porch. It was pretty funny when it happened, but got even better a few days later when he noticed he caught the audio on tape by accident. lmao.

PostPosted: Sun Jan 24, 2010 4:32 pm 
Site Admin

My old school recorder is an Olympus DS-2, which is no longer made by Olympus, as it came out in 2005.

The new recorder is an Olympus VN-6200. I'm sure it is good for other stuff, but trying to do phone call recording and voice over work, it isn't really cutting it for BoA:Audio.

PostPosted: Sun Jan 24, 2010 9:39 pm 
Skull and Bones Flunkie

binnall wrote:
My old school recorder is an Olympus DS-2, which is no longer made by Olympus, as it came out in 2005.

The new recorder is an Olympus VN-6200. I'm sure it is good for other stuff, but trying to do phone call recording and voice over work, it isn't really cutting it for BoA:Audio.

Ha, I was way off in my assumption... I pictured you using a small multi-track recorder.

That type you have makes a lot more sense, and I should have guessed since most journalists use that type, and also the fact you have done interviews live at the monster show thing (can't remember what it was called) Wouldn't be practical lugging around a big recorder.

I am on the ball now lmao

PostPosted: Sat Jan 30, 2010 8:42 pm 
Low Initiate Freemason

Tim, I think it would be cool to learn more about the hardware/software you use to record, edit, and mix the show. Not that I have any big podcasting plans, but I write about technology for a living, so I'm always curious about such things.

PostPosted: Thu Feb 18, 2010 7:35 pm 
Site Admin

My good buddy Andy Carolan has parodied the Great Coca Cola Disaster of 2010 in his latest edition of his webcomic Disclosure.

Check it out: http://www.andy-carolan.co.uk/disclosure/2010/2/17/wow.html

PostPosted: Thu Feb 18, 2010 8:23 pm 
Skull and Bones Flunkie

binnall wrote:
My good buddy Andy Carolan has parodied the Great Coca Cola Disaster of 2010 in his latest edition of his webcomic Disclosure.

Check it out: http://www.andy-carolan.co.uk/disclosure/2010/2/17/wow.html

That can of coke is fast becoming an internet legend lol