The United States of Esoterica

Official forum of binnallofamerica.com
It is currently Fri Nov 24, 2017 11:01 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: EPIC listening session
PostPosted: Wed Feb 24, 2010 6:53 pm 
Eleven Eleven Keyholder

I have just completed season 4, and I am halfway through season 5 with the exception of the 14th and the 22nd.

I listened to the entire thing in just under two weeks(at my desk at work, in the car, etc).(hey c2c was not having many interesting topics for me this past month so i had the time).

Nice job binnall, cant help but wonder though.... do you talk with that radio voice in RL lol?!

PostPosted: Wed Feb 24, 2010 6:58 pm 
Site Admin

Congrats on your EPIC listening session.

re: the voice

lol, it depends on the context.

The voice overs are always awkward as hell and something that I admittedly hate to do, but I'm too lazy to come up with a better system right now, so I endure.

The phone voice when I am talking to guests usually starts out radio-style and then settles into my normal voice, if that makes any sense. If you listen to the Lostcast, that's essentially how I talk in real life.

Plus, I usually spend a good 5 to 10 minutes talking to the guest before the "show" starts, so it might be some kind of pscyhological thing I do because the show has started.

"An artist has got to be constantly in a state of becoming." -- Bob Dylan

PostPosted: Thu Feb 25, 2010 2:47 pm 
Low Initiate Freemason

Tim, I think the thing you should be most proud of is how much the show -- and your on-air presentation -- have evolved over the years. Both started off at a pretty high level, especially compared to most other podcasts that deal with these topics. But from season to season, and in some cases from show to show, the level of professionalism keeps going up.

In other words, it very rarely sounds like you're phoning it in, even after slugging away for so long. Please keep it up, because there are very few places to turn for this sort of thing.