The United States of Esoterica

Official forum of binnallofamerica.com
It is currently Fri Nov 24, 2017 11:02 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

PostPosted: Mon Nov 12, 2012 2:13 am 
Site Admin

Figured that, since I've spoken with Bruce numerous times and he remains fairly elusive to anyone online, I'd give folks a chance to ask Bruce Rux a question for the 2012 edition of Ruxgiving.

Standard rules apply: one question only and it should be serious.

Deadline to submit questions is 11 PM (ET) on Tuesday, November 13th.

Posting this here in the forum first, will be posting it to Facebook tomorrow @ noon.

Thanks to all who submit questions!

"An artist has got to be constantly in a state of becoming." -- Bob Dylan

PostPosted: Mon Nov 12, 2012 9:19 pm 
CFR Fat Cat

Question: What has he been working on lately, and will there be any new releases anytime soon?

"Let your life be a counter-friction to stop the machine" Henry David Thoreau

"Never go with a hippie to a second location." Jack Donaghy

"Hey, I know that dude" Jeff Spicoli

PostPosted: Tue Nov 13, 2012 12:52 am 
Modern Day Nephilim

Would you consider using Twitter in the future to share your opinions on various films/books/shows on a routine basis, albeit in short 140-character bursts?

I notice you have provided lengthy reviews on amazon.com for various movies and books, so you like providing your opinion. Twitter might be a better way to connect with those who have read your books and find your opinion valuable.

P.S. Do you really think Fred and Daphne from Scooby-Doo had sex? Shag and Scoob Come of Age is my favorite of your amazon reviews.

PostPosted: Tue Nov 13, 2012 6:28 pm 
Rense Guest

I'd like to ask Bruce what his impressions of some of the TV and movie productions that have been produced since he concluded the awesome Rux trilogy a few years ago (which inspired me to track down a copy of his excellent book 'Hollywood vs the Aliens')

A few examples I can think of are Apollo 18,Cowboys and Aliens, Super 8, Battle of LA, Skyline, Paul and Men in Black III, Prometheus, plus reworks of Total Recall and Planet of the Apes.

There were also TV series like The Event, Falling Skies, Fringe, Flashforward, and UK shows like Life on Mars, Torchwood and new episodes of Red Dwarf (which you may not have seen yet over the pond).

I'm not sure if Bruce has seen any of these as yet but I'd love to hear his views on the last few years of sci-fi TV and movies.

PostPosted: Tue Nov 13, 2012 10:00 pm 
Bilderburger Attendee

Curious if Mr. Rux was contacted by recently BOA guest and doctoral candidate Robbie Graham.

Also Mr. Rux sounds like a man that would rock an ascot or a smoking jacket with aplomb. Given the choice, which is his preference?

PostPosted: Tue Nov 13, 2012 10:13 pm 
C2C Annual Guest

Thanks for this opportunity Tim, can Bruce offer his insight on the career of Stanley Kubrick and if he thinks SK and other prolific directors have been given a glimpse behind the curtain of this fashioned reality we find ourselves in?