The United States of Esoterica

Official forum of binnallofamerica.com
It is currently Mon Oct 15, 2018 4:11 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Alien Worlds folds
PostPosted: Tue Dec 02, 2008 4:08 pm 
Site Admin

Sad news. My condolences go out to all my friends who were writing for AW, most notably BoA's own Richard from Wales, along with my friends Nick Redfern and Paul Kimball.

From publisher Stuart Miller ::

Quote:
It is with regret that I confirm what will have become obvious to many by now, namely that Alien Worlds magazine will not be published again.

I ran out of money to support the magazine which had been operating at a loss. There followed extended talks with another publishing company with a view to them taking the magazine over but those talks failed. After that, I wrestled with the idea of keeping it going as a download via the internet, but in the end decided against that too. I am sorry for the disappointment the magazine’s closure will cause.

The pity of it was that it didn’t actually need to make a profit and even a small loss would have been acceptable. I could have kept it going on that basis but the losses endured could not be maintained. Unquestionably, I view my inability to attract any advertising as being the reason for the magazine’s closure.

I will also be closing the news service which can be found elsewhere on this site and which has been ongoing in one shape or form for over four years. It is time to move on.

Many, many people were gracious enough to help me with articles, advice, and encouragement. I refrain from naming names in case I inadvertently forget to mention somebody and cause unintended offence but you people have my deepest appreciation and sincerest thanks. Without you, the mag would not have even have got to four excellent issues. Thank you.

"An artist has got to be constantly in a state of becoming." -- Bob Dylan

Post subject: Re: Alien Worlds folds
PostPosted: Tue Dec 02, 2008 9:00 pm 
Modern Day Nephilim

:cry: