The United States of Esoterica

Official forum of binnallofamerica.com
It is currently Thu Nov 23, 2017 7:04 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: WWE '13
PostPosted: Mon Nov 05, 2012 10:38 am 
Site Admin

Granted, I am not a big video gamer, especially wrestling games, but I'll go out on a limb here and say that WWE '13 may be the greatest wrestling game ever.

The Attitude era mode is insane. It follows RAW from 98 through 99 and you play in different chapters, as DX, Austin, Rock, Mankind, and Taker/Kane. The great part is that you don't just have to win the matches, to unlock stuff, you have to do specific historical moments from the matches. The level of detail is amazing, including commentary taken from WWE shows that is used during the matches.

Haven't even gotten into the Create a Wrestler mode or the WWE Universe part, but I hear they are very good as well.

This is definitely a must-have for anyone yearning for the Monday night war era of WWE.

"An artist has got to be constantly in a state of becoming." -- Bob Dylan

Post subject: Re: WWE '13
PostPosted: Mon Nov 05, 2012 8:00 pm 
Modern Day Nephilim

No way it can beat Pro Wrestling for NES.
:mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen:

PostPosted: Tue Apr 16, 2013 8:45 pm 
Skull and Bones Flunkie

I agree, best wrestling game ever. I've created a wrestler and he's exactly how I'd be if I were a wrestler. I'm hoping 2k games does something like the attitude era for the next game but with the wcw/ecw invasion, that would be sweet

PostPosted: Thu May 02, 2013 12:29 pm 
Site Admin

My only complaint about WWE '13 comes from my own miscue, in that I own a Wii and can't get the downloadable content, which includes like 12 or so additional wrestlers who would be fun to have in the game.

For WWE '14, I'd like to see a Wrestlemania theme, since it will co-incide w. WM XXX. Maybe you can do the build up and main event of all 30 Wrestlemanias. That would be insanely awesome.

The only stumbling block might be to get Hogan in on the deal, since he works for TNA, but they may have him under some kind of Legend's contract that would allow it. He'd really be essential for the game, since he main evented the first 8 Wrestlemanias.

Working around contract issues and other stuff, you could feature Rock v. Austin or Hogan v. Vince @ WM 19 instead of Brock v. Angle (since he's in TNA). For WM XX, since you don't want Benoit being featured as main event winner and may not be able to use Angle, you could do Rock & Foley v. Flair, Batista, and Orton. That was kind of a signature match for that show.

I'd be down w. a WCW/ECW invasion game, but they fucked up the invasion so badly in real life that I'm not that interested in re-living it.

I'd also like to see a Monday Nitro theme, since there are plenty of good moments to re-create (although, again, it depends on Hogan).

Way, way down the line, I'd also like to see a Best of the Territories type game, since they own Mid-South, World Class, Florida, and AWA. Maybe some kind of game where you can play in each of the different promotions or something. It sounds like a ton of work, though, and may not resonate w. the modern fans.

PostPosted: Thu May 02, 2013 9:35 pm 
Modern Day Nephilim

binnall wrote:
Way, way down the line, I'd also like to see a Best of the Territories type game, since they own Mid-South, World Class, Florida, and AWA.

You realize I cursed out loud when I read this. I'll always be bitter that they do.

PostPosted: Sat May 04, 2013 10:11 pm 
Site Admin

Honestly, I feel your pain, RSS, but I'd rather that WWE own the footage and actually use it on DVDs, and broadcast it on their eventual cable channel, than have the original owners have it and nobody ever gets to see it.

I missed the Mid South years, so now I can experience a bit of it via WWE's upcoming DVD doc, due out in September-ish. And the AWA, World Class, and ECW DVDs were all excellent.

PostPosted: Tue May 07, 2013 9:52 am 
Modern Day Nephilim

Yeah, I just hope Vince doesn't put his own spin on the Mid-South years.

A few more days and I get to hear some Mid-South stories from Hacksaw Jim Duggan!!

PostPosted: Tue May 07, 2013 11:32 am 
Site Admin

I have a feeling that Vince is becoming less and less interested or capable of putting his 'spin' on things. Look at how HHH got Bruno for the HoF. Clearly, he's handed over a lot of the company to him at this point which has its good and bad points.

PostPosted: Tue May 07, 2013 2:33 pm 
Skull and Bones Flunkie

My only wish is that they get rid of being PG. I dont know how HHH sees it but im guessing the PG is gonna be around for a while.

PostPosted: Tue May 07, 2013 2:50 pm 
Site Admin

Yeah, PG will be around for a while, until business dictates getting more adult. Before the Attitude Era, WWE was ridiculously PG, but when they were getting killed by Nitro, they went more adult-oriented and that is what saved the company.

PostPosted: Mon Aug 12, 2013 1:59 pm 
Site Admin

binnall wrote:
For WWE '14, I'd like to see a Wrestlemania theme, since it will co-incide w. WM XXX. Maybe you can do the build up and main event of all 30 Wrestlemanias. That would be insanely awesome.

Yessssssssssssssssssssssss ! They just announced today that WWE2K14 will feature a "30 Years of WrestleMania" theme, built similar to Attitude Era theme and featuring 45 classic matches. Fuck, yes, this sounds amazing.

Already on the roster ... Hogan, Andre, Savage, Rock, Austin, Michaels, and the Ultimate Warrior. Presumably Ricky Steamboat, Ted DiBiase, Bret Hart, and Ric Flair will be on there as well. Also rumored are Roddy Piper & Yokozuna. So, this will likely surpass WWE '13 as best wrestling game ever or, at least, have the best roster of total legends and modern stars.

http://kotaku.com/a-huge-roster-delivers-30-years-of-wrestlemania-to-ww-1108261943

PostPosted: Tue Aug 13, 2013 3:50 pm 
Skull and Bones Flunkie

Damn you hit the nail on the head. I'm hoping they add Yokozuna, I can have him wrestle Andre haha! I can't wait to play all these dream matches I have in store. I heard an unconfirmed rumor that the game isn't available for the Wii or the Wii U, can't remember where I saw that but I'm not seeing it advertised for either console. If that's true then that really sucks, why not make it available for all systems?

PostPosted: Tue Aug 13, 2013 7:46 pm 
Site Admin

Yes, it is true that it will not be available for any Wii platform.

So, I've got to decide if I am going to get a Playstation or an Xbox. I'm not shelling out big money for one of the new consoles that are coming out, so I am hoping Sony or Microsoft drop the prices of the old generation consoles enough to make it worthwhile.

PostPosted: Tue Aug 13, 2013 8:41 pm 
Skull and Bones Flunkie

Well just my 2 cents, I'm a little biased because I own one but I thoroughly enjoy the Xbox.

PostPosted: Thu Aug 15, 2013 2:31 pm 
Site Admin

I'll likely decide which console I get based on the prices. If the prices are similar, I'll have to figure something out. I'd hate to get a PS3 and then see them stop making games for PS3s starting next year or something.

Re: the WM roster ...

Per Dave Meltzer re: WWE2K14: "I was just told there are no major omissions when it comes to Mania headliners" and "The promotion will include noting that this is the best roster in the history of the WWE video game, since it’ll include every major WrestleMania headliner as well as every current star."

Based on that, we may be able to surmise that most of the following guys will be in the game ... Mr.T, Roddy Piper, and Mr. T (WM1), King Kong Bundy (WM2), Ricky Steamboat (WM3), Ted DiBiase (WM4), Sgt. Slaughter (WM7), Sid Vicious and Ric Flair (WM8 ), Yokozuna and Bret Hart (WM9), Lex Luger / Owen Hart / Razor Ramon (WM10), Diesel (WM11), Tyson (WM14), Foley (WM16).

I'm kind of skeptical that Luger or Owen will be in the game, those would be pleasant surprises. Beyond that, the only folks that I can think of who would qualify that would be iffy are the Dudleys, Hardys, Kurt Angle (all of whom work for TNA) and maybe Batista.

Anyway, the complete roster will be revealed on Saturday so perhaps I just wasted 20 minutes thinking of this, lol.

My only complaint, which I don't think will be rectified this year, is that WWE '12 had Demolition in the game and WWE '13 didn't. So I'm hoping that they'll be back for WWE2K14, but I'm highly skeptical.