The United States of Esoterica

Official forum of binnallofamerica.com
It is currently Thu Nov 23, 2017 7:02 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: WWE2K14
PostPosted: Tue Aug 20, 2013 9:45 am 
Site Admin

Figured I'd start a new thread for the new game.

Theme is 30 Years of WrestleMania. Here is the latest video preview and it looks amazing: http://youtu.be/7C2AdPGRcQk

Based on the video it appears that Elizabeth is in the game in some form or fashion, perhaps only in cameos at historic moments. Also, based on WWE 13's formatting, I presume we'll get cut commentary from legendary matches, so I expect some Gorilla Monsoon, Jesse Ventura, and Bobby Heenan goodness during the early WrestleMania years.

Playable Legends: Hogan, Andre, Savage, Ultimate Warrior, Flair, Steamboat, DiBiase, Bret Hart, Michaels, Austin, Rock, Mankind, Razor Ramon, Diesel, Big John Studd, King Kong Bundy, Sgt. Slaughter, Goldberg, Batista, Yokozuna, Edge

Current Roster Guys in Game: CM Punk, Daniel Bryan, John Cena, HHH, Rey Mysterio, Alberto Del Rio, Undertaker, The Miz, Chris Jericho, Darren Young, and many others to be announced at some point soon.

"An artist has got to be constantly in a state of becoming." -- Bob Dylan

Post subject: Re: WWE2K14
PostPosted: Thu Aug 22, 2013 10:56 am 
Skull and Bones Flunkie

Glad to read that they fixed the reversal system. It was wayy to easy to reverse in the old game, glad I'm not gonna waste 5 minutes doing reversals anymore. This game keeps improving the more I read about it.

PostPosted: Thu Aug 22, 2013 8:01 pm 
Site Admin

If you are like me and you like building a league in Universe Mode, this is a stellar roster. WWE '13 had too many mid-card losers (New Age Outlaws, Ken Shamrock) or past their prime stars (LOD & Big Boss Man). This new version pretty much keeps all the attitude era main eventers and adds all the 80's and 90's main eventers as well.

I'm already envisioning a league centered around Flair, Steamboat, DiBiase, Savage, Austin, Michaels, Hart, CM Punk, Daniel Bryan, Dolph Ziggler and The Shield. Then, I'll have the Hogan, Warrior, Andre league built around monsters and brawlers.

PostPosted: Thu Aug 22, 2013 8:58 pm 
Skull and Bones Flunkie

I didn't divulge into the universe mode all that much with WWE 13 but I'm definatley gonna give a run for its money in 14. Like you said you can almost make WCW with the new game which is awesome. I haven't seem any stories but it'd be nuts of they brought back a story mode. Even though most of them in the past were repetitive and not very creative I'd like to see 2K games give it a shot.

PostPosted: Mon Sep 16, 2013 4:58 pm 
Site Admin

Some screenshots have been revealed ...

More here: http://screencrush.com/wwe-2k14-screenshots-run-wild-on-you-brother/

PostPosted: Thu Sep 19, 2013 3:44 pm 
Skull and Bones Flunkie

All of these screenshots are making me antsy. Is it October 29th yet?

PostPosted: Thu Sep 19, 2013 5:16 pm 
Site Admin

Apparently, fans are scanning screenshots and finding t-shirts of others stars and thinking that they will also be in the game.

If that is the case, we may see Rick Rude, Jim Duggan, Roddy Piper, and Big Boss Man also in 2K14.

Apparently the full roster will be revealed on Monday. Not sure if that includes additional legends or what.

The complete list, so far, of all the WM matches in the game can be found here: http://wwe.2k.com/index.php/news/single/every-30-years-of-wrestlemania-match-us

PostPosted: Fri Sep 20, 2013 7:31 pm 
Skull and Bones Flunkie

I wonder if they will reveal the first round of DLC characters on Monday also? I wish they would just have all the wrestlers on there at once so it doesnt cost me extra haha. Have you decided which system you are getting Tim?

PostPosted: Mon Sep 23, 2013 3:05 am 
Site Admin

Probably playstation. Really, it's whichever one becomes cheaper once they roll out the new consoles. I'm going to have to pre-order 2K14 to get Warrior and then, likely, sit on it until I get a new console to play it, lol. So it may be a few weeks or a month until I can actually play.

That said, I just realized that you can buy used consoles at GameStop, so I will probably just do that and buy whichever system is cheaper at the time.

While I am kind of pissed that they are not putting the game out for Wii, I'm also kind of psyched, since Wii never allowed for DLC, which is a big part of the game and, with 2K taking over, may become even bigger as time goes on.

Obviously, DLC is done to generate more money but it also allows them to add folks who wouldn't have made the cut to make it into the game, due to time constraints, like the Wyatts or RVD.

PostPosted: Tue Sep 24, 2013 3:42 pm 
Skull and Bones Flunkie

Full roster: http://www.wwe.com/inside/2k/wwe-2k14/w ... d-26149996
Some early candidates for the DLC off the top of my head(not including legends): the Usos, Fandango, the Wyatt family and RVD

PostPosted: Tue Sep 24, 2013 7:50 pm 
Site Admin

Yeah, they said the cut off to make the roster was March, but it seems more like early January.

I suspect Big E, Usos, RVD, Curtis Axel, and the Wyatts will be DLC. Plus probably the Bellas and the Funkadactyls in maybe some kind of diva set which could include Trish and another diva.

For legends, I'm pretty sure we'll see Rick Rude, Roddy Piper, classic Big Boss Man, and Jim Duggan (as discussed earlier). Beyond that, I'm hoping for some pleasant surprises like maybe Demolition, Mr. Perfect, or, given my affinity for monsters, I'd love it if they had Akeem in there to complete the Twin Towers tag team.

Was surprised to see that they slipped Eddy Guerrero into the current roster, but glad he's in there.

I've seen a lot of bitching about the current roster, but aside from the missing stars from 2013, I think its great. I never used the jobber type guys anyway, so I don't see the need for the guys who only appear on Superstars to lose every week, like JTG or Yoshi Tatsu.

PostPosted: Sat Sep 28, 2013 2:13 pm 
Skull and Bones Flunkie

Yeah if they add all those wrestlers in the DLC this roster is very solid. If they added Demolition and Mr. Perfect that would be a sweet bonus. For monsters id love Akeem especially if Slick was with him, but id really go nuts if they added Earthquake and Typhoon.

PostPosted: Sat Sep 28, 2013 10:21 pm 
Site Admin

Agreed, Earthquake and Typhoon would be a huge addition (no pun intended).

They are supposed to reveal more about Universe mode on Monday. I expect that we'll learn more about DLC at some point in October. I also expect a lot more DLC with 2K than there was with the other company. There are rumours that they will have something cool for WM30 when it rolls around, so maybe some additional stuff via DLC there as well.

PostPosted: Fri Oct 04, 2013 11:05 pm 
Site Admin

I checked last year's game and that had 20 additional wrestlers available via DLC, so I'm expecting about the same for this year.

So there will hopefully be a few more unexpected guys in the game that we haven't considered yet. I just hope it isn't the Road Warriors, since they were terrible in WWE '13.

PostPosted: Sat Oct 05, 2013 3:38 am 
Modern Day Nephilim

binnall wrote:
I checked last year's game and that had 20 additional wrestlers available via DLC, so I'm expecting about the same for this year.

So there will hopefully be a few more unexpected guys in the game that we haven't considered yet. I just hope it isn't the Road Warriors, since they were terrible in WWE '13.

Vince will always make the Demolition better than the Road Warriors, when in fact they were not.
8) 8) :evil: :evil: :twisted: :twisted: