The United States of Esoterica

Official forum of binnallofamerica.com
It is currently Wed Nov 22, 2017 3:27 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 65 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
 Post subject: Re: WWE2K14
PostPosted: Sat Oct 05, 2013 9:14 am 
Site Admin

redsonsuperman wrote:
Vince will always make the Demolition better than the Road Warriors, when in fact they were not. 8) 8) :evil: :evil: :twisted: :twisted:

lol, RSS, this is where your wrong, wrong, wrong. Demolition receives absolutely no favoritism from Vince and the WWE.

I'm not sure of the exact reasoning, but they has essentially been written out of WWE history. Aside from the stunning use of them in WWE '12, Demolition are never mentioned on TV and barely ever written about on WWE.com, never had a revival or a remake (unlike how the LOD, Hart Foundation, Rockers, and many other tag teams have), and have never been inducted into the Hall of Fame.

In fact, if you look back at the LOD coming to WWE in 1991, you can see the very rare instance where Vince actually put outside wrestlers over his own creations. The LOD crushed Demolition in a very lopsided feud. True, the Demos had kind of run their course by then, but it wasn't competitive at all and it wasn't the usual outsider v. WWE creation feud where the outsider is marginalized and 'shown' to be inferior to their WWE counterpart (like Flair v. Hogan or WCW v. WWE).

I'm not arguing that Demolition were 'better' than the Road Warriors, who were essentially the Hulk Hogan of tag teams, but to argue against their historical significance is foolhardy. Longest reigning WWE tag team champs ever, easily one of the most over acts in WWE from '88 to '91, and probably the pre-cursor to the 'dark' or 'adult' characters ushered in by the Undertaker. Also, pretty damn good wrestlers, too.

Sure, 20 years ago, it was easy to dismiss Demolition as cheap LOD copycats, but almost two decades later, it's time to move beyond that and acknowledge that the Demos are worthy of respect. It's criminal that they are still living in the shadow of the LOD after all these years.

"An artist has got to be constantly in a state of becoming." -- Bob Dylan

PostPosted: Sat Oct 05, 2013 1:35 pm 
Modern Day Nephilim

I'll give ol' Vince credit for one thing -- he's smart enough NOT to put Demolition in the hall of fame.

It would be like putting an Elvis impersonator in the Rock N Roll Hall of Fame.

PostPosted: Sat Oct 05, 2013 2:32 pm 
Skull and Bones Flunkie

Well im hoping they don't add LOD. Im in favor of adding wrestlers who really haven't been in the games. It seems like LOD has been in enough games, its time to give those other wrestlers an opportunity.

PostPosted: Sat Oct 05, 2013 8:25 pm 
Modern Day Nephilim

They should throw some classic jobbers in there. Imagine getting your ass kicked by Iron Mike Sharpe.

PostPosted: Sat Oct 05, 2013 10:33 pm 
Site Admin

RSS, you are a madman, but also a friend. Rest assured, the Demos will be inducted into the HoF at some point in the future. They will receive their due respect.

Also, I'd love to see classic jobbers in the game. Maybe SD Jones will be in there, since his WM1 appearance was 'legendary.'

I agree that LOD has been in too many games at this point. If we are talking about bringing in some new legends and since it is a WM theme, I'm trying to think who would be good. I'm sure RSS will wail at the moon over this, but Doink would be a fun addition. Also, I'd like to see Jake Roberts, One Man Gang/Akeem, IRS, Mr. Perfect, Goldust, and Bam Bam Bigelow. The game is already stacked with great technical wrestlers, so some good brawlers/monsters/characters would be fun now.

Re: which game system I'll be getting, I had a long talk with the man at Game Stop and he pretty much convinced me to get an Xbox. He told me that they will continue to make games for the Xbox until 2015.

Also, since I played WWE '13 on Wii and didn't have DLC, I see that Community Creations is a function which allows you to download created wrestlers that others have made, so you can pretty much fill out your roster and add missing stars that way too. I've always been far too lazy to do a faithful re-creation of old stars, but I know there are people out there that make insanely detailed and specific CAWs, so this is going to be a great addition for my gaming that I didn't have in the last installment.

Very pumped about this game.

PostPosted: Mon Oct 21, 2013 11:20 am 
Skull and Bones Flunkie

This DLC isnt all that bad. A little upset no Wyatt family, they did add an NWO pack that includes Curt Hennig and Scott Steiner which is ok with me.

http://www.wrestlinginc.com/wi/news/201 ... -wwe-2k14/

PostPosted: Mon Oct 21, 2013 11:43 am 
Site Admin

Awesome find, superdan. I've been waiting forever for the announcement about the DLC. Here's the breakdown of new wrestlers added ...

November:
Kevin Nash (NWO version)
Scott Hall (NWO version)
Randy Savage (NWO version)
The Giant (NWO version)
Syxx
Curt Hennig
Scott Steiner

December:
Fandango
Big E. Langston
Summer Rae
Brie Bella
Nikki Bella

January:
Virgil
Bruno Sammartino
Rick Rude
Jake Roberts
Dusty Rhodes

So essentially, we get Syxx, Hennig, Rude, Roberts, Sammartino, Rhodes, Scott Steiner, and Virgil for additional legends. No Big Boss Man, but that's cool. I'm not overwhelmed by the DLC, but it's good.

Interesting that there is such a heavy NWO influence in the game. Thought they'd save that for maybe a WCW-themed future edition of the games. That said, all you need is to download Sting and Lex Luger as CAWs and you can easily re-create WCW in the Universe mode, since just about every other major player is in the game. So that is pretty awesome.

Given the legends already in the game, the addition of Perfect, Rude, Roberts, and Rhodes are really great bonuses. The only guy truly missing from all of this is Piper. Virgil is a waste and Sammartino is almost too old school to really fit into a modern game, but we'll see how he plays.

The only modern guy I'm all that interested in getting is Big E. Langston. The rest are kind of bleh, although I am going to create a Divas show in Universe, so I guess I will need those extra women. Surprised to not see Curtis Axel or Bray Wyatt, but I'm thinking they will be in WWE 2K15 now.

Still holding out hope for one last DLC pack next March for WMXXX, but it's probably a longshot.

PostPosted: Mon Oct 21, 2013 8:50 pm 
Modern Day Nephilim

Is that territory dusty or polka dot buffoon dusty?

PostPosted: Mon Oct 21, 2013 9:20 pm 
Site Admin

Polka dot buffoonery, of course.

PostPosted: Fri Oct 25, 2013 3:00 pm 
Skull and Bones Flunkie

Finally putting in my pre-order tonight. Only 4 days away!

PostPosted: Fri Oct 25, 2013 5:07 pm 
Site Admin

Still debating which game system to get!

I was close to getting an Xbox, but I remembered that only PlayStation has MLB: The Show, which is the only other game I played for the longest time. So I may get a PS3 now. Will totally decide on Monday. The price difference at this point is negligible. Both systems are about $200.

PostPosted: Fri Oct 25, 2013 6:33 pm 
Modern Day Nephilim

While you're busy deciding, I'll continue using the Amazon's outlaw choke to win matches.
:mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen:

PostPosted: Fri Oct 25, 2013 8:14 pm 
Skull and Bones Flunkie

Tim I'm the other person on your shoulder telling you to get the xbox, although there really isn't much of a difference between the two. That kin corn karn looks like he's about to chop somebody into oblivion.

PostPosted: Wed Oct 30, 2013 1:48 am 
Site Admin

Going with the PS3, sorry superdan. You get the game yet? I still haven't picked up my pre-order (or PS3, lol), but will be getting both this coming weekend.

PostPosted: Wed Oct 30, 2013 8:35 am 
Skull and Bones Flunkie

I didnt get the game yet its coming in the mail so I too will have it this weekend. I might just do the whole Wrestlemania mode right away haha. Cannot wait!

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 65 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next