The United States of Esoterica

Official forum of binnallofamerica.com
It is currently Wed Nov 22, 2017 3:21 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 65 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
 Post subject: Re: WWE2K14
PostPosted: Sat Nov 02, 2013 11:55 am 
Site Admin

Got the PS3 and the game last night. Only played for about an hour, because I was very tired, but so far it is pretty awesome. Have only done 2 matches in the WM mode. My only minor quibble is that they use JR and The King for commentators on all the matches, which kind of breaks the nostalgia a bit, but not too much.

"An artist has got to be constantly in a state of becoming." -- Bob Dylan

PostPosted: Sat Nov 02, 2013 1:12 pm 
Skull and Bones Flunkie

I played a couple of Royal Rumbles with some friends and everyone seemed to enjoy it a lot. So far so good but it looks like my days of owning the Royal Rumble are over. Ill be starting WrestleMania mode and maybe give The Streak mode a couple a matches tonight.

PostPosted: Mon Nov 04, 2013 3:26 pm 
Site Admin

I'm up to WMV now. Have unlocked Andre, Studd, Bundy, Hogan, Steamboat, Savage, and DiBiase. The Savage v. Steamboat match was fucking tough to do.

Having forsaken the Wii, I'm absolutely amazed by the Community Creations downloadable stuff that wasn't available to me on WWE13. I've already added Demolition and Roddy Piper to the game and will be fleshing out my 80's WWE league later on tonight.

I didn't know about the really awesome create an arena feature. I've already switched Smackdown to ECW and put all the technical wrestlers in modern WWE in that league and switched over to the old ECW arena as their arena rather than the bland modern arena. It's wicked cool, looks like they are fighting in a little armory or something.

RSS, you would love this game because you can essentially re-create Mid South from scratch via the stuff online that is free and made by other fans.

This game is going to get very addictive!

PostPosted: Tue Nov 05, 2013 1:40 pm 
Skull and Bones Flunkie

That Savage vs. Steamboat was really tough. Ive found that trying to beat The Streak is also very tough, Taker damn near reverses everything. I havent quite checked out the community creations but I definatley have to.

PostPosted: Wed Nov 06, 2013 12:08 am 
Modern Day Nephilim

I will go buy the system and game if I can play with these five:

You can create Ted dibiase wearing a black glove.
Terry bam bam Gordy.
Stan the lariat Hansen.
Steve Williams,
Don Muraco. -- oh what I'd give to see him hang Ricky steamboat from the ropes again.

PostPosted: Fri Nov 08, 2013 12:15 pm 
Site Admin

Haven't checked on those guys yet, but last night I added bam bam bigelow, bruiser Brody, and great muta to my roster via community downloads.

Superdan, where are you at in the WM mode? I just finished WM9 last night, wrapping up the Hogan era chapter. The Hogan v. Warrior match was kind of tough and the Yoko v. Bret match was pretty tough till I figured out how to do Yoko's super kick. That said, Yoko is bad ass. Can't wait to use him more.

PostPosted: Fri Nov 08, 2013 7:32 pm 
Modern Day Nephilim

Bruiser Brody? :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: This game is getting more intriguing.

PostPosted: Fri Nov 08, 2013 10:49 pm 
Skull and Bones Flunkie

Yeah these people really go nuts with their community creations which is awesome. Tim, I'm only at Wrestlemania V, Savage vs Hogan. I keep fuckin up so I've lost like 5 times in a row haha. However The Streak mode I did defend the streak and my first try I got up to 32 which I think the max is 50 but I'm not sure. This game is definitely the shit.

PostPosted: Sat Nov 09, 2013 1:26 pm 
Site Admin

Haven't tried the Streak Mode yet. May give it a shot tonight. Will probably tackle WM10 tonight, too.

Mostly played Universe Mode last night, fine tuning my rosters and finally made my Classic WWF league.

Finally found someone I couldn't get on Community Creations: Junkyard Dog. There were 3 there, but I wasn't too impressed. I did, however, get Bray Wyatt for my giants/brawlers league and grabbed Doink The Clown for my technical wrestlers league.

Kind of sad (for modern WWE) that I've de-activated a ton of low-level guys that I have no interest in using, like Santino, David Otunga, 3MB, and Darren Young. I've even de-activated some of the mid-card guys like Jack Swagger and Miz (sorry, RSS), but they could make a comeback if I get bored with my current rosters.

PostPosted: Sat Nov 09, 2013 5:06 pm 
Modern Day Nephilim

binnall wrote:
I've even de-activated some of the mid-card guys like Jack Swagger and Miz (sorry, RSS), but they could make a comeback if I get bored with my current rosters.

Understandable. Miz isn't a great wrestler.

Muraco, was pretty similar. A weak piledriver for a finishing move. He'd probably be boring in a video game.
Oh, but could he boast.
Oh, could he insult.

Ever see the donuts promo on youtube? Better than anything you'll see on RAW this week.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ReNOZ9OWHkA

PostPosted: Sat Nov 09, 2013 6:01 pm 
Skull and Bones Flunkie

I got Doink last night in creations also. Pretty pumped cuz I also got Earthquake and Typhoon and they both are made almost perfectly. Also got the Dudley boys and Kurt Angle but they aren't overly impressive.

PostPosted: Mon Nov 11, 2013 4:43 pm 
Skull and Bones Flunkie

Played a ton this weekend. Got lost in Wrestlemania mode and the next thing I know im up to Wrestlemania 23. Im not quite hooked on it but im close.

PostPosted: Mon Nov 11, 2013 7:22 pm 
Site Admin

Damn! WM23!! You've distanced me by quite a lot, bud. I'm still lingering at WM10. Was super tired on Saturday night, so I didn't play much. Have no work tonight or tomorrow, so I will likely dive back in tonight.

How did you like the Yokozuna match? I thought he was fucking bad ass in the game.

PostPosted: Mon Nov 11, 2013 10:16 pm 
Skull and Bones Flunkie

Yeah it all went so fast. Yokozuna has got some sweet moves for sure, I forgot how good he was for a big guy. There really wasn't one match that I didn't enjoy although some matches you don't have to do very much. The first DLC comes out tomorrow are you getting any of them Tim?

PostPosted: Mon Nov 11, 2013 10:56 pm 
Site Admin

Yes, I'll probably get the Season Pass so I can get all of them at a cheaper price. I'm crazy like that, lol. Want Mr. Perfect and Scott Steiner, specifically, but really want that 80's stars package that comes out in January.

re: WM matches

I was surprised at how easy the Hogan v. Sgt. Slaughter match was. Figured there's be some kind of shenanigans that would be required. Also, the Hogan v. Yoko match was kind of a joke, but I guess that is in keeping with the real life version, lol. Looking forward to diving into the New Generation WM matches tonight.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 65 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next