The United States of Esoterica

Official forum of binnallofamerica.com
It is currently Wed Nov 22, 2017 3:24 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 65 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
 Post subject: Re: WWE2K14
PostPosted: Tue Nov 12, 2013 10:59 am 
Skull and Bones Flunkie

Haha yeah I got the season pass right away. There really isnt 1 specific wrestler I want, I just want all of them. As for the matches they did throw some easy matches in there. I wanna say there are a couple more after Hogan vs Slaughter that all you have to do is hit your finisher and pin them. I think thats how I got to WM 23 so fast.

PostPosted: Tue Nov 12, 2013 10:42 pm 
Site Admin

Superdanwonder5 wrote:
Haha yeah I got the season pass right away.

Ah, good, maybe you can answer a question I had. I see that Season Pass comes with some thing that unlocks all the unlockables. I don't want to do that, though, I want to win them as I play. I presume you have to 'activate' the unlocking thing, but I'd like to know for sure. Don't want to DL the season pass and then realize I'd accidentally unlocked everything.

"An artist has got to be constantly in a state of becoming." -- Bob Dylan

PostPosted: Tue Nov 12, 2013 11:04 pm 
Skull and Bones Flunkie

Yeah you have to activate it. In the unlockables menu you get the option to hit square to unlock everything. At least that's how it was for me for WWE 13 and 14.

PostPosted: Fri Nov 15, 2013 2:06 pm 
Site Admin

Cool, cool. Thanks for the info. Haven't gotten the Season Pass yet but probably will this weekend.

I'm up to WM13 - Undertaker v. Kane, but haven't done the match yet. WM12 was brutal. Seemed like Diesel kept getting Specials and Finishers whenever Undertaker did, which made him pretty tough to beat. The Iron Man match was insane. I still haven't completed the historical requirements, but won the match. That overtime period is fucking madness.

Update to my Universe Mode. Three shows/brands - RAW (Brawlers & Giants), ECW (Technicians), WWF Classic (80's stars). Sitting out so far are all of the attitude era guys (Michaels, Austin, Rock, HHH, The Giant, Sting, etc.) until I get the NWO and decide what to do about the 90's era. Also, I am about one or two women away from launching the Divas League.

On RAW, Cena has the belt, but he's barely holding on to it in a feud with Brock Lesnar, while the Wyatts have just arrived and want the tag belts from Tons of Funk.

On ECW, CM Punk has the belt and is feuding with Antonio Cesaro while The Shield feud with Daniel Bryan, Ziggler, and Jericho. Will probably be reviving the cruiserweight division soon.

On WWF Classic, Hulk Hogan is champ and is feuding with Andre & the Heenan Family. Meanwhile, Ric Flair has invaded the league (w. big gold belt in tow) and formed the 4 Horsemen, consisting of himself, Ted DiBiase, and a freshly-turned Bret Hart. Speculation runs rampant over who the 4th Horseman will turn out to be. So far they have targeted Ricky Steamboat, Randy Savage, and Roddy Piper.

PostPosted: Mon Nov 18, 2013 3:37 pm 
Skull and Bones Flunkie

Well finished WM mode and I think it was better than last years attitude era mode. Just a heads up WM 24 triple threat match was a huge pain in the ass as well as Rock v Cena WM 29. Now I'm on to the universe mode, which will get very interesting when you throw community creations in the mix. I'm very impressed with some of these made wrestlers, it's crazy how much detail there is.

PostPosted: Mon Nov 18, 2013 9:47 pm 
Site Admin

I am up to WM19 now, Hogan v. Rock.

The much hyped rivalry mode in universe is kind of a disappointment, but there are still tons of options in universe.

Tried beating the streak with Diesel (since that gives you classic Taker), but it was super hard. I did defend the streak and got to, I think, 29 guys deep. Will try beating Taker with a more competent challenger and see if I can do it.

PostPosted: Tue Nov 19, 2013 2:31 pm 
Skull and Bones Flunkie

I tried beating the streak with the classic Kane and I would get so close only for Taker to reverse my finisher a million times. :evil:

PostPosted: Tue Nov 19, 2013 9:35 pm 
Site Admin

I think you probably need a guy who can rev up the crowd a lot and get multiple signatures and finishers so you can wear Taker down. Haven't played in the last few days, but hoping to put a dent in the game tonight after the live show.

PostPosted: Sat Nov 23, 2013 5:39 am 
Site Admin

I'm up to WM20 now. At first I was annoyed that you had to win 2 matches to save on some of those Road to WM chapters, but I kind of like it now, because it is more of a challenge.

Itching to take another shot at Undertaker's streak next time I play.

PostPosted: Mon Nov 25, 2013 5:47 pm 
Skull and Bones Flunkie

I've tried beating the streak with Kane, Shawn Micheals and Diesel. I still can't beat him. I came close with Diesel but you need to give him your finisher 3 or 4 times and I've only got to twice. Shits way hard but I don't mind the challenge, even though I probably won't have hair by the the I beat him cuz I'm ripping it out haha.

PostPosted: Mon Nov 25, 2013 10:27 pm 
Site Admin

I've gotten pretty good at using the damage focus and just wearing down one body part. I think that is the secret to beating the streak (haven't tried it yet on Taker). Had to work all weekend, so I'm itching to put some serious time into the game tonight. Will try this theory out on Taker and report back, lol.

PostPosted: Mon Apr 14, 2014 5:44 pm 
Skull and Bones Flunkie

Maybe the secret to beat The Streak you have to be BROCK LESNER!!!!! Im going to test this theory out tonight while I wait for the lunar eclipse.

PostPosted: Mon Apr 14, 2014 9:51 pm 
Site Admin

lol, that's not a bad idea. His character in the game is pretty bad ass. The only annoyance is that you have to beat the streak with either Bundy or Diesel (who are both fairly lousy) to unlock the classic Undertaker.

I actually haven't played the game in forever. I think I wrapped up playing around Christmas when I got MLB2K13 and started playing baseball all the time. I still have to download the last batch of guys that they released in January. I think my interest waned after I'd unlocked all the available legends and was only left with extra outfits and supplementary stuff that wasn't too thrilling to try and unlock. Can't even recall where I left off in the WrestleMania series.

I'd hoped that they'd do something cool like do a DL version of the WMXXX arena, but it doesn't look like they did.

I presume it is only a few months before we hear whatever the plan is for WWE2K15. I'm wondering if they'll move away from the historic mode and develop maybe a career mode where you start in NXT and move up to the main roster.

I wouldn't mind that, since Universe mode is still pretty buggy for what it should be and they've mined the historic stuff pretty well at this point, unless they do a Monday Night Wars edition, but I'd wait until 2016, since that would be the 20th anniversary of the 1st Nitro.

PostPosted: Tue Apr 15, 2014 1:39 am 
Skull and Bones Flunkie

binnall wrote:
I presume it is only a few months before we hear whatever the plan is for WWE2K15. I'm wondering if they'll move away from the historic mode and develop maybe a career mode where you start in NXT and move up to the main roster.

This is what I wanted when I bought the game. I got it last week. First wrestling game I owned/played since one of the Smackdown games back on the PS2. That game had something similar to that idea. You started off low on the roster and worked your way up to title shots and things. I have been playing Universe mode as close to that as I can. I made a stable of CAW's whose matches I play. I pretty much skip everything else unless I see an interesting match on a card. If none of my stable have any matches, I edit a match for them or have one interfere and hopefully develop a rival organically.
It's basically a makeshift career mode.

Not a bad game though, once you figure out the timing on the reversal system.

PostPosted: Wed Apr 16, 2014 10:38 am 
Skull and Bones Flunkie

Ok so im gonna chalk this up to rust as I haven't played in forever either. Tried BROCK LESNER and still can't do it. So I was thinking, im really really hoping that WWE2k15 isn't gonna just be for the new generation consoles. That would be a huge bummer.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 65 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next