The United States of Esoterica

Official forum of binnallofamerica.com
It is currently Mon Nov 20, 2017 7:20 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

PostPosted: Wed May 07, 2008 3:58 am 
Friend of the Illuminati

I'm sure a lot of you have already heard of it, but for those that haven't or are on the fence about it, Assassin's Creed is awesome. Set between the years 1191 and 2012 (yes, the 2012 date does come into play) you are Desmond Miles, a former assassin who must relive a specific time in his ancestor Altair's life, using a machine called the Animus for the purpose of using stored memories in his DNA for a medical research group.

When in control of Desmond, you pretty much are limited to walking around a lab and interacting with two characters and a couple of computers. However, when you enter the Animus and take control of Altair business really picks up. You have a few different attacks, a couple of different assassination moves and agility that puts Spider-Man to shame. Climbing to certain viewpoints allows you to see your goals on your in game hud and in the map menu you can set goal markers to help you guide yourself to them better.

So what makes this a game for the folks here? Let's see, you have secret societies, the 2012 date, political intrigue, backstabbing, basically everything you hear about on C2C without the fear of hearing Sean David Morton.

The game itself is best described as an action-stealth 3D platformer. The challenge is just about right for every level of gamer and the cities themselves are beautiful and citizens react to whatever you do, so you get the sense that it truly is alive.

So if you have a PS3 or Xbox 360, rent it or pick it up (Gamestop had it for 26.99 and they have a seven day return policy for used games in case you don't like it). It recently came out on PC so it's available there, too. I played it on the 360, so I'm not sure about specs for the PC version.

To give you an example of how much I love this game, I bought it the same day I got GTA IV, and Assassin's Creed hasn't left my system. Give it a shot, I think you'll like it.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed May 07, 2008 1:22 pm 
Presidential Hopeful

Yeah, Assassin's Creed is pretty sweet. The whole scifi plot twist was pretty unexpected, but the roof-jumping, crowd hiding mechanics are good times.