The United States of Esoterica

Official forum of binnallofamerica.com
It is currently Wed Nov 22, 2017 3:27 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Gaming on the cheap
PostPosted: Tue Sep 30, 2008 9:09 pm 
Friend of the Illuminati

With the way the economy is going, before long it might be hard for people to afford new games. Thankfully, most systems made today are backwards compatible in some form (either downloadable or off the actual disc). So while new games are going for 50-70 bucks, we have the ability to enjoy games from the previous generation and some of the overlooked games of this generation in the used section of our game stores pretty cheap.

What I'm suggesting is that when we see a good game for a good price at a national store or online, post it here along with the store and the price. Also, please list the system it is for and if it is backwards compatible (just use BC).

Maybe someone will find a new game they never heard of or tried, if nothing else we can help each other find some good deals.

Gamestop:
Xbox (BC): Crimson Skies: High road to revenge- 2.99
Xbox (BC): Spider-Man 2- 4.99
Xbox (BC): Star Wars: Knights of the Old Republic- 9.99
Xbox (BC): Star Wars: Battlefront- 7.99
Xbox (BC): Shenmue 2- 4.99
Xbox (BC): The Elder Scrolls III: Morrowind- 5.99
Xbox 360: Smackdown Vs. Raw 2007- 9.99
Xbox 360: Madden 07- 5.99
Xbox 360: Kameo- 9.99 (The game is a lot better than the reviews give it credit for)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Sep 30, 2008 11:19 pm 
Bilderburger Attendee

man those are some great games and those games will last you a long time.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Oct 01, 2008 12:02 am 
Friend of the Illuminati

SaucyRossy wrote:
man those are some great games and those games will last you a long time.

Actually, the best deal I've gotten in the last couple of weeks was when I went to a pawn shop and got River City Ransom (nes) and Breath of Fire II (SNES) for .99 each.

Anymore I'm all about gaming on the cheap. Lately Gamestop (I go there mostly since it's less than five minutes from the house) has had a 50% off bin plus you can use your 10% off card if you have one). I didn't list them since I don't know if it is at every store, but I got (all are Xbox360 games):

Spider-Man 3
Splinter Cell: Double Agent
Rainbow Six: Vegas
The Darkness

for less than 8 bucks each.

I don't know what happened, but anymore, the idea of paying 60 bucks for a game just seems crazy to me. I mean, there are a lot of great games out there that cost less than a ten spot, so why should I pay over six times the amount when I can wait a few months and get it for a lot less than 60 bucks.

I guess part of it's the hunt for a deal. It's a cool feeling to walk out of a store with four or five games and still have money left to do something else with.

Part of the reason I quit comics was the fact I was paying 3 bucks for five-ten minutes worth of entertainment. I look at, say Crimson Sky, that I got for less than 3 bucks which will give 20 hours of playtime and then try to compare that to paying more for an issue of Secret Invasion that will be read in about three minutes. No contest on getting more bang for my buck with games. Especially the way I buy games. :lol:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Oct 01, 2008 1:03 am 
Bilderburger Attendee

you got rainbow six vegas for eight dollars? that game is amazing. Truly next gen game! Good get.

Post subject: Re: Gaming on the cheap
PostPosted: Wed Nov 26, 2008 10:15 pm 
CFR Fat Cat

I think I got Medieval II awhile back for $3. Was a return and the store just wanted to get rid of it...works fine for me and has kept me entertained for some time....the only problem with these games, though, is that you can't actually fight the battles or it would take an eternity to play the game....

PostPosted: Fri Nov 28, 2008 9:48 pm 
British Royal

I was gonna sign up with gamefly. Many games I just want to play through once & that's it. Long term renting is a good idea I suppose.

PostPosted: Fri Nov 28, 2008 11:38 pm 
Friend of the Illuminati

vadersp wrote:
I was gonna sign up with gamefly. Many games I just want to play through once & that's it. Long term renting is a good idea I suppose.

I've never tried it, but the people I know that have swear by it. I couldn't do it as I switch back and forth between games too often. I like having a big hoarde of games that I can just put in and always have something to do in it.

PostPosted: Sat Nov 29, 2008 1:51 am 
Member of Trilateral Commission

River City Ransom for .99$?!?! Get out!!

I love that game...

"Mindfuck Sandwich" @ http://www.thestraw.ca/paulblog

PostPosted: Sat Nov 29, 2008 2:18 pm 
Friend of the Illuminati

Sacrelicious wrote:
River City Ransom for .99$?!?! Get out!!

I love that game...

Check Pawn Shops, dude. They rule. When it comes to games they don't know what they have. I went back to the same shop Wed. to find a cheap game for Thursday (I hate pro football, so TV was shot) and found Super Mario All Stars with and without Super Mario World for .99.

PostPosted: Sun Nov 30, 2008 1:30 am 
Oil Industry Executive

GameStop is having a sale on used games (buy 2 get 1 free). Not sure if this is nationwide or how long it's lasting, but, with a trade in, I picked up Ninja Gaiden 2, Bioshock, and Spectral Force 3 (haven't heard great things, but I have a weak spot for Tactical RPGs) for almost nothing.

PostPosted: Mon Dec 01, 2008 11:42 pm 
Friend of the Illuminati

Thanks Orpheus!
I went there yesterday and picked up Tiger Woods 08, Fight Night Round 3 and Sonic The Hedgehod for less than $36. I swear it was just last week that Tiger was 29.99 used now it's down to 17.99.

And hey, here's an idea that I use. I wait until the new year of a sports game gomes out, this year they will be '10, well that is when I buy the previous years version. They don't do any great leaps in technology and just put guys on different teams, but you can do that yourself and save about $40. I even do it with wrestling games, and with SvR '09's craptacular roster, I'm glad I got '08 for 19.99 lol