The United States of Esoterica

Official forum of binnallofamerica.com
It is currently Tue Oct 16, 2018 2:02 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 530 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34 ... 36  Next
PostPosted: Sun Sep 05, 2010 11:35 pm 
Hoagland-esque

May I suggest you prove that you are normal by ridding yourself of this obsession and getting on with your life.

http://www.theparacast.com

PostPosted: Mon Sep 06, 2010 12:00 am 
Bilderburger Attendee

Gene Steinberg wrote:
May I suggest you prove that you are normal by ridding yourself of this obsession and getting on with your life.

LOL...ok.... and what about Dr Jacobs and his HYBRIDS then? :D

"My Interest outweighs my belief"

PostPosted: Mon Sep 06, 2010 1:15 am 
Hoagland-esque

Do you think it's really worth being concerned about?

PostPosted: Mon Sep 06, 2010 4:04 am 
Friend of the Illuminati

Jeremy Vaeni Sucks! wrote:
What three jobs? :D

Blow, hand and rim?

PostPosted: Mon Sep 06, 2010 9:54 am 
Bilderburger Attendee

Gene, what are your three jobs?

PostPosted: Mon Sep 06, 2010 9:56 am 
Hoagland-esque

Gene, what are your three jobs?

Two radio shows.

Writing, online and elsewhere.

Computer consulting.

That's four if you count the radio shows separately.

Not to mention a fourth (or fifth) in the works.

The financial shortfall is strictly temporary.

PostPosted: Mon Sep 06, 2010 10:08 am 
Bilderburger Attendee

Oh, I see, Gene.

Well there's your problem: You're unfamiliar with the word "job."

The word "job" implies that you get paid for a service. What you've described are hobbies. You should maybe think about trading in a couple of hobbies for a job. With that money, you could actually pay for things like bills, rent, and perhaps even some medical expenses. Some jobs even cover your medical expenses with this thing called "insurance."

Google it, if you don't believe me.

PostPosted: Mon Sep 06, 2010 10:11 am 
Hoagland-esque

I appreciate your good wishes about my prospects for success. I would like to offer the same wishes to you. :)

PostPosted: Mon Sep 06, 2010 10:16 am 
Hoagland-esque

Oh, I see, Gene.

Well there's your problem: You're unfamiliar with the word "job."

The word "job" implies that you get paid for a service. What you've described are hobbies. You should maybe think about trading in a couple of hobbies for a job. With that money, you could actually pay for things like bills, rent, and perhaps even some medical expenses. Some jobs even cover your medical expenses with this thing called "insurance."

Google it, if you don't believe me.

You need an education about my situation:

Computer consulting is a job. I get paid for it. The presence of the Apple Genius Bar at several local stores, which provide free support, has reduced my income from such gigs, but I still get them from time to time. I don't do consulting free — ever, except for occasional phone support to existing clients.

Writing is a job. I have been receiving money for writing for several decades; I wrote 30 books. I got paid advances for them, and some even earned out, meaning I actually got royalties. When I sell ads for my commentary site, the writings are paid for.

The radio shows do have paid ads. Therefore they are not hobbies.

My current financial issues are due to extraordinary expenses that we couldn't anticipate or prepare for. Cash flow has also been slow in recent months due to the state of the economy, but not non-existent. That's all you need to know, unless you are prepared to help, and it's clear you have nothing constructive to say about the subject.

I'm also not interested in any more dumb comments that I waste money buying my wife a $1.29 cup of coffee, or paying 99 cents for a Pay-Per-View video (which actually didn't work, so they gave it to me later on free of charge).

But since you have your own issues, being out of work and all, I do hope that your unemployment benefits don't run out soon, or you have a decent nest egg to tide you over. It's hard for everyone these days.

If you're going to pepper your comments with more snide remarks, do me a favor and just get lost.

Meantime you might be able to find a little assistance with your reading acuity issues here:

http://www.tampareads.com/

PostPosted: Mon Sep 06, 2010 3:54 pm 
Bilderburger Attendee

Touchy, are we? I don't recall bringing up money for coffee or Blockbuster late fees or whatever. But this bit here I think needs to be brought up because it's misleading:

"Cash flow has also been slow in recent months due to the state of the economy, but not non-existent."

"It's hard for everyone these days."

Why do you keep pretending that this is a recent phenomenon with you when, as I stated before, you have been begging people for money behind the scenes since the Bush Administration? At least since 2007, that I can recall. I remember Dave being really embarrassed by your antics. The only one not embarrassed by you is you, it seems. And that holds as true for your large-scale nonstop begging campaign year after year as it does for your indefensible stance on Jacobs/Emma Woods.

PostPosted: Mon Sep 06, 2010 4:00 pm 
Hoagland-esque

Let me repeat this one more time (it was stated here previously): I was requesting money then for my sister-in-law, to help with her situation, which continues to this day. That was made abundantly clear at the time; also the fact that I cleared out my savings to pay her rent and other expenses for several years.

If you and others didn't understand what I was requesting, it wasn't for my lack of an explanation, which was fairly detailed.

As bad as things have been for us, they are worse for her, her husband and their severely handicapped child. Stop making up stories.

One more thing: "Emma Woods" is the one whose stance has become indefensible by dint of her inability to respond to and understand simple questions and comments, and her clearly obsessive attitude towards Jacobs.

My stand has been one of trying to be fair to both sides, despite the obstacles "Woods" puts in my way. If you regard fairness as "indefensible," you have some explaining to do. But I rather suspect you made up your mind when this whole episode began, and you were just looking for ammo to ambush Jacobs. Remember, I have never expressed support of his approach to abduction research.

I am interested in finding answers, not staging sideshows. If you have a different priority, all well and good, but please don't stand in my way. Thank you.

PostPosted: Mon Sep 06, 2010 4:12 pm 
Bilderburger Attendee

I'm not misrepresenting anything. You send out letters begging for money to pay rent, bills, and so forth. If that's because you went broke giving everything you've got to a relative or because you lost your arm in a horrible Billy Meier accident makes no difference. The fact is, for years you've been begging people to pay your way through life. Your reasons are your own.

"I am interested in finding answers, not staging sideshows. If you have a different priority, all well and good, but please don't stand in my way. Thank you."

Gene, you ARE the sideshow! Have you been following this thread or what?

PostPosted: Mon Sep 06, 2010 4:23 pm 
Hoagland-esque

You need to work on your reading acuity problems.

1. The newsletters about my financial issues were sent out this year, not three years ago.

2. The issues with my sister-in-law were clearly explained to you at the time and any money received then went to her.

3. I have been following this thread. Look at your contribution to the controversy and take stock of your behavior. You are doing nothing to advance the cause of paranormal research either here or by taking advantage of a troubled woman to advance what appears to be a personal vendetta against a UFO researcher. You want to bring that person down, there are ways to do that which do not involve tabloid journalism and sensationalism.

Let me know after you've taken the course at this site and we'll talk further:

http://www.tampareads.com/

PostPosted: Mon Sep 06, 2010 4:48 pm 
Bilderburger Attendee

You must get paid per click on that Tampa site....

"You need to work on your reading acuity problems.

"1. The newsletters about my financial issues were sent out this year, not three years ago.

"2. The issues with my sister-in-law were clearly explained to you at the time and any money received then went to her."

That is not in conflict with what I wrote. Soooo it's not my reading acuity that's the problem.

There's no point in going on like this. Anyone reading this can see the hole you've dug. That you pretend to be above it all is only half the fun. That you are still here, still digging, and have zero self awareness about what you've actually accomplished is... well... par for the ufological course.

I said this pages ago--there's no point in arguing with the man. He's never wrong. Doesn't matter how many people say it. Doesn't matter that Emma Woods herself says it. Doesn't matter that not one single person has defended him or his position. Doesn't matter that two of his own co-hosts have come here to say it.

It just doesn't matter. Gene Steinberg is never wrong. Wrong doesn't sell. And selling is all he's about. Pathetically, he's even horrible at that.

R.I.P. Cash For Gold Standard. We Hardly Knew Ye.

PostPosted: Mon Sep 06, 2010 4:52 pm 
Hoagland-esque

It's not a question of never being wrong. It's a question of my facts and your fiction. It's a question of people like you misrepresenting and misquoting my statements, and no doubt others. It's you imagining I hold positions I don't hold.

That's your cross to bear. It has nothing to do with whether my views are right, wrong, or somewhere in between.

It's also a question of your reading acuity. Let me know when you've overcome your problems and we'll talk.

Last edited by Gene Steinberg on Mon Sep 06, 2010 5:52 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 530 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34 ... 36  Next