The United States of Esoterica

Official forum of binnallofamerica.com
It is currently Mon Apr 23, 2018 7:18 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Tonight`s the night...
PostPosted: Sun Dec 05, 2010 2:23 am 
Low Initiate Freemason

... that reminds me that most of the time I`d rather kick myself in the nuts than listen to Ian. :mrgreen:

PostPosted: Sun Dec 05, 2010 7:22 am 
Modern Day Nephilim

:shock: that bad, eh? thanks for the heads up.

PostPosted: Mon Dec 06, 2010 2:47 am 
Oil Industry Executive

One day I hope a guest screams "You invited me on the show to discuss a topic, so why don't you shut your mouth and let me talk for a second, you know-it-all, pedantic little shit!!!!!" at Ian. I feel many people would find catharsis in this.

PostPosted: Wed Dec 08, 2010 3:38 am 
Y2K Profiteer

Yeah, that would be great! But you know if that happend, we would hear dead silence for a few seconds, then a long in depth sermon from Ion.

PostPosted: Thu Dec 09, 2010 1:29 pm 
C2C Annual Guest

I gotta say all the hatin on Ian is a little misguided. After all at least he actually "Reads" the books of the people he interviews. I like that because so many interviewers have no knowledge at all of the guest or their work. Also, George Noory is so bad that I always found myself counting the shows that had George Knapp or Ian and the occassional Art Bell interview. Then counting the shows where I had to abide Noory. I had to stop my streamlink account and this time I don't think I will start it again as long as George Noory is the face of the program. I hate that because it's not that I know or hate George it's just that the show has become mediocre since he took over. Lets just mail it in and play re-runs the final hour on Friday. I'm not paying for that.

PostPosted: Thu Dec 09, 2010 3:20 pm 
Modern Day Nephilim

gttalk wrote:
I gotta say all the hatin on Ian is a little misguided. After all at least he actually "Reads" the books of the people he interviews. I like that because so many interviewers have no knowledge at all of the guest or their work. Also, George Noory is so bad that I always found myself counting the shows that had George Knapp or Ian and the occassional Art Bell interview. Then counting the shows where I had to abide Noory. I had to stop my streamlink account and this time I don't think I will start it again as long as George Noory is the face of the program. I hate that because it's not that I know or hate George it's just that the show has become mediocre since he took over. Lets just mail it in and play re-runs the final hour on Friday. I'm not paying for that.

I think we all agree that GN is horrible. He doesn't take his job seriously enough. He doesn't prepare. He doesn't ask good questions. He's a goofball.

But then Ian takes it waaaaaaaaay too serious. He's a control freak, he talks down to the audience and doesn't relate at all to callers -- even the ones who actually ask good questions.

In a perfect world, Knapp would host M-F. Ian and Art would do one weekend show each and Noory would do infomercials on TV.

PostPosted: Fri Dec 10, 2010 11:11 am 
Oil Industry Executive

gttalk wrote:

Ian may read the material, but he's a terrible interviewer. He's on the other end of the spectrum from Noory. Where Noory clearly does not care, Ian is pedantic to the point of being obnoxious. He frequently talks over his guests, pretends not to understand basic concepts in order to be argumentative for arguments sake, constantly interjects with material just to prove how "smart" he is, he gets combative when it isn't called for, makes lame jokes, tries way too hard to make the show about him and not his guest, gets preachy when it doesn't warrant it...I could go on and on. He's better prepared than Noory, but that's about it. He's bad.

PostPosted: Fri Dec 10, 2010 12:23 pm 
C2C Annual Guest

Orpheus wrote:
gttalk wrote:

Ian may read the material, but he's a terrible interviewer. He's on the other end of the spectrum from Noory. Where Noory clearly does not care, Ian is pedantic to the point of being obnoxious. He frequently talks over his guests, pretends not to understand basic concepts in order to be argumentative for arguments sake, constantly interjects with material just to prove how "smart" he is, he gets combative when it isn't called for, makes lame jokes, tries way too hard to make the show about him and not his guest, gets preachy when it doesn't warrant it...I could go on and on. He's better prepared than Noory, but that's about it. He's bad.

Have to agree here but he wasn't always this way. Early on I thought he was a decent host, certainly better than what they were rolling out on a regular basis (Noory).

His present style is what he "developed" over the years.

And it sucks.

PostPosted: Fri Dec 10, 2010 1:00 pm 
Modern Day Nephilim

Ian wants all guests to be his "conversation partner" :roll: :roll: :roll:

PostPosted: Mon Dec 13, 2010 8:50 am 
First Time Caller Line

I remember one interview Ian did a while back, where prior to the show the guest something disparaging, though lighthearted, about C2C audience's intelligence.

Ian brought it up within minutes of the show starting and wouldn't let it go. The poor guest got to the point where he got quite short 'It's 2am in NY and you're still busting my balls over this??' (paraphrased). It was painful to listen to, and seemed so disrespectful to an intelligent and affable guy(he was an astrophysicist).

I mean what an ego. I listen to the show occasionally, but you're hardly out of line if you call the average listener out for being a bit dim.

PostPosted: Mon Dec 13, 2010 4:05 pm 
Modern Day Nephilim

hitechlolife wrote:
you're hardly out of line if you call the average listener out for being a bit dim.

Or the guy who hosts the show Monday through Friday for that matter. :lol:

PostPosted: Tue Dec 14, 2010 7:52 am 
First Time Caller Line

redsonsuperman wrote:
hitechlolife wrote:
you're hardly out of line if you call the average listener out for being a bit dim.

Or the guy who hosts the show Monday through Friday for that matter. :lol:

haha, I think then you'd be making a vast understatement.

PostPosted: Tue Dec 14, 2010 1:58 pm 
C2C Annual Guest

It's really a shame. I really wanted to keep up my Coast subscription but just couldn't justify it. When you are searching the coming week and just hoping for a guest host or an interesting show it's just not worth it. Noory may be a good guy and a great person to have as a neighbor. But, he is killing a really lengendary show. I wonder what Art Bell really thinks? Anyway, it's real shame.

PostPosted: Tue Dec 14, 2010 3:37 pm 
Friend of the Illuminati

Last Wednesday was the 30th anniversary of John Lennon's murder and I figured they would have a show about it. There's a book called The Lennon Prophesies that goes into detail about all the subtle hints in the Beatles songs and movies that allude to his death (sort of like the Paul is Dead hoax) and information that has come out such as the fact that the doorman that was on duty that night at the Dakota was a former CIA operative and other stuff like that. But I looked at the coming week and not a mention of it.

Oh well, I guess it would've took too much work for George and he wouldn't be able to use it to shill seeds or gold from Lear financial.

PostPosted: Tue Dec 14, 2010 5:53 pm 
Modern Day Nephilim

Primus wrote:
Last Wednesday was the 30th anniversary of John Lennon's murder and I figured they would have a show about it. There's a book called The Lennon Prophesies that goes into detail about all the subtle hints in the Beatles songs and movies that allude to his death (sort of like the Paul is Dead hoax) and information that has come out such as the fact that the doorman that was on duty that night at the Dakota was a former CIA operative and other stuff like that. But I looked at the coming week and not a mention of it.

Oh well, I guess it would've took too much work for George and he wouldn't be able to use it to shill seeds or gold from Lear financial.

BBC had a really interesting show on last week where they interviewed a bunch of people who were part of the band from their early days and they told all sorts of "secrets" about the band's drug use, etc.

I think they are supremely overrated as a band, but I found the show about them pretty interesting .