The United States of Esoterica

Official forum of binnallofamerica.com
It is currently Thu Aug 16, 2018 9:55 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 59 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
PostPosted: Wed Feb 09, 2011 12:40 am 
Modern Day Nephilim

Here's an Art update of sorts.

Norry indicated in his Coast chat tonight that he sent Art and lengthy email a while back and Art never responded to it. He said this was unlike him.

I wish there was just a definitive answer to this. Why doesn't Art just come out and say he either hates the show or just decided to retire and has no ill feelings for GN.

i think he owes the listeners the truth.

PostPosted: Wed Feb 09, 2011 3:22 pm 
Bilderburger Attendee

Just remember, this wouldn't be the first time Noory out and out lied in a C2C chat -- ED DAMES, MUCH???!!???

Who knows what is true. Not that I automatically side with Art against Noory and his corporate Premiere Radio Networks overlords, but almost.

Two other current C2C things: No. 1 you notice how the site is now running those shady "Work from Home" huge banner ads that are scams and featuring a giant photo of Noory's face with it, like he endorses it. Try clicking on it and check out the Sean David Morton-caliber ruthlessness of it all.

No. 2: I will argue this to my my grave: Noory was a very good host once. For about the first 3 or 4 years (maybe less) he really cared and the sense that he was trying was evident. Now he only exerts effort if he's having on a subject he cares about (which is ancient astronauts and about nothing else).

"This series presents information based in part on theory and conjecture. The producer's purpose is to suggest some possible explanations, but not necessarily the only ones, to the mysteries we will examine."

PostPosted: Wed Feb 09, 2011 3:39 pm 
Modern Day Nephilim

BTW, GN also mentioned that they've built a studio in Hawaii that he plans to use in the future.

From St. Louis to LA to Hawaii. GN really has carved out a nice little career for himself, eh?

PostPosted: Wed Feb 09, 2011 9:39 pm 
Oil Industry Executive

Lone Gunman wrote:
Just remember, this wouldn't be the first time Noory out and out lied in a C2C chat -- ED DAMES, MUCH???!!???

Who knows what is true. Not that I automatically side with Art against Noory and his corporate Premiere Radio Networks overlords, but almost.

Two other current C2C things: No. 1 you notice how the site is now running those shady "Work from Home" huge banner ads that are scams and featuring a giant photo of Noory's face with it, like he endorses it. Try clicking on it and check out the Sean David Morton-caliber ruthlessness of it all.

No. 2: I will argue this to my my grave: Noory was a very good host once. For about the first 3 or 4 years (maybe less) he really cared and the sense that he was trying was evident. Now he only exerts effort if he's having on a subject he cares about (which is ancient astronauts and about nothing else).

Noory did have flashes of competency early on. After Art's first retirement and the botched Mike Siegel nine month experiment of 2000/2001 (amazing how no one talks about this anymore. At the time it was so, so awful...), Noory seemed like a much better replacement. At first. But then I think he saw he could phone it in. To a certain degree, C2C runs on autopilot. There's very little competition in that timeslot, and he figured out he didn't have to put effort into it to keep the show running. So he's been operating on cruise control ever since that finally hit him. Furthermore, I think early on he knew he had to sell himself to the audience. Mike Siegel had been so poorly received that he knew he had to grab people right out of the gate if so there wouldn't be a massive revolt.

I've always found the Noory/Art relationship an odd one. In public, Art would profess to respect Noory and the direction he had taken the show, but then there are things like that Ham recording that indicate otherwise. Then there's fact that, despite Noory having been a host in some capacity since 2001, he never actually met Art in person until 2007. I think Art tolerated him for a while so he could keep the association with the show going, but eventually just got to the point where he didn't care anymore (hence no email reply).

PostPosted: Thu Feb 10, 2011 4:38 am 
Bilderburger Attendee

Really good points, all. No matter how bad Noor the boor is, Mike Siegel was an audio abortion. I was so heavily invested in C2C back then, I'd stay up every night until 4 (although my college schedule kind of helped allow for it, lol) and even I bailed out. Siegel nearly killed the whole franchise. It was all new-age shit every night and Barbara Simpson on weekends didn't help matters. They lost a lot of affliated under MS.

I do remember in the early days including when Art first brought Noory on for an introduction interview, Art would say "George gets IT. He gets the show, he gets the subject matter."

But I do think back to the time a weekend caller in the mid-2000s brought up a Pat Buchanan interview that Noory did earlier in the week (I won't miss weekend callers asking AB about shows from earlier in the week anymore like he would listen every night he's not working).

Anyway, Art was incensed and basically called PB a Nazi. He couldn't believe George would have someone like Buchanan on and was shaken up by it. Makes me wonder if that was one of the watershed moments for Art waking up to the fact that it was by no means his show anymore.

"This series presents information based in part on theory and conjecture. The producer's purpose is to suggest some possible explanations, but not necessarily the only ones, to the mysteries we will examine."

PostPosted: Thu Feb 10, 2011 11:33 am 
Shadow Person

8) The show is at it's best when it sticks to UFO,SPACE, LIFE AFTER DEATH,and TIME TRAVEL and TECHNOLOGY. A little health is good once in a while . I wish they'd do more history .

PostPosted: Thu Feb 10, 2011 10:55 pm 
Y2K Profiteer

I'd like a show with Bush, Cheney, Rumsfeld and Rove all hooked up to lie detectors.

PostPosted: Sun Feb 13, 2011 4:27 am 
C2C 1st Hour Pop-In Guest

Steve Quayle is a perfect storm of fringe lunacy, loneliness, and awkward communication. No real source on the time well and trapped vimana, of course, Noory doesn't at all seem interested in tackling credibility. I'm now fantastically curious as to how Art approached Steve.

PostPosted: Sun Feb 13, 2011 6:24 am 
Modern Day Nephilim

the.bard wrote:
Steve Quayle is a perfect storm of fringe lunacy, loneliness, and awkward communication. No real source on the time well and trapped vimana, of course, Noory doesn't at all seem interested in tackling credibility. I'm now fantastically curious as to how Art approached Steve.

not sure about Art, but are you aware of Ian's show with Quayle. There were some fireworks on that one.

PostPosted: Mon Feb 14, 2011 1:24 am 
Skull and Bones Flunkie

Norry sorta reminds me of "Handsome Dan" from Wayne's World. I used to listen every night when I worked midnights, but now when I try to listen, I can make it through about 10 minutes tops. I think the 'floating format' was the final nail in the coffin for me. It was about that time every show started to be about 2112, health stuff, and financial shit, as well as the last attempt at any effort on GN's part.

PostPosted: Thu Feb 17, 2011 6:56 am 
Low Initiate Freemason

As I stated, I've never listened to Art Bell or Noory, but an interesting thing came up the other day when Noory was on Alex Jones.

Jones was cheerleading for Noory to overtake Limbaugh in the ratings, claiming that Noory might very well overtake him by year's end, and praising him for spending time talking about the New World Order, global government, etc.

Seen this way, Noory's movement in the direction of health and politics might be a conscious attempt to overtake Limbaugh rather than a kind of flaky, unconscious drifting in the direction of other mediocre topics.

PostPosted: Thu Feb 17, 2011 1:40 pm 
C2C Annual Guest

I'm certainly not a fan of Rush Limbaugh. But, for charisma and bombast and competent radio I'm afraid George couldn't carry Rush's jockstrap. I don't even think Noory can carry Ian's. :oops: :mrgreen: :wink:

PostPosted: Tue Mar 01, 2011 6:25 pm 
Bilderburger Attendee

The latest from Art: On Feb. 18 he fired off a message to the fantastic forum, where he's been known to often pop in from time to time. He left a metaphoric rambling note about his kid (read: Coast to Coast). Check it out ...

Quote:
Hi all,

From sunny Manila, Philippines

It has been some time since I posted here. All the ABs are
well, both types.....those with and those without fur. Asia
could not be better, she is nearly four Years old and smart
as a tack, she has been in pre-school now for a Year and is
doing so well it is scary.

At this point my baby is just starting out in life but I fully
understand that one day my baby will get older and make
her own way in the World, no doubt doing things I do not
agree with or sanction in any way. That is life, babies never
stay babies as much as we would like them to, they grow
and find their own way and even if we do not like the path
they have chosen we have to get out of the way and let
them make their own mistakes, much as it may hurt to watch.
All we can really do is our very best in trying to point them
in the right direction and hope. It does not always work out
as we had dreamed and at the right time we have to let go.

We may return to the U.S. at some point for a visit or more,
who knows. Never say never right? I must say I am not sorry
to have missed the great Recession? the economy here is just
fine with GDP in the 7% range, we have a new President who
seems to be doing a great job and with Asia in school and so
many friends it is hard to consider a move, as most of you know
I love the Desert, it is majestic and very private but not the best
environment for a four Year old.

Ham radio is at last getting an assist from the Sun in a big way
with flares going on like crazy. My Ham call letters here are
4F1AB and I am mostly on 20 and 15 Meters talking to the
rest of the World.

I will try to post more frequently and keep you all up on the
latest from the Bell clan. I will always consider you all as
part of my Family.

Art Bell

OK. So we know he's had three or four kids in his life so fucking spare me the parental awakening shit, dude. Asia is not his first kid ever and I find it disingenious when he keeps acting like it. Obviously this is a shot at C2C. Obviously, it's hard to argue with him.
I wonder if there are any lines of communication still with Coast, or if that is over and done with.
At any rate it's good to hear something from the guy, even if it's indirect and cloaked in metaphors. Why burn the bridges, right? Maybe he knows he can treat Noory like shit, but it's network people like Lisa Lyon, Tom Gallante, and the rest of the crew that he is still cool with.

PostPosted: Tue Mar 01, 2011 7:26 pm 
Bilderburger Attendee

Do you have children, LG? Don't scoff, it's quite important in evaluating your comments.

PostPosted: Tue Mar 01, 2011 8:13 pm 
Bilderburger Attendee

No I don't, which makes me an expert (LOL). Seriously though, Art acts as if his past history doesn't exist. Those sending your baby out into the world diatribes make me roll the eyes when Art acts as if it's his first parental rodeo.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 59 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next