The United States of Esoterica

Official forum of binnallofamerica.com
It is currently Sun Jan 21, 2018 6:52 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 59 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
PostPosted: Thu Jan 06, 2011 2:15 pm 
Bilderburger Attendee

Also remember he already has two strikes against him for the Steve Quayle disaster.

That guy gets four hours and softball city questions every time he's been on since then as an act of appeasement.

Funny that this is the choch acting like a dick to callers. He should get this photo emailed to him on fastblast everytime he turns into an asshole.

"This series presents information based in part on theory and conjecture. The producer's purpose is to suggest some possible explanations, but not necessarily the only ones, to the mysteries we will examine."

PostPosted: Wed Jan 26, 2011 5:33 pm 
Presidential Hopeful

I agree with everything being said here.

I'm saddened that Art probably won't be returning to Coast, but his latest shows were relics of past greatness anyway.

Ian's interview style is nearly insufferable, and George is clearly phoning in the bulk of his shows. Listening to Coast lately is like watching an interesting movie, but having some guy standing up in front of you and talking on his phone.

Also, kudos on using acrimonious in a sentence, Orpheus. What a great word.

PostPosted: Wed Jan 26, 2011 7:24 pm 
Modern Day Nephilim

Khyron wrote:
I agree with everything being said here.

I'm saddened that Art probably won't be returning to Coast, but his latest shows were relics of past greatness anyway.

Ian's interview style is nearly insufferable, and George is clearly phoning in the bulk of his shows. Listening to Coast lately is like watching an interesting movie, but having some guy standing up in front of you and talking on his phone.

Also, kudos on using acrimonious in a sentence, Orpheus. What a great word.

Khyron, since you're from Minny ,I wonder how popular is Ian's morning show?
Is it just a station that draws in 40 year old moms dropping their kids off for school?

He's tough to listen to given Coast's subject matter, I couldn't imagine actually having him talk about mainstream stuff on a daily basis.

That show must ooze smarm.

PostPosted: Wed Jan 26, 2011 8:44 pm 
Bilderburger Attendee

Redson: from the impression I got, it's that Ian is the lovable, oafish, eccentric "out there" weird news guy that everyone else rolls their eyes at and goes, "That's Ian being Ian."

One of my images of hell has to be Ian on a soft-rock mommy FM station as a morning zoo personality.

Getting back to Art for a minute, you wonder if he took a buyout or what. I wonder if it was his choice.

"This series presents information based in part on theory and conjecture. The producer's purpose is to suggest some possible explanations, but not necessarily the only ones, to the mysteries we will examine."

PostPosted: Wed Jan 26, 2011 10:02 pm 
Oil Industry Executive

Supposedly it was his choice, based on some unofficial stuff I've read.

I can't imagine his current contract was paying all that much. 12 shows a year, no creative control. From what I understand, Primere Radio/Clear Channel already has the rights to all the older C2C material, so that likely wasn't involved in this, either. From everything I can tell, he was kept around for a monthly nostalgia kick and little more. He may have just been working year to year at this point.

PostPosted: Wed Jan 26, 2011 10:10 pm 
Modern Day Nephilim

Meanwhile, Noory is signed through 2018...ugh.

PostPosted: Wed Jan 26, 2011 10:28 pm 
C2C Annual Guest

redsonsuperman wrote:
Meanwhile, Noory is signed through 2018...ugh.

ugh indeed.

Makes me want to "believe" in 2012.

PostPosted: Wed Jan 26, 2011 11:26 pm 
Presidential Hopeful

redsonsuperman wrote:
Khyron, since you're from Minny ,I wonder how popular is Ian's morning show?
Is it just a station that draws in 40 year old moms dropping their kids off for school?

I've never listened to it, but the station it airs on is exactly as you described.

PostPosted: Thu Jan 27, 2011 2:51 am 
Bilderburger Attendee

Not that it's possible, but you wonder if with Art out of the picture if Premiere will ever unshackle the old Art Bell shows pre 2001 and fucking let us download them already.

To make a buck, they'll probably start charging for the newsletter email thing and send us one old show per membership on cd. Bitches.

PostPosted: Thu Jan 27, 2011 10:42 am 
C2C Annual Guest

I'm happy to say that itunes has a Art Bell podcast that has some of the old shows. I just downloaded a Father Martin interview and there are several others. I hope the greedy s.o.b.'s at Premier don't find a way to shut it down. I remember when you could go to artbell.com and download the previous nights show for free. It's sad the way Noory and the big wigs at the company have messed up such a groundbreaking show.

PostPosted: Sun Jan 30, 2011 5:09 pm 
C2C 1st Hour Pop-In Guest

The only shows where Noory doesn't murmur vacant responses from his vegetative state seems the ones with health topics. I just listened to the last conversations with Linda show, and he didn't really respond to any compelling stuff... It's really irritating... "Yeaaah, it really does..." "It's happening..."

Why bother if you're not present? If it's too much work, yield some time to other hosts.... sigh.

PostPosted: Sun Jan 30, 2011 6:10 pm 
Oil Industry Executive

Of all the things I can't stand about him, his inability to ask followup questions in the worst. So often when I manage to listen to a show, a guest will make an interesting point or remark and instead of jumping on that to mine good radio, he asks his next prescripted question like he didn't even hear what was just said.

He's basically a list reader. He has a list of questions, reads them, and has zero interview ability beyond that. He's really bad.

PostPosted: Sun Jan 30, 2011 11:26 pm 
Modern Day Nephilim

Orpheus wrote:
Of all the things I can't stand about him, his inability to ask followup questions in the worst. So often when I manage to listen to a show, a guest will make an interesting point or remark and instead of jumping on that to mine good radio, he asks his next prescripted question like he didn't even hear what was just said.

He's basically a list reader. He has a list of questions, reads them, and has zero interview ability beyond that. He's really bad.

I don't think he even has a list of questions anymore -- unless the author of a book gives one to the producers to pass along.

Half the time, he just let's a guest talk and then agrees with whatever they say, passing that off as an interview.

PostPosted: Mon Jan 31, 2011 1:10 am 
Merovingian

I defended Noory at first - - saying give him some time to create his own show and persona.

But alas - - he can't interview worth shit - - and he has no "edge".

This show needs an "edge". Art Bell - - being somewhat of an asshole - - had that edge.

But Art really couldn't or wouldn't keep up with the times and government conspiracy theories. I'm sure it is hard to let go of something you created and built - - but when you're done - you're done.

Walk away.

PostPosted: Tue Feb 08, 2011 1:58 pm 
Low Initiate Freemason

I can say that even at this late date I have never heard a single C2C broadcast.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 59 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next