The United States of Esoterica

Official forum of binnallofamerica.com
It is currently Sun Jan 21, 2018 12:37 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

PostPosted: Tue Mar 01, 2011 8:21 pm 
Modern Day Nephilim

VampElvis wrote:
Do you have children, LG? Don't scoff, it's quite important in evaluating your comments.

I totally agree with LG.

Art doesn't like the way his baby "Coast to Coast AM" has grown up?

Maybe he should have been a better father than and not given it away for adoption, or left it with people that want that child to be a cherry-blend smoking, Hollywood clown.

I don't care about Art's real baby or his grown-up babies.

But I think he owes Coast fans a straight answer instead of baby talk.

PostPosted: Wed Mar 02, 2011 3:40 am 
Oil Industry Executive

I think you kind of forfeit the right to bitch about something when you hand it over to someone else. He could have stayed on or a more behind the scenes "executive producer" style role with the show and sort of shepherded it along through those means. Instead he chose to leave and come back and leave and come back and leave and come back. So his metaphor kind of fails, because it's like a deadbeat dad bitching about how his kids turned out. He could have been in the picture in a creative/directorial position. He chose not to be.

Which hey, that's his choice. But you can't have your cake and eat it too.

PostPosted: Wed Mar 02, 2011 1:36 pm 
C2C Annual Guest

redsunsuperman and orpheus you both have hit it on the head. I really think Art was and is a great radio host. But, when you leave and act as if you don't care anymore it's hard to come back and bitch later and have any creditibilty. Also, the post about simply saying what you mean is a good one. He should just say what he thinks and means and stop trying to write a proverb. :wink:

PostPosted: Fri Mar 04, 2011 4:30 am 
Y2K Profiteer

I believe what Art is trying to say is his other kids went in the wrong direction in life and he loves the desert and the desert made his other kids go in the wrong direction and Asia is on an island with no desert so the chances are slim the island will not turn into a desert.

PostPosted: Fri Mar 04, 2011 3:11 pm 
Oil Industry Executive

Well, I don't know if he's taking a different approach to raising this kid, but based on what's known about his other children he's not gonna be winning any father of the year awards any time soon.

PostPosted: Fri Mar 04, 2011 8:55 pm 
C2C 1st Hour Pop-In Guest

Ok, my guess is that this is the first time AB has been an at home dad and able to be part of the whole process. Besides we change as we mature. What goes on in the past does not necessarily go on in the present and what goes on in the present does not necessarily go on in the future. Why take the two lady ABs away from family and friends?
How close is Hawaii to the Filipines? Close enough for a day hop?

My guesses being made I must say that I find it interesting that members of numerous boards find it necessary to second guess AB, and are still enraged by many things he has either done, not done or that they assume he has done or not done.

So let me goad the dragon and ask WHO CARES! Do you invest this much mind energy into your friends' and families lives? I sure don't. Yes, I miss his broadcasts, but you can listen on several sites to all the old AB you can handle, 24 hours a day if you choose.

AND there's also the fact that what was new, exciting, interesting when we started listening to AB back in the day is no longer new, as exciting or as interesting. The follow-up and continued following never has the same intensity as the original exposure to and investing mind time in a new bit of esoterica.

What you seem to want is an esoterica excitotoxin. And we all know now (or should by now) that excitotoxins are not a good thing. Not only does your body demand more and more, but they burn out brain cells and destroy the body.

Kinda reminds me of this http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=N6uEMOeDZsA And good luck with that! :lol:

PostPosted: Fri Mar 04, 2011 10:31 pm 
Oil Industry Executive

I don't care what he does or doesn't do. But there's a level of inanity in bitching about the direction of the show when he willfully handed control over years ago. And for the record, I've always separated Art Bell the showman and Art Bell the person. Art Bell the showman is great. There's a lot of evidence that indicates Art Bell the person is a bastard of epic proportions. His personal life is of no real consequence to me, but given what is known about his "parenting" (he ran out on his first two kids and his son was involved in a very horrific and awful situation in the 90's), it was probably ill advised to make a child rearing analogy.

PostPosted: Fri Mar 04, 2011 11:23 pm 

So Orpheus I gather that AB's message about raising Asia was a thinly veiled reference to the show? That would mean that he is having trouble letting go?
Well that's a shame! And no, that isn't sarcasm.

I applaud your separation of AB the showman and AB the person. I do the same.
As for how he treated his other children, all I know is gossip. I have never heard or read anything from the children or ex-wives themselves. It may have been a hail fellow well gone situation for all of them Ya know, good riddance and don't let the door hit you. . .
I do know he retired one time to take handle the problems of the specific son you reference. The situation was indeed horrific, as you state.

IMHO-until I read or hear info from his previous families I cannot judge though on the surface it does appear callous. And for what it is worth, my gut tells me there are some deep control issues involved now and in the past.

Look, the dude is what he is. If he wants to shoot himself in the foot by using child rearing analogies (if that is what he is doing) to refer to his prior show than it's his problem.

I only know that all these (here and on other forums) threads reposting and dissecting his latest messages just add to fuel to the AB fire, keeping him active in the minds of fans who still feel betrayed and giving him more publicity. Is that what he is trying to do? Or has he gone mental and are we seeing another celeb meltdown?

Personally I am taking all his messages at face value and not reading anything into them. If he is talking about raising Asia, he is talking about raising Asia as far as I am concerned.

He isn't the first person whose work I enjoy who turned out to be less than an exemplary role model and have feet of clay. It's always a bit disheartening to be disappointed and feel betrayed.

Maybe he'd get over it and stop hanging on to what is past if in the future we ignore it when he runs that negative mind tape again and fuels his own fire and reignites ours.

Just sayin'

PostPosted: Sat Mar 05, 2011 12:08 am 
Merovingian

A few years ago, there was actually an article, with interviews with the children from the first wife. They had never met their father or at least not since they had been old enough to remember.

PostPosted: Sat Mar 05, 2011 1:11 am 

Thanks Lesley.

PostPosted: Sat Mar 05, 2011 1:29 am 
Modern Day Nephilim

http://www.philadelphiaweekly.com/news- ... 28459.html

the story about his other two kids is from 2007.

PostPosted: Sat Mar 05, 2011 2:14 am 

Thanks RSS. I found the article after Lesley posted that there was such an article.

PostPosted: Tue May 31, 2011 11:01 pm 
Low Initiate Freemason

I don't think it's a good idea to judge somebody's personal life -- or fitness as a parent -- based upon scraps of information picked up on the Internet.

C2C is a waste of time. I'll listen to George Knapp -- he's smart, a good listener, and knows how to ask follow-up questions. Everything and everyone else associated with the show is beneath contempt. Radio by idiots for idiots.

PostPosted: Mon Jun 06, 2011 12:14 am 
Oil Industry Executive

mstuartm wrote:
I don't think it's a good idea to judge somebody's personal life -- or fitness as a parent -- based upon scraps of information picked up on the Internet.

You're right.

Which is why I've based my take on him from news stories, personal accounts, his own testimonial, etc. It's not exactly hard to piece together a puzzle with its all available out there. He was a very public figure for quite a while.