The United States of Esoterica

Official forum of binnallofamerica.com
It is currently Sun Jul 22, 2018 4:32 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: latest dames apperance.
PostPosted: Thu Jan 06, 2011 10:57 am 
Modern Day Nephilim

I couldn't even make it through the first hour without screaming throughout the house in anger.

GN got out the K-Y jelly on this one.

he puffs up Dames' resume and then talks about what a thrill it was to write the foreword to Dames' book.

then GN says he's going to first discuss Dames' misses, before talking about his hits.

This motherfucker then follows up by asking Dames to talk about his biggest misses. :shock: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll:

Rather than pointing out the most damning ones, GN just lets Dames control the discussion of his own misses.

But then it gets even more absurd.

GN tells Dames some of the ones that Dames considers misses might not be misses at all.

Really?

How can so many of these listeners be blinded by this bullshit?

GN should have been fired long ago, but this is him at his most deceitful yet.

PostPosted: Thu Jan 06, 2011 11:43 am 
C2C Annual Guest

redsonsuperman wrote:
How can so many of these listeners be blinded by this bullshit?

GN should have been fired long ago, but this is him at his most deceitful yet.

Here's the thing though, the listeners that are listening aren't listening anymore. I know, a bit of a Yogi-ism along the lines of "nobody goes there anymore, it's too crowded". I have not tuned in to 1 program in the last, I don't know, 6 months? This program has run its course as far as I'm concerned, at least with the current tandem of Noory and Punnett. The interviews that Noory conducts expose him as a clueless huckster on a regular basis and Punnett is seemingly content to smarm his way through every show. Knapp's occassional appearances can't save the train wreck C2C has become. I can only hope he doesn't get any taint on him.

I'll credit C2C in the 90's with rekindling my childhood fascination with the esoteric which ultimately led to my discovery of the goodness that is BOA. Hell, without C2C there probably wouldn't even be a Binnall (er, BOA, hehe, sorry Tim). Art's show back in the day has a lot to do with the many fine podcasts there are now I dare say.

I guess I should just leave it at...I've moved on. Thanks and Godspeed.

PostPosted: Thu Jan 06, 2011 2:38 pm 
Bilderburger Attendee

It's no surprise that this:

Led to this:

And as much as you have to love Art for everything he did as far as making C2C what it was and many of the great guests still in rotation, you do have to blame him for this shit.

If it wasn't for him there would be no Dames. Noory has just taken the relationship a step further. Dames is a fraud, but it seems like C2C just doesn't care. We can scream to the high hills, but it's no use.

The best thing we can hope for is a Sean David Morton-esque scandal with Dames who is already known as a crook if you do enough digging online.

"This series presents information based in part on theory and conjecture. The producer's purpose is to suggest some possible explanations, but not necessarily the only ones, to the mysteries we will examine."

PostPosted: Thu Jan 06, 2011 2:42 pm 
Bilderburger Attendee

And about that co-writer. Shocker that he's into screenwriting and is responsible for fucking up the adaption of the movie "Vampires" by Carpenter.

Quote:
Joel Harry Newman is a former staff reporter and editor for the Los Angeles Herald Examiner newspaper where he covered the crime, politics and entertainment beats. He added business writing to his portfolio at Adweek Magazine, generating award-winning coverage of the mad men and women of the advertising world. As a freelancer, he's contributed to such publications as the Los Angeles Times Magazine, Details, L.A. Style, PDN, and The Hollywood Reporter, among others. His screenwork includes story editor on the hit motion pictures "John Carpenter's Vampires" "Arachnophobia" and "Hollow Man." Joel and his wife Feryat divide their time between Los Angeles and their ranch near Joshua Tree California. He is represented by Alan Nevins, Renaissance Literary and Talent, Beverly Hills CA. Please visit him at his website: http://www. ....

"This series presents information based in part on theory and conjecture. The producer's purpose is to suggest some possible explanations, but not necessarily the only ones, to the mysteries we will examine."

PostPosted: Thu Jan 06, 2011 2:46 pm 
Bilderburger Attendee

This is a funny interview. Notice the end where he says he now feels that he's an expert in RVing. I wonder if he got a discount with Dames' DVD set.

Quote:
What led you to write Tell Me What You See with Major Dames?
I’d heard Major Dames on the popular night radio show “Coast to Coast AM” and rang him up. His work in remote viewing and the controversy it generated attracted me as a journalist; I wanted to find out more from the source. We struck up a friendship and working relationship that culminated in the book. It wasn’t easy getting a spy to talk openly about his life and intelligence missions, but after nearly 2 years of coaxing it all fell into place.

What was your process for writing it/collaborating? Getting it published?
It wasn’t easy: hundreds of hours spent together talking, laughing, reflecting, and trying to make sense of it all; organizing it in a way that would not only be entertaining but make the occult accessible to readers who’ve never been exposed to remote viewing. I wrote an extensive proposal for the book and sent it out to agents and publishers and was lucky enough to get a quick response. John Wiley & Sons picked up the book and we made a deal. My proposals are pretty detailed so I had a working outline the minute I completed it. I used that to do the hard part—writing the book.

What was your favorite part of working on Tell Me What You See? The greatest challenge?
The best thing about working on this project was the education I received (and hopefully our readers will) about the occult and its applications in the real world. It doesn’t get more real than how this subject from left field was actually picked up by the U.S. military and the CIA, million of dollars invested, and used for nearly 20 years before it was shut down. The notion this really happened and writing about it was the greatest challenge. There were times I found parts of it unbelievable, but it was my job to remain objective throughout the project. I had never even heard of remote viewing before this, and now I had to become an expert on it.

PostPosted: Tue Jun 28, 2011 8:27 am 
Modern Day Nephilim

Thankfully he was only on for the first hour, but they put Dames on with George Knapp this past Sunday.

Knapp did a show on Friday about a missing trucker in Nevada and then Dames was invited on for the first hour of Sunday's show by Lisa Lyon in an attempt to "help."

First take on this was that the Coast folks were purposely trying to dumb down Knapp's show. Nothing like eroding Knapp's credibility by forcing one of Noory's regulars on with him.

Perhaps this will turn out to be a good thing, with Knapp doing a folllow-up show if/when authorities find out what happened and calling Dames out for a wrong prediction.

Dames was pretty specific in his claim -- he said the guy was dead and his body was a certain distance away. I don't recall exactly how far away it was. I think he said 23 miles away but not sure of the direction.

PostPosted: Thu Jun 30, 2011 2:29 am 
Oil Industry Executive

redsonsuperman wrote:
Dames was pretty specific in his claim -- he said the guy was dead and his body was a certain distance away. I don't recall exactly how far away it was. I think he said 23 miles away but not sure of the direction.

In that case, the guy will almost certainly be found alive living in the Bahamas. With Art Bell's gold, I'm sure.