The United States of Esoterica

Official forum of binnallofamerica.com
It is currently Mon Jun 25, 2018 3:48 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

PostPosted: Wed Apr 18, 2012 7:20 pm 
Modern Day Nephilim

Interesting show with investigative journalist David Paulides.

in each case, there could be a completely plausible reason for each person's disappearance in the national parks/forests.

But, it it does seem a bit disturbing that there are so many unexplained cases that have never been solved.

This show probably only worked because Knapp was hosting.

PostPosted: Wed Apr 18, 2012 8:35 pm 
CFR Fat Cat

It was a great show.

There's something about people disappearing without a trace that is more unsettling than death itself.

You have to wonder if they keep a lot of those disappearances quiet so it doesn't effect the tourism.

That C2C show got me started on a disappearance kick.

I watched both seasons of Disappearance on Netflix after that.

"Let your life be a counter-friction to stop the machine" Henry David Thoreau

"Never go with a hippie to a second location." Jack Donaghy

"Hey, I know that dude" Jeff Spicoli

PostPosted: Wed Apr 18, 2012 11:14 pm 
Modern Day Nephilim

Veil wrote:
It was a great show.

There's something about people disappearing without a trace that is more unsettling than death itself.

You have to wonder if they keep a lot of those disappearances quiet so it doesn't effect the tourism.

That C2C show got me started on a disappearance kick.

I watched both seasons of Disappearance on Netflix after that.

Disappearance? Never seen it. Is it reality or a drama show?

PostPosted: Thu Apr 19, 2012 12:09 am 
Site Admin

This is, indeed, an excellent Coast episode.

Don't be surprised if Paulides ends up on BoA:Audio at some point in the, hopefully, not too distant future.

"An artist has got to be constantly in a state of becoming." -- Bob Dylan

PostPosted: Thu Apr 19, 2012 1:47 am 
Shadow Person

binnall wrote:

Don't be surprised if Paulides ends up on BoA:Audio at some point in the, hopefully, not too distant future.

:shock: If we are all still here you mean ? It is 2012 you know ? :cry: :shock: :roll:

PostPosted: Thu Apr 19, 2012 11:28 am 
CFR Fat Cat

redsonsuperman wrote:

Disappearance? Never seen it. Is it reality or a drama show?

I made a mistake, it's actually called Dissapeared it was on the ID channel originally.

It's a reality show, along the lines of all the the other true crime shows about people that have gone missing.

http://movies.netflix.com/WiMovie/Disap ... id=2361637

"Let your life be a counter-friction to stop the machine" Henry David Thoreau

"Never go with a hippie to a second location." Jack Donaghy

"Hey, I know that dude" Jeff Spicoli

PostPosted: Thu Jul 19, 2012 12:54 am 
Shadow Person

binnall wrote:

:shock: I heard the re-run of that show recently and it scared ME LIKE HELL !!!!!!!!
The music didn't make me feel any better either
:cry: I WAS REALLY, REALLY, REALLY ,DEPRESSED AFTER IT !
Some of the Sunday shows make me sorry to be alive in this world ..........REALLY !!!! :cry:

PostPosted: Sat Aug 11, 2012 7:46 pm 
First Time Caller Line

i found the interesting part of the show , was how the Park Service acted . It has been long time since i listen to this show . " We know you have the right see our records . We are not going to let you see them. ".

PostPosted: Wed Aug 15, 2012 9:36 pm 
Hoagland-esque

I have both volumes of the book, and I will tell you that the East Coast volume has me scared out of my mind.

I'm afraid to leave the house for the Big Bad Wolf :shock:

I read about 1/3 of the West Coast volume before I misplaced it :x , but from what I read, it wasn't nearly as good as the East Coast volume (which I'm now about halfway through). Maybe the West Coast volume gets better further in, I hope I can find the damn thing again so I can finish reading it.

Anyway the books have me believing that there's some truth to the Little Red Riding Hood fairy tales. Red-colored or bright clothing is a recurring theme, as is visiting grandparents, and a wolf or creature that eats people.

PostPosted: Thu Aug 23, 2012 12:43 pm 
C2C Annual Guest

Quote:
I will tell you that the East Coast volume has me scared out of my mind.

I have the East Coast volume myself. I haven't read more than a little bit of it but it was enough to scare me - especially since I've been making plans to thru hike the AT sometime in the next 3 years.

I don't think I'll be taking that book along with me for zero day reading.

PostPosted: Thu Aug 23, 2012 1:36 pm 
Modern Day Nephilim

I think he was on Coast recently again, but I haven't listened to the episode. Way behind on podcasts...

PostPosted: Thu Aug 23, 2012 10:38 pm 
Hoagland-esque

redsonsuperman wrote:
I think he was on Coast recently again, but I haven't listened to the episode. Way behind on podcasts...

Yeah Paulides only talks for about 15 minutes but it's worth listening to, and Whitley Strieber also had a couple good stories about disappearances. I thought Paulides was strictly taking the bigfoot angle but in this interview, he seems to entertain other possibilities.

PostPosted: Fri Aug 24, 2012 7:04 am 
C2C Annual Guest

In his 2 plus hour June 24th appearance on C2C while Bigfoot was mentioned, ufos or other dimensional things seemed to take up more possibilities. I like that he leaves things open ended with whatever evidence there is, so that he won't get pigeonholed by a particular dismissive. I like that he presents what evidence he has and leaves it up to us.

Now I know I'm not wearing my bright red Mars cap on my hikes.

PostPosted: Sat Aug 25, 2012 1:01 am 
Hoagland-esque

zaphrella wrote:
In his 2 plus hour June 24th appearance on C2C while Bigfoot was mentioned, ufos or other dimensional things seemed to take up more possibilities. I like that he leaves things open ended with whatever evidence there is, so that he won't get pigeonholed by a particular dismissive. I like that he presents what evidence he has and leaves it up to us.

Now I know I'm not wearing my bright red Mars cap on my hikes.

I got the impression he was a strict bigfoot guy from the books, from reading between the lines, because he never comes out and says it. That's what it seemed like at first. But now I'm not sure.

Most of it could be explained by bigfoot, but not all of it. It seems like bigfoot would be noisy, and many disappearances had witnesses who didn't hear anything. It really is like a portal opens up and swallows (some) victims.

There was a creepy case in the Eastern book where a girl said she spent some time in a house in the forest, while she was missing. It made me think of Hansel & Gretel. It's like she entered an alternate universe. That's why it was so interesting to hear Paulides describe (in the most recent C2C interview) an incident where a hiker felt like he encountered some weird dimensional shift up in the Pacific Northwest somewhere.

PostPosted: Sun Aug 26, 2012 7:22 am 
C2C Annual Guest

In another East Coast incident one person was seen looking off in direction then seemingly stepping off in that direction. When others ran up to the area there was no way the person could have stepped off like that without leaving a tumbled body at the base of the hill - there was no body.

To me, that sounds dimensional. I don't think there 's any 1 single explanation for all of the incidents. Some might be wildmen of some sort, bigfoot. Others might be big bird or ufo. While other things might be dimensional and even more explanations about which we have no clue.

Any which way you may believe, it's still scary as hell.

It makes me wonder, what kind of thing would you see which would be so compelling that you step off into it without thinking for a minute, can you get back?