The United States of Esoterica

Official forum of binnallofamerica.com
It is currently Fri Jun 22, 2018 8:30 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Art hammers the Noor!
PostPosted: Fri Aug 30, 2013 3:34 pm 
Bilderburger Attendee

Art Bell posted this on his Facebook Page, saying that GN was not his choice. I wonder if he did have an opinion, and who it was?

Quote:
I guess it is about time to straighten a few things out. I had no input or voice into the choice of George Noory as Host...none. He recently, after Dark Matter was announced dropped my name from mention then he says put it back because it was the right thing to do, nonsense, he did it so he could stop open line callers from being cut off because they kept trying to mention my new show. That is why he announced it. I wanted my name dropped from the show as well as my Saturday shows stopped to be blunt because I hated the direction the show had taken and no longer wanted to be associated with it. George is I am sure a nice guy BUT he has become lazy and does not pay attention. I am sorry to be so blunt but that's how I feel. I hope what little competition I can provide will cause him to up his game.

"This series presents information based in part on theory and conjecture. The producer's purpose is to suggest some possible explanations, but not necessarily the only ones, to the mysteries we will examine."

PostPosted: Sat Aug 31, 2013 8:37 am 
Low Initiate Freemason

Art is not in direct competition with Noorey.

PostPosted: Sat Aug 31, 2013 8:55 pm 
Hoagland-esque

I agree with Art that Noory must be a nice guy. He sounds like a sweet old guy and loves his grandchildren. He's not very evocative or critical as a host though. Knapp and Wells give a much better flavor to the show, the former with his journalistic prowess, the latter with his edginess.

PostPosted: Sun Sep 01, 2013 1:07 am 
CFR Fat Cat

I think Art was just being honest. I really like Knapp, and when the guests are good,
it's decent, but the show has definitely declined since the Bell era C2C. Art Bell is just
thrilling to listen to, raw, spontaneous. Definitely want to check out Bell's new show,
but Sirius is a little pricey.

"Let your life be a counter-friction to stop the machine" Henry David Thoreau

"Never go with a hippie to a second location." Jack Donaghy

"Hey, I know that dude" Jeff Spicoli

PostPosted: Wed Sep 04, 2013 1:27 am 
Merovingian

Who needs Coast to Coast or Dark Matter when you have Binnal of America Audio?

PostPosted: Thu Sep 05, 2013 1:31 am 
Bilderburger Attendee

One problem with Noory is that he sounds bored at times, his interest wanes and his questions suffer as a result.

When he is invested in a topic or guest like with ancient astronauts, you can tell he's into it and you're in for a treat.

I really hope he isn't at the point where he's emotionally checked out or gotten lazy and he's a hostage to the C2C brand as well as his lengthy contract.

At least this last message from Art wasn't just lobbing bombs and stoking a rivalry, but seemed to come with some substance and thought. There have been minor hints over the last couple years that were more incendiary.

"This series presents information based in part on theory and conjecture. The producer's purpose is to suggest some possible explanations, but not necessarily the only ones, to the mysteries we will examine."