The United States of Esoterica

Official forum of binnallofamerica.com
It is currently Sun Oct 21, 2018 8:59 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

PostPosted: Fri Oct 11, 2013 3:07 pm 
Bilderburger Attendee

Been listening to one or two a week from the archive at work. The only really terrible one was the one with the kid on the cell phone who he just lost midshow. That clown had no business being interviewed. Other than that I've not been disappointed in my limited listening.

PostPosted: Sun Oct 13, 2013 2:20 pm 
Low Initiate Freemason

The only one I've listened to since that first week was the Strieber interview. I thought Strieber came off a bit loopy.

They seem to be playing to the straight crowd, figuring that Sirius/XM is a new audience with a lot of non-believers. I think that may be why the show seems to be a bit heavy on scientists or debunkers so far, relatively speaking. Seems a bit ill at ease/not ready to go all-out into La La Land.

PostPosted: Mon Oct 21, 2013 9:36 pm 
Low Initiate Freemason

The John Hogue interview did not go well. Hogue and Bell are having words on Facebook. I hate to take sides but I think Hogue has the points behind him.

PostPosted: Mon Nov 04, 2013 7:57 pm 
Low Initiate Freemason

Dark Matter is canceled.
http://www.freerepublic.com/focus/chat/3087484/posts?page=1

PostPosted: Tue Nov 05, 2013 9:00 am 
Modern Day Nephilim

This is nuts.

His explanation made no sense. He wanted Sirius to allow for free radio. That's NOTwhat they are.

I wondered why they were allowing people to put the full shows up on YouTube the night after they aired.

He really screwed his loyal fan base this time.
What a gigantic clusterfck this comeback became.

And sadly, I bet an undeserving radio host will end up chirping about a victory in the no-so-distant future.

The 30 day trial came and went and now the poor suckers who actually went out and bought a radio/subscription are now stuck --- not that there are probably a huge number of those folks.

And he complained about the radio cutting out and blaming folks for not going past the free trial period.

There aren't many -- but there are a few quality podcasts to listen to, starting with BoA, so Art's departure isn't a giant loss.

:shock: :shock: :shock:

PostPosted: Tue Nov 05, 2013 8:37 pm 
Hoagland-esque

Here's another article with a bit more explanation: http://www.examiner.com/article/art-bel ... conditions

I don't think it's a huge loss either. Art was not in top form and it just wasn't working. I was enjoying BoA and C2C more, especially the Knapp and Wells shows.

Let's face it, Tim brings a unique casualness to his podcasts no one else I've heard can pull off. Makes you feel like you're having a cupla beers with him and his guest. Knapp and Wells are just great news junkies, journalists and interviewers.

Oh well.

PostPosted: Wed Nov 06, 2013 12:04 am 
Modern Day Nephilim

Yep, I agree.
1. BoA.
2. Coast with knapp.

-----

2nd tier
Clyde Lewis
Greg bishop

-----
The rest....

PostPosted: Wed Nov 06, 2013 3:33 am 
First Time Caller Line

I don't post much here but thought I would chime in. I have listened to Art from way back in 1994 or 1995 when he first had the Philadelphia Experiment guy on (Al Bielik?). Recently I have been listening to Art via a shared account between a few friends. I mostly listened to on demand shows and the shows kept me pretty entertained. I liked that Art challenged guests like Hoagland when they did need to be challenged. However, after these latest shenanigans I don't think I would follow Art down the wormhole to another incarnation. I am glad that I didn't pay for any equipment and we only paid for the web streaming.

I haven't listened to C2C in probably 4-5 years other than the occasional 5-10 minutes here and there while brushing my teeth before bed on the bathroom AM radio. The only thing that is worth a damn anymore IMO are the homegrown podcasts like BOAA. Tim I have been listening/watching paranormal media since I was a kid in the 70s and I really appreciate the fact that you are trying to put a fresh spin on these topics whether it is some new phenomenon that comes on the scene or an almost forgotten story from days gone by that hasn't been done to death (I am looking at you Roswell, Rendelsham, and Kecksburg).

You have given me hours of solid entertainment and I plan on donating my Dark Matter funds to you to help make sure you are around for more great shows in the future.

Thanks Tim.

PostPosted: Wed Nov 06, 2013 4:54 am 
Low Initiate Freemason

I think Art Bell is (or was) a master showman. But he's as erratic as the day is long. What's this? The fourth time he's quit his own show?

I've listened to Dark Matter off and on as the guests permitted. On the whole it was good listening (when the guests were good) but he's now too old. He's grumpy and crotchety.

I agree that the explanation is bogus. This latest cop-out is either prima donna behavior to cause a groundswell of support (probably lacking this time) or just laziness disguising its reasons for wanting to quit.

PostPosted: Wed Nov 06, 2013 5:36 am 
Low Initiate Freemason

I'm waiting to see this headline:

'Wanna Take a Ride?' Art Bell Takes His Listeners for a Ride