The United States of Esoterica

Official forum of binnallofamerica.com
It is currently Fri Sep 21, 2018 3:14 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: 96 degrees in mid June
PostPosted: Wed Jun 15, 2005 8:47 am 
Bohemian Grove Member in Good Standing

It is 96 degrees in mid June. Totally unheard of for this area and a new record. It is a good thing that Rush Limbough has explained to me that global warming/climate change doesn't exist. I might have believed that it did.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jun 15, 2005 9:00 am 
Member of Trilateral Commission

Actually, he says it's not man made, and people who drive SUV's are not soley responsible.
I think it is actually caused by cycles of the sun, same as when we have very cold spells. Hot summer usually means cold winter and bad storms. Look at the extremes just last year. Very hot, very cold, record storms.

It was funny last winter when Al Gore went to NY to give a speech on global warming, and they had a record cold day. Seems like whenever someone comes forth with "proof" of global warming, old man winter bites them on the ass.

I think we should just refer to it as cyclical climate variation.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jun 15, 2005 11:58 am 
Merovingian

You listen to Rush?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jun 15, 2005 12:11 pm 

Sometimes. I also listen to Glenn Beck, George Noory, Dr. Laura, Whitley Strieber, Phil Hendrie, and Michael Savage.

I probably hear at least one show from each per week, but I tend to catch George and Phil most of all.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jun 15, 2005 3:08 pm 
Merovingian

We have only one talk radio station here - - - I think I'm lucky they even allow C2C on it.

This is a very conservative Christian military base town - with a lot of Veterans. The number of Christian churches on every corner could rival the bible belt.

Many businesses blast Rush on the radio during business hours.

The line up is: "local Rush Wanabe morning show" - followed by Rush - Hannity - Dr Dean Edell - Jim Rome (sports) - Dr Laura - C2C.

Tough town for a Liberal Republican.

IMO Rush is a pathetic Clown - - - but for some reason I do like Savage - - maybe because he is so straight and to the point - even though I rarely agree with him. (I used to listen to Savage in Los Angeles)

I don't know Glenn Beck or Phil Hendrie - - - - sure wish we had more variety here. I read that we are the number one subscriber for one of the satelite radio stations.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jun 15, 2005 9:44 pm 

Degataga wrote:
Sometimes. I also listen to Glenn Beck, George Noory, Dr. Laura, Whitley Strieber, Phil Hendrie, and Michael Savage.

I probably hear at least one show from each per week, but I tend to catch George and Phil most of all.

Common Degataga, listen to alittle Air America. Listen to both sides and make a decision based upon that. M.Savage, R.Limbough, Glenn Beck, Sean Hannity are all annoying right wing hacks.

Try to give Randy Rhodes, Mike Mallone, and even... Jerry Springer a chance.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jun 15, 2005 9:49 pm 

Degataga wrote:
Actually, he says it's not man made, and people who drive SUV's are not soley responsible.
I think it is actually caused by cycles of the sun, same as when we have very cold spells. Hot summer usually means cold winter and bad storms. Look at the extremes just last year. Very hot, very cold, record storms.

It was funny last winter when Al Gore went to NY to give a speech on global warming, and they had a record cold day. Seems like whenever someone comes forth with "proof" of global warming, old man winter bites them on the ass.

I think we should just refer to it as cyclical climate variation.

Really even Rush now agrees that earth is warming. To believe that carbon dioxide has nothing to do with it is absurd. We need to start building wind mills, geo thermal plants, and tide generators. However, the greed of the oil and gas companies will prevent this. They would rather bring us all down then give up their massive wealth.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jun 16, 2005 2:29 am 

dark matter wrote:
Degataga wrote:

Common Degataga, listen to alittle Air America. Listen to both sides and make a decision based upon that. M.Savage, R.Limbough, Glenn Beck, Sean Hannity are all annoying right wing hacks.

Try to give Randy Rhodes, Mike Mallone, and even... Jerry Springer a chance.

Beck is a comedian, and I find him quite humorous. Have you spent any time listening to him? I guess you can't appreciate him fully unless you are a christian conservative, though.

Phil Hendrie is a comedian, and a democrat, who sees where the party is headed.

Hannity wasn't on my list. He's like a parrot, sitting on Rushs shoulder, learning his lines. Like watching "Eddie Munster" all grown up. Could John Kerry be his dad?

I tried to listen to Air America once, but with the annoying whine of Franken, I didn't get much out of it except a headache. I never like him, all the way back to his SNL days, and never thought he was funny, or talented. It's not just his politics I can't take. It's everything about him.

I have listened to Randy Rhodes. I just have a different view, and don't enjoy listening to that viewpoint.

Jerry Springer. I just can't. Sorry. I know he's a smart guy, but I cant take him seriously.

You'll notice that the two show I catch most are Phil and George. George tries to walk the fence, and pulls it off mostly, but he annoys me a lot when he shifts positions with different guests. That and his bumbling up pronounciations.

Hendrie is just funny. Best of the whole group, by far.

Listen to this skit. He does all the voices, and nearly loses it a couple of times.
http://anywhereenterprises.com:80/1/1/a ... ApQZOAApQZ

1mb download

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jun 16, 2005 11:45 am 
Merovingian

I love Air America - - - - IMO - - they are one of the most Honest shows available.

They may be liberal based - - - but they are honest in showing both sides.

Let me make Honest clear. Yes - their way of thinking is more liberal - - but when they agree with the right - - they say so - - - and they allow conservative call ins.

I am a Liberal Republican - - - - - Right Wing Conservative is an entity on to itself.