The United States of Esoterica

Official forum of binnallofamerica.com
It is currently Wed Dec 12, 2018 1:01 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

PostPosted: Mon Sep 21, 2009 2:41 am 
Site Admin

They made a spin-off of MonsterQuest called MysteryQuest and it is excellent. Very much the same as MonsterQuest, but with esoteric mysteries instead of monsters. Same narrator and everything.

Anyway, the 1st episode was dealing w. Hitler's death and if he really died or not. They actually got samples from the skull in Russia that is purportedly Hitler's skull and DNA tested it and found out that it was actually a woman's skull ! Pretty wild stuff.

Next week is on Bermuda Triangle.

"An artist has got to be constantly in a state of becoming." -- Bob Dylan

PostPosted: Thu Sep 24, 2009 2:03 pm 
Site Admin

Anyone see this yet? It was very, very good.

"An artist has got to be constantly in a state of becoming." -- Bob Dylan

PostPosted: Thu Sep 24, 2009 3:30 pm 
Modern Day Nephilim

I'm setting the DVR up for this one....

PostPosted: Thu Sep 24, 2009 5:17 pm 
Friend of the Illuminati

I saw an afternoon replay, but when it got to the point of the guy gettin g the skull fragments I had to leave for a dentists appt. I've been wanting to see it again, but all I ever see them play is Ice Road Truckers. Which brings me to this short rant...

Who the hell decided that Ice Road Truckers is a good fit for a station called the History Channel? Maybe Discovery, but for God's sake History? Remember how during Easter week they used to always have different shows about stuff like the Shroud of Turin and other things that have to do with Jesus, this year they had a marathon of IRT. Maybe I'm alone in my hatred of that show, but I had to get it off my chest.

PostPosted: Fri Sep 25, 2009 4:27 pm 
Oil Industry Executive

Primus wrote:
I saw an afternoon replay, but when it got to the point of the guy gettin g the skull fragments I had to leave for a dentists appt. I've been wanting to see it again, but all I ever see them play is Ice Road Truckers. Which brings me to this short rant...

Who the hell decided that Ice Road Truckers is a good fit for a station called the History Channel? Maybe Discovery, but for God's sake History? Remember how during Easter week they used to always have different shows about stuff like the Shroud of Turin and other things that have to do with Jesus, this year they had a marathon of IRT. Maybe I'm alone in my hatred of that show, but I had to get it off my chest.

You aren't alone. I hate Ice Road Truckers and all the shows of its ilk (The logger show, the oil rig show on Tru TV and Deadliest Catch, which started this fad). They're so one note and crappy. We get it- it's a tough dangerous job. Move along.

PostPosted: Tue Sep 29, 2009 11:00 pm 
British Royal

I'm digging this show too. Been good so far..

Tomorrow night is the Zodiac Killer. Speaking of which, whatever happened with the guy that said it was his dad & geve evidence to the FBI? I hope they bring that up.

PostPosted: Wed Sep 30, 2009 2:16 pm 
Friend of the Illuminati

For those with Digital cable, they have it on History Channel under the Freezone or Freeplay sections of InDemand or OnDemand (depends on your cable provider for the names). I just found it this morning and will watch it later on.

Last edited by Primus on Wed Sep 30, 2009 2:18 pm, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Wed Sep 30, 2009 2:17 pm 
Friend of the Illuminati

Sorry, Double Post

PostPosted: Wed Sep 30, 2009 9:25 pm 
Y2K Profiteer

The Russians just thought the skull was Hitlers, but the main evidence is the jaw bone they found with his teeth that were confirmed by his dental records. Or it was from a body double and he is still alive and well living in Brazil.

PostPosted: Sun Apr 25, 2010 4:45 am 
Classic C2C Prognosticator

This and all post WWII Nazi stories are fascinating.

Just watched The Odessa File on Netflix. with Jon Voight. A good film really, and Tim should really get as many people interviewed as possible about the Nazi ratlines, and etc. as possible. It's a fascinating story from any angle. From the side of the holocaust survivors like Simon Wiesenthal, it's a manhunt story. From the side of former German WWII officers and soldiers it's the opposite end, that of the fugitive from the law. I knew a girl whose grandmother (a former Hitler youth member) would, when irritated with something or other, shout SIG HEIL, and storm out of the room (this I heard second hand, of course grandma was nice when I met her in person, so I don't know for sure. Anyway, the nazi network stretches around the world, in one way or another, of that we can be sure.

PostPosted: Mon Apr 26, 2010 12:35 pm 
Low Initiate Freemason

The thing is, all of the original Nazis are either dead or so old that they're probably senile. So the really interesting question is what, if anything, did they put into place to preserve the legacy? Is it more a mindset than anything else now, or is there actually a secret cabal of second- and third-generation, swastika-saluting little Martin Bormanns scurrying around the world?

PostPosted: Mon Apr 26, 2010 1:57 pm 
Skull and Bones Flunkie

I haven't seen the show yet, but I will check the 'on demand' thing and see if its there, sounds like a good show.

I have heard about the skull fragments being proven to not belong to Hitler before. There is also some debate about the jaw bone. Either way, he is long dead by now. Wasn't he born in the 1880's?

One thing I find interesting about the History Channel is there is always tons of Nazi shows on. And not all of them are all that critical of the Nazis either. I guess they could just be reporting things objectively. They are so regular, they may as well change the name to the Hitler Channel lol.

PostPosted: Mon Apr 26, 2010 5:35 pm 
Low Initiate Freemason

Better that than more crap about swamp loggers and ice road truckers. Besides the fact that, yes, both groups existed in the past, WTF are those shows doing on something called the "History Channel"

Reminds me of the days when you could actually find interesting science stuff on The Learning Channel. (They used to run James Burkes' programs.) Now they pimp little people with an exhibitionist streak and bitchy wedding-dress buyers.

PostPosted: Tue Apr 27, 2010 3:06 pm 
Skull and Bones Flunkie

mstuartm wrote:
Better that than more crap about swamp loggers and ice road truckers. Besides the fact that, yes, both groups existed in the past, WTF are those shows doing on something called the "History Channel"

Reminds me of the days when you could actually find interesting science stuff on The Learning Channel. (They used to run James Burkes' programs.) Now they pimp little people with an exhibitionist streak and bitchy wedding-dress buyers.

I agree with you 100% The specialty channels all seem to lose their focus after some point in time. Whenever some trend comes around.

I used to love TLC before it became a reality show freakshow channel. I miss Beakman's World lol.

But that's the problem. Reality show trends killed everything. Discovery, TLC, History Channel are all rife with them. They are not the only channels that have went that way, but I don't really care about the other ones.

History channel still pumps out some decent new series though. Life after people, Ancients behaving badly, and there is another one that came out recently that I watch, but I can't think of the name at the moment. So it's not complete shit just yet lol.

PostPosted: Wed Apr 28, 2010 8:23 am 
Bilderburger Attendee

Stucifer wrote:

History channel still pumps out some decent new series though. Life after people, Ancients behaving badly, and there is another one that came out recently that I watch, but I can't think of the name at the moment. So it's not complete shit just yet lol.

I disagree. History Channel is nothing but a propaganda mouthpeice and a progressive programming tool. Life after people is a population reduction piece of garbage. I watched this at a friends house and I was awestruck at the way they trivialized humans and our existance. Pushed the greenie mother earth worship. & in fact is nothing but a word for word copy of futuristic reports from Chatham House. On how they wish to reduce earth humans population. Re-introduce wildlife into areas that haven't seen them for hundreds of years. This type of information goes hand in hand with fictional writters who have a knack for "predicting the future." Like Arthur C Clark for example.

Ancients behaving badly damned the ancients but ignored the fact that we in the "future" still act the same way and in many cases we are worse. It made the viewer enjoy what they were seeing and in many cases people wished they could experience some of the scenes. I experienced this first hand watching people next to me enjoy and smile and get excited while watching this. In my opinion this type of programming is just that, Programming like a person programs a computer. But we are the computer and after we are programed we begin to emulate that. This is all basic TV and human behavior knowledge for anyone to discover.

History Channel in conjunction with the Military Channel & and News Channels are the biggest Progressive programming tools ever unleashed upon the Human Race since the printing press.

"There is no such thing as black magic, only cheap tricks." -Doctor Parnassus, The Imaginarium of Doctor Parnassus