The United States of Esoterica

Official forum of binnallofamerica.com
It is currently Mon Oct 14, 2019 11:11 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 58 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
 Post subject: Re: '09 NFL Discussion
PostPosted: Mon Oct 05, 2009 7:05 pm 
Modern Day Nephilim

C'mon jboston,

You're a Steelers fan. Never let'em see you sweat. lol.

I'm just glad Mendenhall broke loose last night. Was beginning to think he might be a bust.

PostPosted: Mon Oct 05, 2009 7:24 pm 
Member of Trilateral Commission

Quote:
C'mon jboston,

You're a Steelers fan. Never let'em see you sweat. lol.

I'm just glad Mendenhall broke loose last night. Was beginning to think he might be a bust.

I think last night was Willie Parker's red carpet out of town being unrolled.

PostPosted: Mon Oct 05, 2009 11:04 pm 
Oil Industry Executive

jboston wrote:
Quote:
I'm kind of pissed that the Pats don't play the Steelers this year.

To be honest I'm kind of glad the Steelers don't play the Patriots. I'm really disappointed at the way the season has went down so far. Two terrible losses (the Bengals!?!) and the two wins were ugly.

Bengals are one fluke TD in Denver away from being 4-0. I still can't figure out how that has come to pass...

The Steelers will win some games this year, but they aren't as dominant as they've been in recent years. Polamalu being out hurts, but he isn't going to single handedly fix all the defensive issues. The fact that they almost let SD come back last night should be a major point of concern. They've got cupcakes against Detroit and Cleveland the next two weeks, so that shouldn't be any problem. Minnesota is looking like the real deal, so they could pose a problem. Then they have Denver and...who knows. That defense seems to be legit, but I'm not convinced that a Kyle Orton-led offense is for real. At least not yet. But there are some favorable games on their schedule- Cleveland twice, KC, Oakland, and maybe Miami (although they showed some new life under Chad Henne, it'll take a few wins before anyone can truly take them seriously again). I was expecting the AFC North to be a race between Pittsburgh and Baltimore, but (at least right now) Cincinnati seems to be trying to crash that party. And Cleveland... Well, they should be blown up. Twice. That's what they get for hiring that arrogant, talentless douche Mangini (AKA Mangina). Dude is fining his players for parking violations. Hope he doesn't win a game this year.

Saints have a bye next week, which sucks. But hey, two weeks to prepare for the Giants. Can't believe I lucked into this game. It was mostly a matter of convenience when I got the tickets. Had no idea it would shape up to be a battle for NFC Supremacy.

PostPosted: Wed Oct 07, 2009 12:37 am 
Modern Day Nephilim

BTW, did anyone else watch MNF?

As much as you want to hate him -- and Lions fans have plenty of reasons -- you gotta tip your hat to the ol' gunslinger Brett Favre.

He carved up the Packers with a bunch of 0-15 yard passes. It was surgical.
(And AP makes a lot of that possible).

Still 24 of 31 for 271 and 3 TDs. :!: Hate to see what he has planned for the encore in GB.

PostPosted: Tue Oct 20, 2009 1:12 am 
Oil Industry Executive

Four undefeated teams left, and New Orleans is one of them! They absolutely destroyed the Giants yesterday and the Dome was LOUD. That place was completely rocking for the whole game. I almost strangled this chick from New Jersey that was sitting next to me. She showed up for kickoff wasted and only got more drunk. Any time the Giants did something remotely competent she would shriek in my ear. Thankfully her boyfriend hauled her off at halftime, probably because she passed out. Most of the other NY fans were cool (and there were quite a few), although there was apparently an incident after the game where some of them had had enough ribbing and made the mistake of saying something about Hurricane Katrina. The cops stepped in before anything went down, but they were well on their way to getting the shit kicked out of them by several dozen very pissed off citizens.

Anyway, Saints are for real this year. All wins are by two TDs, and they've never once trailed an opponent all season. AWESOME!

PostPosted: Tue Oct 20, 2009 7:47 am 
Modern Day Nephilim

Orpheus wrote:
Four undefeated teams left, and New Orleans is one of them! They absolutely destroyed the Giants yesterday and the Dome was LOUD. That place was completely rocking for the whole game. I almost strangled this chick from New Jersey that was sitting next to me. She showed up for kickoff wasted and only got more drunk. Any time the Giants did something remotely competent she would shriek in my ear. Thankfully her boyfriend hauled her off at halftime, probably because she passed out. Most of the other NY fans were cool (and there were quite a few), although there was apparently an incident after the game where some of them had had enough ribbing and made the mistake of saying something about Hurricane Katrina. The cops stepped in before anything went down, but they were well on their way to getting the shit kicked out of them by several dozen very pissed off citizens.

Anyway, Saints are for real this year. All wins are by two TDs, and they've never once trailed an opponent all season. AWESOME!

Yeah, and that's despite Reggie Bush being a bust.

PostPosted: Tue Oct 20, 2009 1:21 pm 
Oil Industry Executive

redsonsuperman wrote:
Orpheus wrote:

Yeah, and that's despite Reggie Bush being a bust.

It's his own fault. He has the athletic ability, but he has refused to modify his game to adjust to the pro level. He keeps trying to run east and west to lose people, but they catch him every time. At this point, he's just not getting it done. We've got two good North/South running backs in Bell and Thomas, so I sincerely doubt he'll be resigned once his rookie deal expires.

PostPosted: Sun Oct 25, 2009 8:50 pm 
Oil Industry Executive

New Orleans is 6-0 and the last undefeated team in the NFC. Scary, scary game for the first half, but man did they come back in the second half. Awesome. They've won by offensive blowout, defensive games, and now a massive come from behind victory. Simply ridiculous.

PostPosted: Sun Oct 25, 2009 9:05 pm 
Site Admin

Wow, I went to take a nap after the first half of the New Orleans game and figured it was going to be a blowout. Congrats on a surprising come-from-behind victory.

Meanwhile, that MN game was a heartbreaker (though I'm sure jboson would disagree). I was sure that Favre was going to have another insane comeback victory.

"An artist has got to be constantly in a state of becoming." -- Bob Dylan

PostPosted: Sun Oct 25, 2009 9:37 pm 
Modern Day Nephilim

I was torn today watching Pittsburgh-Minnesota. The Steelers are my favorite NFL team, but Adrian Peterson is my favorite running back since Barry.

It ended up well. Peterson got his touchdown and the Steelers got the victory by knocking the ball out of Favre's hands and scoring a defensive touchdown.

That's what they get for trying to throw the ball instead of letting AP run.

PostPosted: Sun Oct 25, 2009 9:47 pm 
Site Admin

redsonsuperman wrote:

That's exactly what I was thinking.

"An artist has got to be constantly in a state of becoming." -- Bob Dylan

PostPosted: Mon Oct 26, 2009 9:29 pm 
Member of Trilateral Commission

You gotta give it to the Steelers' defense. They held Peterson to 4 yards per carry. And they outscored the offense.

What the hell happened to the Dolphins?

PostPosted: Tue Oct 27, 2009 2:00 am 
Oil Industry Executive

jboston wrote:
What the hell happened to the Dolphins?

Two things:

1. They came out amped up as all hell, but had burned themselves out by halftime. They basically used up sixty minutes worth of emotion and intensity in two quarters, which always come back to bite you. They were playing lights out in the first quarter, but they didn't modulate or pace themselves. Notice how Jason Taylor was everywhere in the first half and basically absent in the second.

2. They had the chance to shut the Saints out in the first half, but Sparano screwed up with the timeout call that allowed Brees to petition Payton to go for the TD instead of the field goal. It gave the Saints new life, and convinced them they could win the game. Everyone in the Saints locker room at halftime said that it was clearly a group of guys convinced they would win the game, and they did. He should have let them kick the FG and go in feeling dejected.

binnall wrote:
redsonsuperman wrote:

That's exactly what I was thinking.

Brad Childress is a bad play caller. Minnesota's success has been because of Favre, Harvin, Petersen, and Jared Allen and in spite of Childress' coaching.

PostPosted: Tue Oct 27, 2009 2:04 am 
Presidential Hopeful

Orpheus wrote:

Brad Childress is a bad play caller. Minnesota's success has been because of Favre, Harvin, Petersen, and Jared Allen and in spite of Childress' coaching.

Sums things up pretty well. I cringe when we bring out that prevent defense in the 4th quarter.

PostPosted: Tue Nov 10, 2009 12:41 am 
Modern Day Nephilim

There's really nothing better than a win on MNF by the Steelers is there? 8) 8) 8)

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 58 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next