The United States of Esoterica

Official forum of binnallofamerica.com
It is currently Mon Dec 16, 2019 7:36 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: NBA Playoffs (2010)
PostPosted: Sun Apr 25, 2010 11:39 am 
Site Admin

Only marginally following these, since the Celtics are considered too old and beat up to contend. That said, if the C's win today, it's a foregone conclusion that they will play the evil Cavaliers in Round 2, which should be epic, especially since the Celtics seem like they held back in the latter half of the season to save up energy and stuff for the playoffs. I fucking loathe LeBron, so I'm really hoping for the Celtics to crush his dreams and eliminate the Cavs, sending LeBron scurrying off the NY for big money, after the season is over.

Also, I'm hoping for an upset and the Lakers to get eliminated before the Finals, since they are too dominant and I'm also a Celtics fan, so I hate LA.

I am enjoying the emerging of some new stars this year, like Kevin Durant and the dudes on the Bulls (even the awful Joaquim Noah). Seems like there is definitely a transition taking place this year.

"An artist has got to be constantly in a state of becoming." -- Bob Dylan

Post subject: Re: NBA Playoffs (2010)
PostPosted: Sun Apr 25, 2010 1:17 pm 
Modern Day Nephilim

binnall wrote:
Only marginally following these, since the Celtics are considered too old and beat up to contend. That said, if the C's win today, it's a foregone conclusion that they will play the evil Cavaliers in Round 2, which should be epic, especially since the Celtics seem like they held back in the latter half of the season to save up energy and stuff for the playoffs. I fucking loathe LeBron, so I'm really hoping for the Celtics to crush his dreams and eliminate the Cavs, sending LeBron scurrying off the NY for big money, after the season is over.

Also, I'm hoping for an upset and the Lakers to get eliminated before the Finals, since they are too dominant and I'm also a Celtics fan, so I hate LA.

I am enjoying the emerging of some new stars this year, like Kevin Durant and the dudes on the Bulls (even the awful Joaquim Noah). Seems like there is definitely a transition taking place this year.

I watch zero nba these days, but I know Sheed ain't helping the C's.

PostPosted: Sun Apr 25, 2010 7:10 pm 
Oil Industry Executive

I try and pretend that basketball doesn't exist.

PostPosted: Wed Apr 28, 2010 11:47 am 
Site Admin

Celtics v. Cavs in the next round. This is going to be epic. I hate LeBron James with the passion of 1000 suns. I hope for a crushing and swift defeat for the arrogant asshat. Experts be damned, C's in 6 !!

PostPosted: Fri Apr 30, 2010 12:29 pm 
Site Admin

redsonsuperman wrote:
I know Sheed ain't helping the C's.

Now is the time for 'Sheed to earn that contract with the C's. First game of the Cavs series, he needs to just lock-up with LeBron and break that fucker's arm. He'd be an immortal hero in Boston forever and the C's would have a clear path to the next round. He'd also probably get a massive suspension, but that's not my problem.

PostPosted: Fri May 14, 2010 1:21 am 
Site Admin

redsonsuperman wrote:
Sheed ain't helping the C's.

Ha, ha, ha, RSS and Lone Gunman. The 'Sheed has helped lead us to the promised land (aka 2 rounds from 2010 title).

Yessssss !! Fear the 'Sheed !!!

PostPosted: Fri May 14, 2010 1:38 am 
Modern Day Nephilim

binnall wrote:
redsonsuperman wrote:
Sheed ain't helping the C's.

Ha, ha, ha, RSS and Lone Gunman. The 'Sheed has helped lead us to the promised land (aka 2 rounds from 2010 title).

Yessssss !! Fear the 'Sheed !!!

He hit his first 3-pointer of the playoffs, eh?
'Sheed looks real good when he's playing against who QUIT playing. Next round, he's going to do an impression of Casper the Ghost. He'll disappear.

PostPosted: Fri May 14, 2010 11:10 am 
Bilderburger Attendee

Yep. Celtics in 6.

PostPosted: Mon May 17, 2010 11:56 am 
Site Admin

C's take Game 1 v. Orlando

For those keeping score at home, 'Sheed played 20 minutes, scored 13 points and had 4 rebounds. He also had 4 key fouls and really fucked with Dwight Howard, big time. I almost expected Howard to take a swing at 'Sheed, which would have been awesome.

PostPosted: Mon May 17, 2010 12:34 pm 
Modern Day Nephilim

binnall wrote:
C's take Game 1 v. Orlando

For those keeping score at home, 'Sheed played 20 minutes, scored 13 points and had 4 rebounds. He also had 4 key fouls and really fucked with Dwight Howard, big time. I almost expected Howard to take a swing at 'Sheed, which would have been awesome.

You'll want to take a swing at him soon enough my friend. He'll tease you with that one good game, and then he'll go into his act, arguing with the refs, taking ill-advised threes and not playing defense inside.

PostPosted: Tue May 18, 2010 12:35 pm 
Site Admin

True story: After Game 1 of the Cleveland series, KG approached 'Sheed in the shower and gave him a stern talking to and 'Sheed's game has improved ever since.

'Sheed will reclaim your heart, RSS, before these NBA playoffs are all said and done.

Meanwhile, Game 2 tonight v. the Magic. I'm hoping for a soul crushing win by the C's to really cement this thing.

PostPosted: Sun May 23, 2010 11:41 am 
Site Admin

Celtics up a commanding 3 to 0 over the Magic. This one is essentially done.

For the 'Sheed haters out there, here's his line from last night: 10 points (2/3 from 3 point land) and 4 defensive rebounds. That's all we really need from the big man.

Given LA's dominance over the Suns so far, it's becoming clear that we are headed for another epic Lakers v. Celtics finals.

This will, of course, include a number of taunting phone calls with one Adam Gorightly ... I can't wait.

PostPosted: Mon May 24, 2010 2:33 am 
C2C Annual Guest

It sounds like a wager is in order. Assuming that the Lakers and C's make it to the finals -- which seems inevitable, tonight's token loss to the Suns notwithstanding -- I suggest that you, Binnall, put your money where your mouth is...or better yet, your hair!

If the Lakers lose, I will shave my head! (That is if you, Tim Binnall, can make the same promise in the result of a certain Celtic loss in the finals to the almighty LakeShow.)

What say, Big Boy?

PostPosted: Mon May 24, 2010 2:39 am 
Site Admin

Wow. I do believe you are taking advantage of me in my drunken, Lost-induced haze.

But ... I will do it.

The gauntlet has been thrown.

Hair v. Hair

Lakers v. Celtics

Gorightly v. Binnall

PostPosted: Sat May 29, 2010 1:08 am 
Site Admin

For the record, Gorightly claims he now cannot wager his hair. A suitable replacement may need to be determined, should his beloved Lake Show make it to the big dance.

Meanwhile, the Celtics crushed the Magic tonight and are waiting, in the finals, for their next victims.

'Sheed will get another ring, whether RSS likes it or not.