The United States of Esoterica

Official forum of binnallofamerica.com
It is currently Wed Jul 17, 2019 11:37 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: NBA Free Agent Shuffle
PostPosted: Thu Jul 01, 2010 12:24 pm 
Site Admin

Well, the infamous Summer of 2010 is here. ESPN has probably already spent 100 hours on all of this, so I figure we need a thread.

Major Free Agents w. former team in parenthesis:

LeBron James (CLE)
Dwyane Wade (MIA)
Chris Bosh (TOR)
Joe Johnson (ATL)
Dirk Nowitzki (DAL)
Paul Pierce (BOS)
Amare Stoudemire (PHX)
Carlos Boozer (UTAH)
Ray Allen (BOS)
Shaquille O'Neal (CLE)

Rumous aplenty right now. I'm just hoping that we don't see some LeBron/Wade/Bosh superteam get formed, that would suck.

"An artist has got to be constantly in a state of becoming." -- Bob Dylan

PostPosted: Thu Jul 01, 2010 12:57 pm 
Modern Day Nephilim

binnall wrote:
Well, the infamous Summer of 2010 is here. ESPN has probably already spent 100 hours on all of this, so I figure we need a thread.

Major Free Agents w. former team in parenthesis:

LeBron James (CLE)
Dwyane Wade (MIA)
Chris Bosh (TOR)
Joe Johnson (ATL)
Dirk Nowitzki (DAL)
Paul Pierce (BOS)
Amare Stoudemire (PHX)
Carlos Boozer (UTAH)
Ray Allen (BOS)
Shaquille O'Neal (CLE)

Rumous aplenty right now. I'm just hoping that we don't see some LeBron/Wade/Bosh superteam get formed, that would suck.

but you didn't mind the superteam of pierce, garnett, allen. :mrgreen: :roll:

The C's are going to be real bad, real quick. But at least 'Sheed is gone.

i don't think it will happen, but having three young superstars together like that would be epic, regardless of the city.

PostPosted: Thu Jul 01, 2010 2:56 pm 
Site Admin

Well, the Garnett/Allen/Pierce trio was three guys at the twilight of their careers, not three young dudes who could be poised to dominate for a decade, plus.

Why isn't the Big D involved in the free agent sweepstakes? I figure they must have some space, but maybe I'm wrong.

PostPosted: Thu Jul 01, 2010 3:35 pm 
Modern Day Nephilim

binnall wrote:
Well, the Garnett/Allen/Pierce trio was three guys at the twilight of their careers, not three young dudes who could be poised to dominate for a decade, plus.

Why isn't the Big D involved in the free agent sweepstakes? I figure they must have some space, but maybe I'm wrong.

No, the Pistons aren't in the running for any of the prime players. They're looking to get someone in that second tier. They're in rebuilding mode.

PostPosted: Thu Jul 08, 2010 6:09 pm 
Site Admin

Jesus, ESPN's coverage of all of this has been repugnant. A three hour pre-show, then "The Decision" and then a multi-hour post-show, all to kiss LeFraud's ass.

Thankfully the rest of the world is catching up with my LeBron hatred. His "TV special" tonight has turned a lot of people off to his egomaniacal act.

If he announces that he's leaving Cleveland to go to Miami, he will become one of the most hated athletes in all of sports. Part of me hopes for that (for sheer entertainment value), but I don't like the prospect of a super team w. three guys in their prime.

Anyway, I think all this Miami talk is a swerve and he'll stay in Cleveland.

I'll be watching tonight and will post thoughts here on the forum as various cities and pundit's heads explode, one way or the other.

PostPosted: Thu Jul 08, 2010 7:23 pm 
Modern Day Nephilim

binnall wrote:
Jesus, ESPN's coverage of all of this has been repugnant. A three hour pre-show, then "The Decision" and then a multi-hour post-show, all to kiss LeFraud's ass.

Thankfully the rest of the world is catching up with my LeBron hatred. His "TV special" tonight has turned a lot of people off to his egomaniacal act.

If he announces that he's leaving Cleveland to go to Miami, he will become one of the most hated athletes in all of sports. Part of me hopes for that (for sheer entertainment value), but I don't like the prospect of a super team w. three guys in their prime.

Anyway, I think all this Miami talk is a swerve and he'll stay in Cleveland.

I'll be watching tonight and will post thoughts here on the forum as various cities and pundit's heads explode, one way or the other.

How can you miss Big Brother 12 for the LeBron ridiculousness? :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll:

PostPosted: Thu Jul 08, 2010 7:38 pm 
Site Admin

BB starts @ 8 PM and ends @ 9, which is when the LeBron show starts.

So I get two hours of reality show famewhores.

PostPosted: Thu Jul 08, 2010 8:01 pm 
Modern Day Nephilim

binnall wrote:
BB starts @ 8 PM and ends @ 9, which is when the LeBron show starts.

So I get two hours of reality show famewhores.

Oh, my bad. I thought BB12 was 2 hours for the first episode...

PostPosted: Thu Jul 08, 2010 9:29 pm 
Site Admin

Wow.

LeBron is going to Miami Heat.

The NBA has seismically shifted.

Can't wait to see the fallout.

PostPosted: Thu Jul 08, 2010 9:37 pm 
Modern Day Nephilim

binnall wrote:
Wow.

LeBron is going to Miami Heat.

The NBA has seismically shifted.

Can't wait to see the fallout.

love the trashy blond screaming "are you kidding me" at the bar in cleveland. have another drink babe.

PostPosted: Thu Jul 08, 2010 10:16 pm 
Site Admin

Fuck yes, I love a media circus.

This is an "I Love the 80's" moment.

PostPosted: Fri Jul 09, 2010 6:58 am 
Member of Trilateral Commission

I'm not a basketball fan and this morning I'm glad that I am not.

I promised myself I wasn't going to watch. Around 9:15 last night I thought "surely Lebron has already made his decision" so I turn on ESPN and proceed to watch Lebron fellate himself with assistance from ESPN...and in front of the Boys and Girls Club no less.

After watching the ESPN roundtable determine that based on "inside sources" Lebron was going to go to Miami it began to sink in that he was leaving Cleveland. I suppose Lebron wanted that info "leaked" to help soften the impact to a city that has spent the last few years on pins and needles. He has threatened leaving to go play for Jay-Z in New Jersey for a while so it was hard for Cavs fans to get behind Lebron without that lingering dread in the back of their minds. Last night the dread became a reality.

Anyone who has been to Cleveland knows what this event symbolizes. This is a city that just a little over a decade ago lost their NFL team. Even though they received a facsimile of the organization a couple of years later this proved to Clevelanders that they are expendable. Nothing in sports is sacred for them. Lebron's move is on par with the Browns leaving only this will not have a happy ending. One only need to take a trip downtown to the Quicken Loans Arena and notice the (literally) skyscraper sized images of Lebron to understand what he meant to this city. I assume those images will be disposed of quickly.

I could go on about how Lebron showed how truly egotistical he is by hijacking the media for the past couple of months so he could bathe the sports world in his immaculate light. Instead I think it's more interesting that he announced his decision in front of an audience of children from the Boys and Girls Club who I can only assume from the groans after his announcement were from the Cleveland area. I almost expected Santa Claus to come out with a follow-up interview to announce that there would be no Christmas this year.

What a dick.

PostPosted: Fri Jul 09, 2010 9:38 am 
Bilderburger Attendee

And to think Cleveland fired their coach to try an keep him.

I say don't pull the statues down, let them get graffiti all over them........ and leave them that way.

And who in all of creation watches Big Brother 12? 12? really? What did we do to deserve 12 years of this garbage? Death to reality shows! Long live actual documentary programs!

PostPosted: Fri Jul 09, 2010 12:09 pm 
Oil Industry Executive

Big Brother is awesome.

I say that as someone that hates reality shows.

And most "documentary programs" out there are agenda driven shit.

PostPosted: Fri Jul 09, 2010 3:13 pm 
Bilderburger Attendee

uggg, what can be said?

Let's tack to Alex Jones commenting on LeBron
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3B_xBWsDpz0