The United States of Esoterica

Official forum of binnallofamerica.com
It is currently Fri Sep 21, 2018 3:31 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: William Cooper
PostPosted: Thu Sep 22, 2005 11:16 pm 
Hoagland-esque

Any long-time conspiracy buffs here have any thoughts on one of the most controversial personalities in ufology/conspiracy circles?

f I was an avid listener to his shortwave radio show for more than a few years and he probably paved the way for the likes of Alex Jones.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Sep 23, 2005 2:19 am 
Site Admin

Ah, Bill Cooper. Interesting guy. Greg Bishop and I discuss him in an upcoming episode of BoA : Audio.

I found his book interesting. He seems like he went off the deep end at some point and turned on his "colleagues" in esoterica.

Re: his death, I'm not sure what that is all about. I'm sure many will say he was "eliminated", but there is a good chance he escalated a situation into causing his death because of his paranoia.

I am also interested in hearing other people's thoughts on Bill Cooper.

"An artist has got to be constantly in a state of becoming." -- Bob Dylan

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Sep 23, 2005 7:19 pm 
Hoagland-esque

Hey, binnall. I'm going to have to listen to that audio! :D

I wasn't too impressed with his book because it had no fluidity to it. It just seemed like a collection of random information from various sources with no coherent conclusion. The first section "Silent Weapons For Silent Wars" with was supposedly found in an old printer in 1979 is a great read.
His shortwave show, though was totally engrossing for me. I never heard classic Art Bell, but classic "Hour of the Time" was the best late-night radio I've ever heard. You never knew what would be discussed or who would call in until the show started.
I think he started going off the deep end if the later years before his unfortunate passing due to apparent harassment by the Feds.. He admitted that he had read these classified documents while in the Office of Naval Intelligence and at first believed everything, but then turned around and came to the realization that it was most likely disinfo.

One thing I've learned by reading conspiracy stuff is that I think that the person that is most vilified by his cohorts is probably the person that is closest to the truth. That's why I'm apt to listen to Mr. Cooper's opinion and I'm skeptical about Alex Jones. If Alex was really doing harm to the NWO 'agenda', he would have problems with those in power.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Jan 14, 2006 10:11 pm 
Hoagland-esque

If anybody's interested, I've converted a few programs of his from cassette to mp3 including 4 hours of open lines programs on the subject of UFOs from 1994.

Here's a link to download the first hour:

http://s49.yousendit.com/d.aspx?id=1PS7 ... H7TBXDHK5J

He mentions a few C2C regulars in this one :lol: It's over 50 MB so you might have to wait a bit if you have a slow download.

If there's interest in the others, I'll put them up too.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Jan 14, 2006 10:38 pm 
CFR Fat Cat

i'm definitely interested in hearing more!

i remember reading behold a pale horse *years* ago, was an interesting read, still not sure what to make of him though.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jan 20, 2006 8:25 pm 
Hoagland-esque

Glad you liked it Jammer. I'll upload the second hour for you tomorrow.

I have to say that I don't know what to make of him either and I listened to his show for a long time. There is no doubt in my mind that he was passionate and sincere in his beliefs; some would say that he was the 'poster boy for Prozac" with his Masonic conspiracy beliefs, etc. and that he had a screw loose somewhere, but there is some truth in what he said. Just like Coast To Coast, there's always some fact dispersed through the cornucopia of b.s. or misinformation; it's up to you to make up your mind on what the real truth is.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Jan 21, 2006 10:56 pm 
Hoagland-esque

Again, if anyone is interested - Hour 2:

http://s65.yousendit.com/d.aspx?id=0VU0 ... Q9QSPCMGC4

Post subject: Re: William Cooper
PostPosted: Wed Jan 12, 2011 3:31 pm 
Low Initiate Freemason

Here is a link to his complete Mystery Babylon lectures. They are downloadable and a very interesting listen.

http://www.archive.org/details/MysteryB ... scriptIncl

There are other things out there from his radio show. Even his broad cast on 09/11/2001. Very interesting. And less than one month later.....dead. Hmmmmm. :?

Any further comments welcome.

PostPosted: Mon Jan 17, 2011 8:13 am 
Hoagland-esque

gdtrfb1995 wrote:
There are other things out there from his radio show. Even his broad cast on 09/11/2001. Very interesting. And less than one month later.....dead. Hmmmmm. :?

Any further comments welcome.

What's to wonder about, he committed suicide by cop! Any sane person would KNOW that whatever you do, and no matter how much you love and maintain your freedom, you do NOT take a shot at a state trooper without KNOWING that you are going to get return fire!

PostPosted: Sat Apr 02, 2011 9:56 am 
Bilderburger Attendee

Cooper was a real patriot. Not one of these yuppy radio broadcasters whom spew fear while then trying to sell you something. Cooper told it like he saw it. Thats far more than what can be said about most people who never ever even see it! His Behold a Pale Horse series is a must listen to event. Also his prediction of 9/11 and his naming Osama Bin Ladin as the patsy was spot on. He was a man before his time.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Zy4EyBst ... ideo_title

"There is no such thing as black magic, only cheap tricks." -Doctor Parnassus, The Imaginarium of Doctor Parnassus