The United States of Esoterica

Official forum of binnallofamerica.com
It is currently Thu Dec 12, 2019 5:10 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: 2011 MLB thread
PostPosted: Thu Feb 17, 2011 12:20 pm 
Modern Day Nephilim

further proof that baseball needs a salary cap, $200 million/8 year deal is $40 million less than Pujols is willing to take, even though he's already 32 and the $200 mil offer is on its own a ridiculous offer.
How do you hold a great baseball town like St. Louis up for that kind of cash?
Of course, MLB would love to see the Cards break down, so they can say, 'See, not every star ends up with the Yankees or RedSox'

Meanwhile, the Cubs are reportedly ready to throw $30 mil a year at Pujols just so they can continue to suck while having the best player money can buy in their lineup.

And if that wasn't sad enough, the second-best player in the game, Miggy Cabrera, was arrested for DUI in Fla. and pulled the infamous "Do you know who I am?"

He also took a swig of his scotch in front of the cop.

:roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll:

Fuck baseball. I'm just sticking with NASCAR this summer.

BTW: Jose Canseco will be on Celebrity Apprentice.

Post subject: Re: 2011 MLB thread
PostPosted: Sun Feb 20, 2011 2:07 am 
Shadow Person

redsonsuperman wrote:
further proof that baseball needs a salary cap, $200 million/8 year deal is $40 million less than Pujols is willing to take, even though he's already 32 and the $200 mil offer is on its own a ridiculous offer.
How do you hold a great baseball town like St. Louis up for that kind of cash?
Of course, MLB would love to see the Cards break down, so they can say, 'See, not every star ends up with the Yankees or RedSox'

Meanwhile, the Cubs are reportedly ready to throw $30 mil a year at Pujols just so they can continue to suck while having the best player money can buy in their lineup.

And if that wasn't sad enough, the second-best player in the game, Miggy Cabrera, was arrested for DUI in Fla. and pulled the infamous "Do you know who I am?"

He also took a swig of his scotch in front of the cop.

:roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll:

Fuck baseball. I'm just sticking with NASCAR this summer.

BTW: Jose Canseco will be on Celebrity Apprentice.

8) Baseball is still the best game :!: :lol:

PostPosted: Sun Feb 20, 2011 7:13 pm 
Low Initiate Freemason

I take it you didn`t watch today`s Daytona race, even though there is a Rousch-Fenway racing team. Pretty memorable.
Most cautions ever.
Most lead changes ever.
Youngest winner ever.
The guy who won turned 20 yesterday and this was only his 2nd Nextel Cup race ever. Poor kid, the only way for him to go is down. :wink:

PostPosted: Sun Feb 20, 2011 10:37 pm 
Modern Day Nephilim

lynxster wrote:
I take it you didn`t watch today`s Daytona race, even though there is a Rousch-Fenway racing team. Pretty memorable.
Most cautions ever.
Most lead changes ever.
Youngest winner ever.
The guy who won turned 20 yesterday and this was only his 2nd Nextel Cup race ever. Poor kid, the only way for him to go is down. :wink:

Unless he's the sport's next phenom. He might have already passed Joey Logano as NASCAR's new young star.

PostPosted: Mon Feb 21, 2011 9:33 pm 
Modern Day Nephilim

another reason to hate baseball....

TAMPA, Fla. -- New York Yankees co-chairman Hank Steinbrenner thinks his team's celebration of its 2009 World Series championship may have lasted too long.

"I think, maybe, they celebrated too much last year," Steinbrenner said Monday. "Some of the players, too busy building mansions and doing other things and not concentrating on winning. I have no problem saying that."

When it was pointed out that Yankees captain Derek Jeter was building a large multimillion-dollar home in Tampa last year, Steinbrenner said he wasn't singling out any individual."

:mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen:

That Steinbrenner quote pretty much sums it all up, eh?
Just because the Yankees overpay to field a fantasy baseball team -- the owner still thinks of his millionaires as peasants and calls them out for building their mansions.

:mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen:

PostPosted: Thu May 05, 2011 1:49 am 
Site Admin

Fucking fantastic Red Sox game on right now. I think it is also airing on ESPN, but got blocked here in Boston.

Had a mid-game rain delay that halted action in the 5th, play resumed @ 11 PM and then the game went to extra innings.

It is now the bottom of the 12th inning @ 2:20 AM and the game continues. There are like only a handful of fans left at Fenway and you can hear really specific cat calls and chants.

Holy shit, Youkilis just hit one off the wall and Scutaro came around from first to get tagged out at home. Wow.

"An artist has got to be constantly in a state of becoming." -- Bob Dylan

PostPosted: Tue May 10, 2011 9:12 pm 
C2C Annual Guest

Just checking in for the first time in a while...

Tim...that game you were raving about on May 4-5? Yeah, that game sucked.

PostPosted: Tue May 10, 2011 10:49 pm 
Site Admin

Outcome sucked, but it was a 13 inning game that went to 2:45 AM (ET).

It was a terrible classic and I loved every awful minute of it.

A game the Sox should have won, which would have made it an instant classic.

PostPosted: Wed May 11, 2011 10:23 pm 
C2C Annual Guest

I remember a game like that vs. Seattle back in (I think it was) the 2000 season.

No rain delay, but being a West Coast game it started around 10 pm Eastern and with the extra innings went on until around 3:00am.

Is John Lackey the worst free agent pitcher ever? He's right up there with Matt Young.

PostPosted: Thu May 19, 2011 6:25 pm 
Modern Day Nephilim

Verlander vs. Beckett -- AKA Battle of the best two pitchers in the AL.

Wouldn't be surprised if Verlander gets another No-No against the clowns in red socks.
:mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen:

PostPosted: Thu May 19, 2011 8:36 pm 
Site Admin

Sox are doing pretty well so far, though Beckett mysteriously left the game just now. Praying it is not an injury, because that would be crushing for the Sox right now.

PostPosted: Thu May 19, 2011 10:20 pm 
Modern Day Nephilim

binnall wrote:
Sox are doing pretty well so far, though Beckett mysteriously left the game just now. Praying it is not an injury, because that would be crushing for the Sox right now.

Left with neck stiffness.

Too bad the Tabbies have nothing in the bullpen other than Valverde. Benoit has already imploded and Albuquerque was terrified to throw his best pitch against the Sox. Ugh.

PostPosted: Thu May 19, 2011 10:29 pm 
Site Admin

Ah, glad you mentioned my new favorite Tiger, RSS.

So, tell me, what kind of twisted asshole parents name their kid Al Albequerque?

PostPosted: Fri May 20, 2011 8:39 am 
Modern Day Nephilim

WIth such a long last name, you could consider them kind parents that they only gave him a two-letter first name. :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen:

PostPosted: Tue Sep 13, 2011 11:16 pm 
Site Admin

I'll admit, I'm pretty choked up tonight. Congrats to Tim Wakefield on his 200th career win. It couldn't happen to a better guy.

Here's a great story on Wake's journey to 200: http://espn.go.com/boston/mlb/story/_/id/6899607/tim-wakefield-reaches-record-books-200th-win