The United States of Esoterica

Official forum of binnallofamerica.com
It is currently Wed Nov 13, 2019 10:15 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Re: Wrestlemania XVIII
PostPosted: Wed Mar 14, 2012 1:45 pm 
Modern Day Nephilim

which begs the question, how can Vince NOT find a better angle for Orton at WM?

Just horrible.

PostPosted: Mon Mar 19, 2012 3:32 pm 
Site Admin

WM card updates ...

Team Laurinaitis now includes Christian, Mark Henry, and David Otunga w. 3 spots left to fill

Team Teddy Long now includes Santino, R-Truth, and Kofi Kingston w. 3 spots left to fill

And, in what is probably the final official match added to the card, and one that is sure to enrage RSS ...

Kelly Kelly & Extra's Maria Menounos v. Beth Phoenix & Eve

Kind of a meh match, but it's no surprise as the women's division is horribly booked.

"An artist has got to be constantly in a state of becoming." -- Bob Dylan

PostPosted: Mon Mar 19, 2012 8:48 pm 
Modern Day Nephilim

binnall wrote:
WM card updates ...

Team Laurinaitis now includes Christian, Mark Henry, and David Otunga w. 3 spots left to fill

Team Teddy Long now includes Santino, R-Truth, and Kofi Kingston w. 3 spots left to fill

And, in what is probably the final official match added to the card, and one that is sure to enrage RSS ...

Kelly Kelly & Extra's Maria Menounos v. Beth Phoenix & Eve

Kind of a meh match, but it's no surprise as the women's division is horribly booked.

Maria Menounos?

PostPosted: Sun Mar 25, 2012 11:51 pm 
Site Admin

Final members of the respective 12-man-tag teams should be announced tomorrow. Then we'll roll out our annual Predictions contest.

PostPosted: Sun Mar 25, 2012 11:55 pm 
Modern Day Nephilim

binnall wrote:
Final members of the respective 12-man-tag teams should be announced tomorrow. Then we'll roll out our annual Predictions contest.

Rumors are that Jim Ross could be working WM, at least Undertaker's match. Undertaker apparently asked for Ross to call it.

Fuck Vince. Ross should still be announcing.

PostPosted: Wed Mar 28, 2012 6:03 am 
Rense Guest

This card looks lame. Damn I'm waiting for a Doink v Gobbildygooker hell in a Cell
:twisted:

You just know that Michaels is gonna try and upstage Taker and H even though he is the 'referee' and Rock??? Is WWE that desperate they bring him back to work one match which as much as I hate to say it Cena will take. I checked my local listings and I think its on PPV so I wont be buying it. If they show highlights I may watch for a laugh

PostPosted: Mon Apr 02, 2012 3:15 am 
Bilderburger Attendee

This was Wrestle-meh-nia.

I can see why killing off Daniel Bryan quickly is a good setup to a feud... and part of me loved the shocking beginning to the show... but still, I'd much rather actually watch that match and had I paid for this I'd have been pissed.

This is one of the few moments when I selfishly thought, 'I hope he's injured and that's why.'

Nothing worthwhile here for me until the latter half of HHH/Taker. I thought it felt, dare I say, too phony. Too scripted. Still, by the end of it, they got me and I thought it was a brilliant bunch of work--it just took a while to get there.

Punk/Y2J was solid. Happy with that.

Brotus Clay actually jumped the shark, which I didn't think was possible.

Rock/Cena was surprisingly good. I expected to like it but when they did the old school back and forth/hulking up routine I feared it would be a grapple fest with cliche spots. It was for a bit but in total it was a solid match--and with a surprisingly clean finish! MAN, I love massage parlors.

Wait, what?

I digress... So what's that? 3 Mania-caliber matches? Ya know if they just had those and actually gave us a Sheamus/Bryan match I would have been happy with that card. Most of the other matches didn't suck, they were just meh--although Kane going over was a nice surprise.

Lot's of missed opportunities backstage with Flair/Michaels, maybe Edge, a better use of Mick Foley.

No Brock Lesnar means we'll see him Monday, right? And here's the $60 trap of it all--You can rest assured Monday's free RAW will be a thousand times more exciting than the thing you just paid for.

PostPosted: Tue Apr 03, 2012 3:51 pm 
Bilderburger Attendee

So I'm outta the pro wrestling loop. Why the 'BS' chant at Lesnar Monday night?

PostPosted: Wed Apr 04, 2012 3:48 am 
Rense Guest

Hmmm, cant believe that Lesnar is back :shock: .
A few years ago at WM lesnar and Goldberg had a match with Stonecold as referee and both were booed throughout. Biggest pop was for Austin when he stunned both. I think it was the nature in which he left the company originally but I could be wrong.
Also i think there is some genuine heat between lesnar and Undertaker. I could be wrong but thats the feeling Ive always had and there is some footage on Youtube of Taker at one of Lesnars cage matches where they just stare each other down. Again i could be reading too much into it.

PostPosted: Wed Apr 04, 2012 10:52 am 
Site Admin

I didn't notice a BS chant for Lesnar. I think you heard 'Holy Shit,' which the crowd was chanting.

I remember that Goldberg v. Lesnar match, it was surreal.

I think the Lesnar v. Undertaker 'feud' is fake, because they were angling to get Lesnar back in WWE last January when the 'confrontation' happened.