The United States of Esoterica

Official forum of binnallofamerica.com
It is currently Mon Dec 10, 2018 8:42 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Re: WrestleMania XXX
PostPosted: Tue Apr 08, 2014 9:27 pm 
Site Admin

Taker did get injured, but the finish was planned for Lesnar to win. Apparently, when they tried to put the match together 3 years ago, the plan was for Lesnar to win back then.

"An artist has got to be constantly in a state of becoming." -- Bob Dylan

PostPosted: Wed Apr 09, 2014 12:14 am 
Site Admin

Warrior is dead. I'm speechless: http://www.wwe.com/inside/ultimate-warrior-passes-away-26223975

PostPosted: Wed Apr 09, 2014 12:29 am 
Modern Day Nephilim

:shock: :shock: :shock: :shock:

First thing I thought of were his two girls and wife. Wow.

Was not a big fan of the character. And when he was on RAW last night and got into the ring, I thought I got an odd feeling, like he seemed winded or something. Go back and watch if u have it on DVR.

Very sad turn of events.

PostPosted: Wed Apr 09, 2014 2:37 am 
Skull and Bones Flunkie

Wow. Holy shit. I watched RAW last night and I did notice he was winded/ breathing heavily. I just thought he might've been winded from trying to shake the ropes. RIP Warrior.

PostPosted: Wed Apr 09, 2014 5:53 am 
Skull and Bones Flunkie

"Every mans heart one day beats its final beat. His lungs breathe its final breath. And if what that man did in his life makes the blood pulse through the bodies of others; If it makes them believe deeper in something larger than life; than his essence, his spirit, will be immortalized." It's crazy to think he said this a day before dying. :shock:

PostPosted: Mon Apr 14, 2014 5:36 pm 
Skull and Bones Flunkie

So the Undertaker really did lose at Wrestlemania? That wasn't a dream? Or a Twilight Zone episode?

PostPosted: Mon Apr 14, 2014 10:06 pm 
Site Admin

He really did lose and I'm afraid it may have been Taker's last match. I could see, maybe, him coming back for one 'final' match in some kind of retirement stipulation at next year's WrestleMania, but it would have to be the right opponent and there aren't really many guys that could really fit the bill aside from a rematch with Brock, which doesn't sound too interesting, or an icon v. icon showdown with Sting.

I'm sure we'll learn more about the decision over time, but from my understanding, based on Dave Meltzer's reporting, the decision to end the streak was made by Vince sometime after the 3/31 edition of RAW and Taker agreed to it, probably because they both saw that Taker didn't have another match left in him and it was better to go out with a loss rather than a win (as old school wrestling traditionalists would have it).

Stunningly, the outcome was allegedly so secret that even the referee didn't know that that was the finish of the match, which might explain why it seemed so weird when it went down and there was that long delay to get Brock's music going and to put the 21-1 graphic up on the screen.

That said, word got out enough that the odds swung wildly towards Brock's favor as the show got underway, so some folks in WWE knew about it and leaked it enough to change the betting odds for the match.

PostPosted: Tue Apr 15, 2014 9:35 am 
Bilderburger Attendee

Fella I work with won tickets to WMXXX and sat 5th row, claims to have sat beside Undertaker's agent who confirmed this was his last match. Now is one of them lying? Does Undertaker really have an agent? Why did DeAgnelo Williams make my co-worker dress up like a street walking man with a patchy beard lookin' to rustle some jimmies for cash? I don't know the answer to any of those questions but I think it unlikely we see UT again unless it's something really, really special.