The United States of Esoterica

Official forum of binnallofamerica.com
It is currently Sun Nov 18, 2018 12:07 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Wrestlemania
PostPosted: Thu Mar 26, 2015 7:35 am 
Skull and Bones Flunkie

I gotta say this years Wrestlemania doesn't have me excited, the build has been pretty bad for all the matches. Im still gonna watch cuz, you know, Wrestlemania and all, ill make my quick picks here so when I get them all right I have proof I predicted them.

Bella Twins
Mizdow
Sheamus return and wins IC title
Cena
Rollins
Taker
Sting
Lesner

Post subject: Re: Wrestlemania
PostPosted: Sun Mar 29, 2015 2:48 am 
Site Admin

On a scale of one to ten, my WrestleMania fever this year is probably wavering between a six and a seven, but it's WrestleMania, so I always get psyched up leading into the event and as the show starts. Feels like they have a lot of interesting possibilities, but they're execution continues to be lackluster (notably w. the Sting match). That said, I expect great theatrics and awesome visuals, since this year will almost be entirely a daylight WrestleMania.

Anyway, will try and post my predictions tomorrow before the big event.

"An artist has got to be constantly in a state of becoming." -- Bob Dylan

PostPosted: Sun Mar 29, 2015 6:14 pm 
Site Admin

My picks:

Kidd & Cesaro
Sheamus wins battle royal
Bryan wins IC Match
Cena
Undertaker
Sting
Bellas
Reigns via some kind of shenanigans (heel turn maybe)

I hope I am wrong on some of these picks, otherwise the show will be too predictable and they won't put over any young guys, which they need to do.

That said, it's WrestleMania, I expect the usual WWE over the top spectacle with awesome ring entrances and hopefully a classic match or two.

PostPosted: Sun Mar 29, 2015 7:18 pm 
Modern Day Nephilim

Lesnar
Cena
Stardust (IC)
Sting
AJ Lee and Paige
Randy Orton
Bray Wyatt

Andre the Giant Memorial Battle Royal:MIz

PostPosted: Sun Mar 29, 2015 7:22 pm 
Modern Day Nephilim

POWER BOMB!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Holy crap. this Ladder match was worth 9.99

PostPosted: Sun Mar 29, 2015 8:32 pm 
Modern Day Nephilim

i take that back. Great starts to all these matches, and then really shitty endings.

PostPosted: Mon Mar 30, 2015 6:45 am 
Skull and Bones Flunkie

Wow only picked 2 matches correctly. I thought it was a solid ppv, aside from HHH winning. Even the pre show was solid. Not sure why they had Sandow go the entire way just to have him lose though. Ladder match was great, Dean Ambrose nearly killed himself. Now I dont get the Sting v HHH match, what was the point in HHH winning? I feel it was just a reason to get DX and the NWO together for a Wrestlemainia moment. Taker match was alright, he can still wrestle and after last year I thought he was done. Cena v Rusev was predictable and I thought was the worst match of the night. Rollins cashing in was the perfect way to keep Lesner and Reigns strong. Reigns gets his ass kicked most of the time and still almost beats Lesner, Lesner still kicking ass and Rollins cashes in before the match was over was a good idea. I give the ppv a 7 out of 10, a great surprise it was this good. :mrgreen:

PostPosted: Mon Mar 30, 2015 4:52 pm 
Bilderburger Attendee

Seems to me that Sting match was just another way for McMahon to rub everyone's face in the fact he won the war. I was never a huge Sting fan but it really rubs me wrong that Sting's one match in WWE is a loss. I think that is purposeful too. Unless something completely unexpected happens, It's just a big ego show for McMahon.

PostPosted: Tue Mar 31, 2015 6:30 pm 
Site Admin

Yeah, the Sting match definitely seemed like your typical WWE political BS. Hopefully Sting can come back and do something meaningful, but at his age, I'm skeptical. Probably a HoF induction maybe next year and that's it.

PostPosted: Thu Apr 02, 2015 5:34 am 
Skull and Bones Flunkie

Yeah a HOF induction, I hope, is all that's left. I don't wanna see Sting vs Undertaker anymore. Maybe like 10 years ago but at this point in their careers I don't think it would be a good match.